Serie A: Udinese vs Juventus [Feb 10 , 2008] (85 Viewers)

Dave36

Jun 11, 2007
How is it possible that Ranieri gets so much heat after one of the biggest wins of the year? Exactly where do you expect this club to be right now?

They are positioned perfectly for the CL next year - do you legitimately think Juve could have contended for the Scudetto this year when Inter is playing better than anyone in Europe? Are we honestly a better club than Roma?

Name one coach in Europe that could put Juve in a better spot right now. With Molinaro, Nocerino, no help from Tiago or Almiron and missing Buffon for a while I have absolutely no problem with Raineri.

And to say that you want to lose today in order to get rid of Ranieri? Juve needed this match today badly. Thank goodness they got it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How is it possible that Ranieri gets so much heat after one of the biggest wins of the year? Exactly where do you expect this club to be right now?

They are positioned perfectly for the CL next year - do you legitimately think Juve could have contended for the Scudetto this year when Inter is playing better than anyone in Europe? Are we honestly a better club than Roma?

Name one coach in Europe that could put Juve in a better spot right now. With Molinaro, Nocerino, no help from Tiago or Almiron and missing Buffon for a while I have absolutely no problem with Raineri.
:rofl2:

Dave36

Jun 11, 2007
I don't get what's so funny. The expectations for this team going into the year was CL qualification - they're in position to do so. I applaud Ranieri for getting us there.

Dave36

Jun 11, 2007
So are Inter.

I could name loads, and that question has already been asked to me.

Inter didn't just spend a year in Serie B. They didn't have to sell off their best players. They don't have Secco surveying the transfer market.

I don't see anyway that Mourhino or Lippi get more out of Molinaro or Tiago. The only thing I envision them doing better is using their influence to get better players in here. So if we could land one of those two, let's do it. But at the same time, I don't hate Ranieri the way everyone else does.

May 22, 2007
Inter didn't just spend a year in Serie B. They didn't have to sell off their best players. They don't have Secco surveying the transfer market.

I don't see anyway that Mourhino or Lippi get more out of Molinaro or Tiago. The only thing I envision them doing better is using their influence to get better players in here. So if we could land one of those two, let's do it. But at the same time, I don't hate Ranieri the way everyone else does.
If we are in the top 4 we are in a perfect spot for the Champions League. If not then we aren't. Anything can change, we have just passed the half season mark.

Mourinho got more out of Tiago at Chelsea than Ranieri is doing now.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I don't get what's so funny. The expectations for this team going into the year was CL qualification - they're in position to do so. I applaud Ranieri for getting us there.
What's funny is blind optimism in spite of obvious flaws and horrendous decisions that are costing us points and will cost us points. But losing points for ridiculous reasons isn't funny... it's stupid. You are seemingly one of those fans who just look at the scoreline and the table while not watching the match. It's no coincidence that most of the people who have watched every single match are disatisfied with Ranieri.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Our squad is not amateur. On paper we should have beaten Sampdoria, Cagliari and Catania but we didn't.

2 wins in 2008 so far.
yet on paper is one thing and in real life is another. And yes our squad... or rather the team is pretty average with the exception of the Champions of course. And they have been pretty bad at times this season. Besides it's our winter crisis and it's nothing new really. We've had it under Deschamps and Capello.

Whether or not Ranieri will be replaced isn't in my hands. But I will continue to insult him as long as he makes idiotic decisions and drives our club off a fucking cliff.

If you're in a car with a driver who is flooring your vehicle to the edge of a cliff, are you going to sit there and say, "hey, my car insurance isn't up to the standards and I need better fucking insurance instead of these idiots over here at Nationwide"?

I mean come on, dude. Just because we can't remove someone from a position at Juventus doesn't mean we can't speak out against them. What the hell is the point of being fan if you don't admit something is wrong with your club.
....what? c'mon trying to make a guy running a car off a cliff is one thing and managing a club is a whole different matter. Ranieri is not running Juve off a cliff. If anything Ranieri (and our champions) have kept the club from running off the cliff. He is achieving what is expected of him....did you forget our initial expectations? most of us expected us to finish 5th or 6th or even 7th at the best...and that was with a full strength squad including Tiago, Andrade, Almiron and Criscito being starters...well yeah we are in 3rd place without the supposed first team players. That is not running a club off the cliff, Andy. A guy trying to run a club off a cliff doesn't doesn't make his team pull a comeback like against Udinese.

look I've said it before, Ranieri won't win us titles...that's pretty much a given. Right now though, he doing what was expected of him..once the season is over yeah go ahead try and find a better replacement. you want to criticize? go ahead, that's your right. It proves you love your club. But insulting him when he is achieving what he is expected is idiotic, and you have to give credit when it's due. He is still part of Juve. If you can't respect that then perhaps you (not just you Andy, but people insulting him in general) should join another form. You are not children, you are grown adults. Criticizing is one thing, insulting is another.

May 22, 2007
That to me as more to do with Tiago in the Premiership than Mourhino. He won't ever succeed in Italy.
Yeah, because he got the same oppurtunites at both clubs. Ranieri dislikes Tiago, thats what has been preventing us from seeing what he is (I'm not saying that it will be good or bad).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
That to me as more to do with Tiago in the Premiership than Mourhino. He won't ever succeed in Italy.
And why is that exactly? Give us your reasoning instead of media bullshit.

If you have not realized, the Premiership has probably been the most competitive league team for team in the past four years, something I fucking hate to admit. Moreover, the fast paced style and hard nose play in the Premiership makes the physical nature of the EPL greater than that of Italy. Not to mention the fact Tiago was a tactical linchpin in the Lyon system. So... why wouldn't Tiago succeed in Italy?

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002

And to say that you want to lose today in order to get rid of Ranieri? Juve needed this match today badly. Thank goodness they got it.
wipe your mouth off, Dave...

you've got RUINeri's man-juice all over you :p

May 22, 2007
yet on paper is one thing and in real life is another. And yes our squad... or rather the team is pretty average with the exception of the Champions of course. And they have been pretty bad at times this season. Besides it's our winter crisis and it's nothing new really. We've had it under Deschamps and Capello.
And in real life our team hasn't been converting their potential into results. Whether that is to do with the players being shit, the coaches tactics being shit or a combination of both, it is still not what we should be doing.

What, because we have had bad results around this time in winter we should keep expecting it? No, we shouldn't. We should expecting to get wins against teams which are poorer.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And why is that exactly? Give us your reasoning instead of media bullshit.

If you have not realized, the Premiership has probably been the most competitive league team for team in the past four years, something I fucking hate to admit. Moreover, the fast paced style and hard nose play in the Premiership makes the physical nature of the EPL greater than that of Italy. Not to mention the fact Tiago was a tactical linchpin in the Lyon system. So... why wouldn't Tiago succeed in Italy?

ya..because if a players plays well in one league or team that means he will play well in another....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
....what? c'mon trying to make a guy running a car off a cliff is one thing and managing a club is a whole different matter. Ranieri is not running Juve off a cliff. If anything Ranieri (and our champions) have kept the club from running off the cliff. He is achieving what is expected of him....did you forget our initial expectations? most of us expected us to finish 5th or 6th or even 7th at the best...and that was with a full strength squad including Tiago, Andrade, Almiron and Criscito being starters...well yeah we are in 3rd place without the supposed first team players. That is not running a club off the cliff, Andy. A guy trying to run a club off a cliff doesn't doesn't make his team pull a comeback like against Udinese.

look I've said it before, Ranieri won't win us titles...that's pretty much a given. Right now though, he doing what was expected of him..once the season is over yeah go ahead try and find a better replacement. you want to criticize? go ahead, that's your right. It proves you love your club. But insulting him when he is achieving what he is expected is idiotic, and you have to give credit when it's due. He is still part of Juve. If you can't respect that then perhaps you (not just you Andy, but people insulting him in general) should join another form. You are not children, you are grown adults. Criticizing is one thing, insulting is another.
Apparently you didn't understand my metaphor regarding the terrible driver and Ranieri. The reason why I criticise and insult Ranieri is because I feel he is making terrible mistakes and many other managers could do a better job. But what makes me irrate more than anything is the fact that he not only makes the wrong decisions, but the most nonsensical decisions that are that of an idiot. Pull our best performer off the park at halftime. Play strikers in midfield. Say Palladino is Nedved's replacement. Etc. It's this sort of nonsense that has cost us points and shouldn't be tolerated.

Ranieri has shown us that his managerial skills are not up to Juventus par. Why should we not criticise him when we know he won't be fired? Isn't that some weird sort of individual censorhip?

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
And in real life our team hasn't been converting their potential into results. Whether that is to do with the players being shit, the coaches tactics being shit or a combination of both, it is still not what we should be doing.

What, because we have had bad results around this time in winter we should keep expecting it? No, we shouldn't. We should expecting to get wins against teams which are poorer.
I pratially agree on this bold part. The recent home games displays was no excuse. Worst still was Ranieri defending those performances. It was pretty stupid to stay but then we know Ranieri talks too much crap sometimes.

Agreed, we should not have a "tradition" of a winter crisis. But people here would make you beleive it's only been done by Ranieri only....

here's what's interesting people around here admit that Inter has a better squad than us, that Roma has a better squad than us, and that Milan have a better squad than us (and some say that Fiorentina have a better squad than us) but apparently us being in the top 3 behind the 2 team that are better than us and ahead of the 2 teams that are also better than us is Ranieri running the club off the cliff. Damn that Ranieri for doing better than what people expected of this squad.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ya..because if a players plays well in one league or team that means he will play well in another....
I'm still trying to find an argument that successfully provides evidence as to why Tiago wouldn't succeed in Italy. Too many fucking retards here use the Serie A > Premiership argument to prove their point, and it's completely annoying and reaks of ignorance.

So tell me... why wouldn't Tiago succeed in Italy after succeeding in the Premiership? Don't give me the "pussy" bullshit either. England is more hard-nosed than Italy when it comes to football.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
Ranieri has shown us that his managerial skills are not up to Juventus par. Why should we not criticise him when we know he won't be fired? Isn't that some weird sort of individual censorhip?

there is a difference between someone who critisizes and someone who insults or wishes our coach to drop dead. Look at Vsnoop for example, he does not like Ranieri and gives us a reason an explanation for that. that's fine and an enjoyable thing to read and debate. Then you look at other memebers who only throw insults left and right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 85)