Serie B suspended!!! (1 Viewer)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Serie B suspended
Friday 13 August, 2004

Serie B has been suspended until further notice by the Naples tribunal after the FIGC had refused to include Napoli in the Division.

Judge Renato Luigi Lipani came to the decision that the Italian Second Division would be suspended, as well as four matches from the preliminary round of the Coppa Italia, “until SS Napoli - that is Luciano Gaucci’s club - are included in the Cadetta championship.”

Gaucci, who had a similar feud with the Italian football federation to court last season, looks set for another long summer in the courts. “It was a necessary act,” insisted the volatile President. “I only hope that it goes the distance.

“My colleagues and I will not stop here. We will continue until we have saved Napoli and defend our rights. We believe that the Neapolitan judicial system will sort this problem out, unlike the sporting bodies who seem to interpret the law but not apply it.”

The FIGC, however, were harsh in their response to this verdict. “We still haven’t received anything. If this is the case then it is clearly the wrong verdict, as well as being contradictory it is dangerous,” insisted the FIGC lawyer Mario Gallavotti. “We will wait to read the tribunals verdict and then decide what action to take.”

----------------

FFS, the Italian leagues are starting to become a joke, this kinda shit happens every fvcking year.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    3 or 4 ;)

BTW, isnt there a rule that prevents one owner having more than one club in the same division?

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

BTW, isnt there a rule that prevents one owner having more than one club in the same division?
    at least that's the rule in European competitions...

Damn that Gaucci is a clown...

3pac

Alex Del Mexico
    May 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Len ] ++
    It would be cool ay? Roma in Serie B due to financial reasons...;)

wed lose one of our rivals :down: its better they stay and give us some competition (as logn as we win of course :D)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)