Serie B: Juventus vs Bologna [05-12-2007] (14 Viewers)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Guys, what do you think seriously of the penalty? Channel 4 says that Del Piero secured a controversial win. :confused:
i think it was a penalty, the bologna player ran under marchionni when he jumped for the header and as a result he couldnt get to the ball, at the same time ive seen them not given, but at the end of the day today in the 2nd half we deserved to win the game, bologna were only playing on the counter attack and it would have been a huge injustice if we would have been beaten/tied.

i also feel the need here to praise DD for today as i am the first to criticise him normally, his choices were perfect and we played good football so a pat on the back to him, his changes also made a difference especially giovinco, they just couldnt handle his pace.

it was good to see giovinco as i havent seen him before and his assist for trezeguet was beautiful and slid exactly where trez wanted it, i hope to see more in the next few games! now lets hope tht napoli and genoa both lose so we can be promoted!!

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
i think it was a penalty, the bologna player ran under marchionni when he jumped for the header and as a result he couldnt get to the ball, at the same time ive seen them not given, but at the end of the day today in the 2nd half we deserved to win the game, bologna were only playing on the counter attack and it would have been a huge injustice if we would have been beaten/tied.

i also feel the need here to praise DD for today as i am the first to criticise him normally, his choices were perfect and we played good football so a pat on the back to him, his changes also made a difference especially giovinco, they just couldnt handle his pace.

it was good to see giovinco as i havent seen him before and his assist for trezeguet was beautiful and slid exactly where trez wanted it, i hope to see more in the next few games! now lets hope tht napoli and genoa both lose so we can be promoted!!
:tup:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
anyone with some ratings please?.. :)
Sure i'll have a go.

Buffon 7 Some keeping, in the final stages of the game.
Zebina 6 Decent
Boumsong 5.5 Not bad, but was caught out at times.
Chiellini 5.5 Ditto
Balzaretti 6.5 Really pushed forward in the second half.
Marchionni 5+ Terrible outting really, but at least he won us a (lucky penalty)..
Giannichedda -
Marchisio 7+ MOM As the commentator said- omnipresente
Palladino 6 Some nice passes and play, but not enough quality.
Del Piero 7- Very good, but missed too many chances.
Trezeguet 6 Was actually present and scored.

Zanetti 7 Good assist and solid performance. Reliable.
Birindelli 6 Typical
Giovinco 7 What a talent! Great assist in a Great debut.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006

Good post. Despite being a soft penalty, still it was a penalty.

And the most important happenings of the match are that we become on verge of reaching Serie A and watching Giovinco for the first time.

OP
Christina

Christina

vanilla pudding
Aug 21, 2006
  • Thread Starter #471
    this is goal.com's serie B table as of today's results

http://http://www.goal.com/en/Risultati.aspx?idTorneo=20
    & if my maths is correct the we have 4 games left & even if napoli lose we'd still have 12pts to play for while only having a 9 point lead....so how does their losing guarantee our promotion like every1 is saying??

unless their table is wrong
    Because we're not just talking about winning, we can also finish in 2nd.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    Sure i'll have a go.

Buffon 7 Some keeping, in the final stages of the game.
    Zebina 6 Decent
    Boumsong 5.5 Not bad, but was caught out at times.
    Chiellini 5.5 Ditto
    Balzaretti 6.5 Really pushed forward in the second half.
    Marchionni 5+ Terrible outting really, but at least he won us a (lucky penalty)..
    Giannichedda -
    Marchisio 7+ MOM As the commentator said- omnipresente
    Palladino 6 Some nice passes and play, but not enough quality.
    Del Piero 7- Very good, but missed too many chances.
    Trezeguet 6 Was actually present and scored.

Zanetti 7 Good assist and solid performance. Reliable.
    Birindelli 6 Typical
    Giovinco 7 What a talent! Great assist in a Great debut.

Thank you!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Damn nice to see that we won this one.. Just came home from work.. :D

anyone with some ratings please?.. :)
    i can do the player rating in the 2nd half as i missed the first half so may not be accurate but:

Buffon - 6.75
    had very little to do in the second half but when we needed him he was there and he was there in typical buffonesqe style, in the last minute defending a one goal lead he performed a wonder save from a header off a corner and if i remember correctly he saved the rebound and from the resulting corner kick he punched the ball out to create our counter

Chiellini - 6
    did well, as i say not much to do really, looked slightly shaky when we tried to catch bologna offside but it worked so he did his job

boum - 5.5
    as above, lost the ball a few times when clearing didnt get it out as far as he should have but did not do much wrong.

Balza - 6.5
    did well and supported palla/gio well down the flanks, a good performance, hes been great this season

Zebina - 6
    did well, brought the ball forward quite well and did well defensively

Marchionni - 5.25
    not a good game for him, most of our play went down the left, partly because of his slack passing and poor movement, won the decisive penalty which proved important saved him from getting a 5

Palladino - 7
    did very well out of position, his footwork puzzled the bologna defenders and he got some nice passes and crosses in to DP and trez

Zanetti - 6.5
    typical gritty performance, weve missed him and did his job very well, his passing and vision is underestimated and he always gave the wingers options if they were stuck

Marchisio - 6.5
    looked more natural today, had a good shot from distance but unfortunately went straight to the keeper, he can play his natural game with a player like zanetti next to him

Del piero - 7
    scored 2 decisive goals and had to take the penalty twice but managed to keep his cool and went the opposite way, he got into very good positions and he could have had 3-4 goals or set up 2 other goals, can be selfish sometimes

Trezeguet - 6.5
    got another goal and did his job, today his off the ball running really tied their defence up in nots and had del piero been less selfish he could have scored more

subs:
    giovinco - 6.5
    made an impact, his pace is very dangerous and his ball to trez was fantastic, we may have a little gem in our hands

biri - 5.5
    did his job, still doesnt convince me but didnt do anything wrong

DD - 8

made GOOD key decisions for a change and today he pleased one of his biggest critics (me), i hope to see more of the same

V

Jun 8, 2005
    • V

V

Thanks for the ratings guys.

BTW, I just downloaded the goals, great set up by Giovinco but geez...when he and Trez hugged they looked like father and son(14 year old son). :D

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
    Nov 25, 2006
    Because we're not just talking about winning, we can also finish in 2nd.
    yeh but even if they both lose they'd still both be within 9pts with 12pts to play for!
    22 teams = 42 games & 42-38 = 4

not that i can see us givin up this kind of lead but the maths just not adding up to me...or maybe it's just me:frown:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    Thanks for the ratings guys.

BTW, I just downloaded the goals, great set up by Giovinco but geez...when he and Trez hugged they looked like father and son(14 year old son). :D
    lol i no hes bloody tiny, when he went off for palla i was like :shocked: palla isnt tall and he made giovinco look like a toddler!

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
    yeh but even if they both lose they'd still both be within 9pts with 12pts to play for!

not that i can see us givin up this kind of lead but the maths just not adding up to me...or maybe it's just me:frown:
    they play each other last game! so they cant both win 12 points!! :p

OP
    Christina

Christina

vanilla pudding
    Aug 21, 2006
  • Thread Starter #480

He looks taller there..:shifty:

Actually, Napoli would be within 11 points, but you have a point.

they play each other last game! so they cant both win 12 points!! :p
    Oh, thanks. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)