Serie A's new hopes (1 Viewer)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Now after the fall of Lazio and Parma some other teams battle for the 4th Champions League spot.
A couple of teams interest me a lot, teams that have good financial backing and spend their money wisely. Don't get me wrong, I'm pro-Juve all the way, but the teams I mention down here are teams that I want to do good to make the Serie A stronger and a more competitive.

1. Fiorentina are back up only after 2 years of absance and bankruptcy. Their new sugardaddy has spent quite a bit of money to make the Viola competitive again. Honestly I think Moggi's choice of selling Maresca, Miccoli and Chiellini was for the good of italian football(although I'm quite sure that wasn't on his mind), because if only Juve and Milan challenge each other for the scudetto it will be like Scotland, Rangers v.s. Celtic all the time. The Viola's fans are also amazing and people in Turin can learn a lot from them, their avarage attendance last season was 35.000 which was when they were in Serie B and I'm sure it's gone up now considering that their stadium capacity is 47.000.

2. Palermo have doing great this season and are currently in 5th place. They haven't been in Serie A for more than 30 years but now they're back to challenge for a European spot. President Maurizio Zamparini has spent millions to make the club competitive and right now they're only a spot away from the Champions League. They're fans are awesome and a few thousand of them travel to spectate away games, while their attendance at the beautiful Renzo Barbera stadium has been examplary. Below is a photo of the atmosphere in Sicily.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
If Roma dont get the 4th spot, I hope it goes to Forentina, I'm not a fan, but Serie A just isnt the same without them!

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
I want Serie A to end like this:

1. Juventus
2. Milan
3. Inter
4. Roma
5. Udinese
6. Fiorentina
7. Lecce

Hahha so that we will have strong teams in CL ;)

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by David Del Piero ] ++
I want Serie A to end like this:

1. Juventus
2. Milan
3. Inter
4. Roma
5. Udinese
6. Fiorentina
7. Lecce

Hahha so that we will have strong teams in CL ;)

Strong teams in CL? And what the hell is Roma doing in 4th place then? :D

OP
Paid-off-Ref

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #8
    But people, Udinese don't have the potential to be big. Unlike Udinese, Palermo and Fiorentina have their fans show up which helps generate income. Believe me, those clubs have all he potential in world to be big and money generated from Champions League can really help them out, I'd like to see 4 italian teams reaching knock-out stages in the CL. And their books aren't as messy as those of Roma and Lazio. Honestly for the good of Serie A I wouldn't mind seeing the same thing happening to Lazio as happened to Fiorentina, declare bankruptcy and start all over again, because how the hell are you going to pay your way out of a 250 million euro dept when you´re making less and less money from TV rights ? And if you find a way to do it, then how much time is it going to take ? Wouldn't it just be easier to give up and hope to. be back in two years without the burden of debt ?

OP
    Paid-off-Ref

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #9
    And doesn´t it bring you down when the CL reprensentatives of Italy don´t have their stadiums filled with passionate crowd ? I think Palermo and Fiorentina would make Italian football look good in front of the world. And to my knowledge, Udinese have always been a "selling club" so those players who make the club what they are today will most likely leave for a bigger club once the Udinese starts playing in the CL.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paid-off-Ref ] ++
    And doesn´t it bring you down when the CL reprensentatives of Italy don´t have their stadiums filled with passionate crowd ? I think Palermo and Fiorentina would make Italian football look good in front of the world. And to my knowledge, Udinese have always been a "selling club" so those players who make the club what they are today will most likely leave for a bigger club once the Udinese starts playing in the CL.

you make a good point but as of this moment Udinese deserves it more

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)