Serie B: Juventus vs Bologna [05-12-2007] (15 Viewers)

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
yeh but even if they both lose they'd still both be within 9pts with 12pts to play for!
22 teams = 42 games & 42-38 = 4

not that i can see us givin up this kind of lead but the maths just not adding up to me...or maybe it's just me:frown:
sorry there....not may fault but both goal.com & channel 4 cannot do math...& apparently neither of them sure of how many games we have won or drawn :irritated

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
@Dominic and Mike, thanks. :pint:

Palladino - 7
did very well out of position, his footwork puzzled the bologna defenders and he got some nice passes and crosses in to DP and trez

DD - 8made GOOD key decisions for a change and today he pleased one of his biggest critics (me), i hope to see more of the same
Mike, I think that Palladino wasn't that impressive today. He was out of position as you said, but he could've done better.

Anyways, I'm happy that you've started to like Deschamps. :wink:

BTW, I just downloaded the goals, great set up by Giovinco but geez...when he and Trez hugged they looked like father and son(14 year old son). :D
I swear that I imagined the same thing when they're hugging each other. :D

screw that plan...if we heading to italia mite as well go for the big fish...let's rolll for moratti!;)
Let's do it, man. :boxing:

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
if the ref didnt save the day, then Gigi did with some last second saves

I didn't think it was a penalty, but I'll take the victory anyways....

ratings-

Buffon 7 - saved the best for last

Zebina 6 - solid performance

Boumsong 5.5- some miscues, but has been worse

Chiellini 5.5 - was burned by Belluci for the first goal, made a few other mistakes, but isnt in his natural position

Balzaretti 6- defensively, he was ok...his crosses are getting slightly better when he comes forward

Marchionni 5.5- sloppy, still not the player he was at Parma

Marchisio 6.5- was all over the place, gets a higher mark for his hustle....still needs to work on the fundamentals

Palladino 6- had some good moments, but its frustrating for me to watch a STRIKER play as an outside middie

Del Piero 7- he gets credit for a great first goal, and the converted PK...but was sloppy with the ball otherwise

Trezeguet 6- he scored, and was more visible than in recent matches

Zanetti 7 - solid rock in the midfield, and had an assist to boot...

Birindelli 6- played ok defensively, and wasnt too bad pressing forward

Giovinco 7- made his presence known out there...didnt have the first game jitters that can make young players anonymous. He may have a future here....he makes Miccoli look like a giant !! ;)

DD 5.5- bringing in Giovinco was his best move of the day...I'm just wondering what he told our players after we went up 2-1, against 9 players...Bologna never should have had the opportunities to score in the last minutes

does anyone else notice that DP and Trez don't celebrate goals together ??

JuveGER

Mar 10, 2006
If both Napoli and Genoa lose we are alreaday in SerieA. We are 9 ahead of Genoa and 11 ahead of Napoli. The first 2 qualify directly for SerieA. With 4 more games, Napoli has to win all games to leapfrog us. But that means they have to beat Genoa, too. If Napoli defeats Genoa, Genoa can only achieve 9 more points and cannot leapfrog us. Therefore there is no way we can become 3rd and miss the direct qualification to SerieA, if both Napoli and Genoa lose their game.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
@Dominic and Mike, thanks. :pint:

Mike, I think that Palladino wasn't that impressive today. He was out of position as you said, but he could've done better.

Anyways, I'm happy that you've started to like Deschamps. :wink:
ah rite well as i say i missed the 1st half but i thought he looked like a threat down the left in the 2nd, but maybe it was balza on the ball as i couldnt make the players out properly on the stream, gio though was very impressive!

well i wouldnt go THAT far! hes proved to me he can actually make the right decisions now but hes still got a long way to go! i hope im wrong about him i honestly do and today has restored a bit of my faith in him, im sure i'll trust him more when he gets a few of his own players in

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Nice ratings, Dominic. Here's my match report...

The match started out fairly even, with Juve having the slight edge. More motion in front of the Bologna goal, but Bologna was getting apparently the better chances with occasional Juve defensive muffs at preventing danger.

Then Bologna scored on a brilliant deep pass that seemed to zip through about 6 defenders without anyone touching it, finally reaching a sprinting Bellucci in front of goal for a nice finish that Gigi did little to slow down. 0-1. Not this again!

But Juve didn't panic and slowly started to build themselves back into the game. Chipping away at the Bologna defense, Zanetti launched a nice ball forward to catch a running Del Piero on the right who just shot the far post out of Antonioli's reach. Great goal. 1-1.

Then Juve suddenly seemed to turn on the firehose. Juve dominated possession and pressed forward for the go-ahead.

After halftime, it continued. But oddly, Del Piero got a little greedy and blew a few open opportunities where he really should have sealed it -- choosing to hold on to it while his nearby teammates ran free, then making a shot that Antonioli had no trouble with.

Then things got weirder. Juve was doing so much to move the ball forward and dominate possession, but yet we couldn't put together even a scrappy shot on goal. Offensive miscommunication was rampant. Players zigged when the other thought they would zag. Turnover, turnover, turnover with nothing to show for it deep in the Bologna end.

Then the Curse of Bologna reared its ugly head again (ugly for the rossoblú, that is): with under 10 minutes left, Marchionni is going up to head a ball in the box and makes subtle contact with a defender on his way down. The ref points to the spot. This ref who basically shorted Juve on most of the calls today (IMO) opted to give the penalty on pretty weak circumstances. Though to his defense, from his angle I could see how he thought the defender gave Marchionni a tumble. Let's just say if the sides were reversed, I would have disagreed -- and so thus I don't think it was a deserved penalty. And neither did a couple of Bologna defenders, who were summarily ejected for protesting the call.

I could only think of the Serie A ghost of Gianluca Pagliuca, yelling, "So that's it, right?! They just have to win, ref!"

DP converts the PK twice (once called back for offsides). 2-1. Juve celebrates A, but then gets ridiculously fat, lazy and complacent by apparently trying to backpass away the rest of the game. Are they having pity on Bologna, or are they just fools -- even with the 11-9-man advantage? Answer: fools! On corner kicks, Gigi is forced suddenly out of match retirement to don his Super Gigi garb and make some brilliant, World Cup-level saves just to keep Juve on top.

Then the incredibly young and short Giovinco, who was a dynamo in attack out there after subbing Palladino, feeds an easy tap-in for Trez to finish the match and the clock. 3-1.

Ratings:

Buffon - 7 - Asleep much of the match, and he maybe could have done more to distract Bellucci on the first goal. But his brilliant saves at the end kept Juve on top for promotion and looked like the very reason why he's irreplaceable.

Balzaretti - 6.5 - Some good offensive play in moving the ball around and winning it back upfield. Not too much to do defensively.

Chiellini - 6 - Decent play for the most part, but he got caught on the wrong side of the ball a couple of times.

Boumsong - 7 - Who is this guy? He looked cool and confident, and he won balls and made good challenges. He even pressed forward to help distribute the ball from midfield when needed.

Zebina - 6 - Not a bad match. OK defensively and a nice pass to DP that could have resulted in a score. It was harsh that he received a yellow for diving.

Giannichedda - 5.5 - Generally added little while on the pitch.

Marchisio - 7 - He was making plays on both ends of the field. At first defensively, with some great defensive stops and interference. But then he pressed forward and added some dangerous passes and ball control in the box. And he had seemingly more touches than anyone today. Unfortuantely, he played back more towards the end of the match in more of a ball containment role -- as he was having the kind of game where we could have used his presence in the box more as the draw ran on.

Palladino - 5.5 - Nothing really that notable. He didn't lose the ball as often, but should have contributed more with his crosses. Still, winger isn't his natural position.

Marchionni - 6 - Despite some of his obvious mistakes, he played an OK game -- better than lately. He still needs to clear defenders better when making passes and crosses. But he added to the ball movement in attack.

Del Piero - 6 - Brilliant goal and two solid PKs. But unfortunately he became a ball hog when he really needed to distribute on a few prime chances in the second half. A couple of finishes really should have been better too -- a hattrick should have been in the cards for him today.

Trezeguet - 6 - While he didn't score until the last moments of the game, his finishing was generally pretty good and he made some constructive touches throughout. It was just that Antonioli found ways to be in the right position to thwart him.

Subs:

Zanetti - 6.5 - A nice improvement over Giannichedda. Some good, dangerous passes.

Birindelli - 5.5 - Didn't have to do much defensively, and added little offensively.

Giovinco - 7 - He's short. He's young. But this guy who looks like the neighborhood paperboy sure could play. Some smart and accurate crosses and dangerous play. Where has he been hiding?!

DD - 5 - The starting lineup was good. And I'm kinda glad injury kept Legro out. And the Biri sub for Zebina was smart, because Zebina is always a hair's breadth from a red card out of the game. And Giovinco was a really nice sub. But Marchisio should have been sent forward more in the latter stages of the match, particularly for how well he had been playing there. And the play after the 2-1 lead was inexcusable, requiring Super Gigi to save two points from being completely wasted when we should have gone for the 3-1 jugular with a 11-9-man advantage.

Sure i'll have a go.

Buffon 7 Some keeping, in the final stages of the game.
Zebina 6 Decent
Boumsong 5.5 Not bad, but was caught out at times.
Chiellini 5.5 Ditto
Balzaretti 6.5 Really pushed forward in the second half.
Marchionni 5+ Terrible outting really, but at least he won us a (lucky penalty)..
Giannichedda -
Marchisio 7+ MOM As the commentator said- omnipresente
Palladino 6 Some nice passes and play, but not enough quality.
Del Piero 7- Very good, but missed too many chances.
Trezeguet 6 Was actually present and scored.

Zanetti 7 Good assist and solid performance. Reliable.
Birindelli 6 Typical
Giovinco 7 What a talent! Great assist in a Great debut.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
if the ref didnt save the day, then Gigi did with some last second saves

I didn't think it was a penalty, but I'll take the victory anyways....

ratings-

Buffon 7 - saved the best for last

Zebina 6 - solid performance

Boumsong 5.5- some miscues, but has been worse

Chiellini 5.5 - was burned by Belluci for the first goal, made a few other mistakes, but isnt in his natural position

Balzaretti 6- defensively, he was ok...his crosses are getting slightly better when he comes forward

Marchionni 5.5- sloppy, still not the player he was at Parma

Marchisio 6.5- was all over the place, gets a higher mark for his hustle....still needs to work on the fundamentals

Palladino 6- had some good moments, but its frustrating for me to watch a STRIKER play as an outside middie

Del Piero 7- he gets credit for a great first goal, and the converted PK...but was sloppy with the ball otherwise

Trezeguet 6- he scored, and was more visible than in recent matches

Zanetti 7 - solid rock in the midfield, and had an assist to boot...

Birindelli 6- played ok defensively, and wasnt too bad pressing forward

Giovinco 7- made his presence known out there...didnt have the first game jitters that can make young players anonymous. He may have a future here....he makes Miccoli look like a giant !! ;)

DD 5.5- bringing in Giovinco was his best move of the day...I'm just wondering what he told our players after we went up 2-1, against 9 players...Bologna never should have had the opportunities to score in the last minutes

does anyone else notice that DP and Trez don't celebrate goals together ??
good analysis vin! :tup: a little harsh on DD he actually impressed me today for a change!

as for the celebrating :agree: i noticed it in the last few games.... have no idea whats going on there, they also had a mini argument when trez headed on and dp didnt run, they also, judging by today dont like to pass to each other in blatant goal scoring positions!

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
ah rite well as i say i missed the 1st half but i thought he looked like a threat down the left in the 2nd, but maybe it was balza on the ball as i couldnt make the players out properly on the stream, gio though was very impressive!

well i wouldnt go THAT far! hes proved to me he can actually make the right decisions now but hes still got a long way to go! i hope im wrong about him i honestly do and today has restored a bit of my faith in him, im sure i'll trust him more when he gets a few of his own players in
When it comes to Deschamps, I don't know if it is right to judge him at the very end of the campaign or after the closure of the transfer market. As I bear in mind that we still in Serie B and our team has been already better than all the Serie B teams by miles, despite losing bunch of stars.

But the man looks like he loves the club and he wants to do his best. Anyways, hope he'll succeed in his new experience; Serie A.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
When it comes to Deschamps, I don't know if it is right to judge him at the very end of the campaign or after the closure of the transfer market. As I bear in mind that we still in Serie B and our team has been already better than all the Serie B teams by miles, despite losing bunch of stars.

But the man looks like he loves the club and he wants to do his best. Anyways, hope he'll succeed in his new experience; Serie A.
:agree: we can do well in serie a next year, it will be one of the toughest challenges these players have faced. The sooner we can wrap up this promotion the better, hope napoli and genoa lost their next games!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
good analysis vin! :tup: a little harsh on DD he actually impressed me today for a change!

as for the celebrating :agree: i noticed it in the last few games.... have no idea whats going on there, they also had a mini argument when trez headed on and dp didnt run, they also, judging by today dont like to pass to each other in blatant goal scoring positions!

Yeah I've noticed that too. At the first goal DP needed to assist and I'm sure he would done that in normal situation, but after Genoa game and Trez's stealing from DP they are not in good relations.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)