Serie A: Udinese vs Juventus [Feb 10 , 2008] (8 Viewers)

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Whoa, I can't beleive we somehow manage to win that one. A win against a decent team, despite an almost incredibly poor performance.

Buffon 7
Always in the right place, kept us out of harms way during the many corner kicks Udinese got.

Zebina 5.5
Wild, too wild. Pushed nicely forward at times. He wasn't bad overall, but he wasn't accurate, disciplined and sharp enough today. A big improvement over Birindelli, Grygera and Salihamidzic recently though.

Legrottaglie 5.5
Decent, made some good stops, but was not a pillar in defence. This was a Legrottaglie of this season in a nutshell kind of performance; decent.

Chiellini 5
Reckless. Way too many fouls and always a hair away from giving away a penatly and/or getting a red card. If he plays like this against roma, i'd rather he stay out the box and play as leftback. One of his worst showings as a centreback. Let's hope it's due to lack of matchfitness.

Molinaro 5
A typical performance sadly. Nervous defensively and even when he managed to get forward nicely he couldn't get any cross in.

Camoranesi 6.5
Worked very hard. Made up a lot of ground and came unto the ball a lot. He did a lot, but not so efficiently. He was often quite unlucky with his moves, but he did by far the best work in our midfield. Scored a great equaliser and even did well in spreading the play when ranieri moved him to the centre of the midfield(which was a good move at the time).
(Sissoko, no rating)

Nocerino 5
Just poor. Useless even. Mistimed and misjudged all his passes and even his destructive work was non-existant today as well. Went missing for most of the match.
(Palladino 6)
Gave a good contribution in the closing stages of the game, added some pace and unpredictability to the midfield play.

Zanetti 5.5
Not terrible, but one of his poorest outings this season. Failed to add some steel to the midfield, was slow in his decisions and his passing wasn't as sharp as it can be. Dissapointing. Not the ever-reliable player today.

Nedved 6
Pretty average. He didn't show enough skill and enough of himself today. He couldn't impose himself on the play. He did not make mistakes though and his assist to Iaquinta was well executed.

Del Piero 5.5
Worked hard, tried a lot, but unsuccesfully so. Had no end-results to his game today and had some suprisingly terrible touches. The midfield couldn't hold possesion well enough though and Del Piero had little workable passes to work with.

Trezeguet 5
Invisible, but again, he had nothing to work with. The 5 may thus be a little harsh.

Iaquinta 6.5
First touch. Goal. Against his former team to boot. We can always count on him.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
About the two penalties Snoop said, i guess he means:
-Molinaro's hand, despite me hating Molinaro, i would say that was less a penalty than the other. There was a cross that clearly and involuntary hit Molinaro's hand,
Salih has been punished for a similar infraction, in the cup against Inter.
I m against all these penalties, as the defenders dont have the intention to stop the ball with their hand, but some refs convert them to undeserved penalties, referring to the laws, that say if the player's hand has a contact with the ball and it his hand it isnt attached to his body, then it is a foul/penalty!
-Chiellini's harsh tackle in our box, on Di Natale IIRC, yep that could have been a penalty and we didnt get a satisfacatory slow mo replay

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Welcome to the 2008/9 Champions League people.
whoa...a little pre-mature there, dont 'ya think ??

Bad performance, with the full team, Udinese totally owned us, they were treated harshly by the referees for not getting two deserved penalties. They were much more dangerous than us, they hit the post twice, and wonderful saves by Buffon, the man of the match!

Thanks to Buffon and the referees we got the 3 points that Udinese deserved!
agree with everything, although the penalties would be debatable....it took one individual play (Camo), and one of very few passes that was completed to bag the second goal (Iaquinta)

Pheeeeew , i almost broke the PC.
That was painfull to watch until Camo's goal. After that we played really well. Our stars were awful for bigger part of the match but their brilliance saved the day again.
Vatican, please, i think it's time to start thinking about recognizing Gigi as a saint after he dies.

Buffon - 9.00
This was perfect show from Buffon. Any other goalkeeper and we would have conceded minimum 3 goals, no questions asked. The save in the first half on Di Natale and the save he made after a shot from distance should make it to every goalkeeper compilation.

Zebina 6.50
Shaky and great at moments. Our best RB though, by far

Molinaro 5.00
Oh boy, this guy has no brains. He gave so many outs and corners when any other defender would have calmly dealed with the situation. He did make some good runs and crosses but he was mostly bad. He was falling all over the place and losing balls.

Chiellini 5.50
I didn't like what i've seen. He must be more calm than this. He gave at least 4 knockouts today and some of his reactions in the box weren't smart at all. Some refs could have given a penalty against us.
He was at the right place many times though and he made the decisive clearings.

Legrottaglie 5.50
He and Chiellini were badly owned in one or two situations. He wasn't better nor worse than Giorgio.

Nocerino 3.00
I noticed him only 3 times. Once when he got a yellow card, once when he made the most stupid pass of all times and once when he was substituted

Zanetti 6.00
Our best player in the first half and solid in the second. Did his job silently

Camoranesi 6.50
Not one of his best matches but we have so many more options with him on the field. We don't have to use the bloody long balls all the time.
And he scored a cracker. He's back :)

Nedved 6.50
Awful in the first half and solid in the second. Amazing assist for Iaquinta's goal. Good match overall by Neddy. Maybe even a 7.00 would be deserved

Del Piero 5.50
Lets be honest here, he was bad.
He lost a huge number of balls, he held the ball too much, he complicated all the time, he was slowing down our attacks and in despair he dived to get a penalty.
But he was still there and trying and suceeding once or twice. He assisted the first goal and it was pure magic what he did before he dived

Trez 5.00
Invisible

Palladino 6.50
We started playing much better with him on the pitcj

Iaquinta 7.00
First touch and goal. It was all tactics later

Sissoko - no rating

Ranieri 7.50
Great subs, he ? ;)
RUINeri a 7.5 ?? Yes, he FINALLY got the substitutions right (I was expecting him to replace Neddy with Palla.... it's only taken half the year for him to figure things out), BUT, how do explain the lack of ability this team shows when it comes to passing the ball ?? This team took over 50 minutes to string together 2 consecutive passes....that is fucking awful !!! It makes you wonder exactly what the fuck goes on in training

And lets not talk about the longballs, ALL of which never made it to their intended targets...just ask Trez

And RUINeri's continued reliance on Nocerino and Molinaro.....NEITHER of these guys belong on our team, or even Serie A for that matter. Nocerino has only gotten worse as the season goes on, and Molinaro....do I even need to get into that ??

We have survived on individual talent bailing us out, and not team cohesiveness....we'll only get so far with the way we are playing

We have a little less than half the season left, and its plenty of time for this team to crash and burn...because I dont see us getting any better, tbh

Every game, every week from here on in is going to be nothing less than a bitter battle to the final whistle to get any points, because I dont feel we are any better than ANY other Serie A team....most other teams have a much better team chemistry than we've shown

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Call it lucky or whatever you want but I call it excellent substitution and a team being more clinical than the other what brought the points.

All the decisions that Ranieri has been doing were horrible but bringing in an active player instead of a mummy in the shape of Nocerino did an impact. Camoranesi operating in the middle and leaving the flank for Palladino made a huge difference. Iaquinta finishing Udinese off and Sissoko shutting the field were expected and he heard our voices through the TV screens.

As for the Del Piero incident. That was by no means a penalty. It was a class dribbling at first, an excellent rush to the area but the Udinese defender did noting, he was standing still, both feet stable. Del Piero went to the defender's legs and this is not a penalty.

The Molinaro incident where he handed the ball could have been a penalty but the ball reached there after a 5-meter offside that was not called. This makes things even. I am satisfied.

My ratings:

Buffon 7.5: Excellent presence, definitely the MoM. After conceding the first goal he did wonders not to let any other ball in.

Zebina 6?: I am not sure.I would give him a 6 because he's back and it was his first game. Hopefully he will not get injured because he is the best RB we have. He adds to the team when he's on the field.

Legrottaglie 5.5: He was bad. I blame the goal we conceded on him. I think with Stendardo and Chiellini coming back, Legro will sit on the bench.

Chiellni 5.5: Was not any better today. But I can say that it is because he is back from injury. On another note, he has to watch his temper, he sometimes does dangerous things that might cost the team a lot.

Molinaro 4: Will this player ever learn how to pass or cross? he should not even sit on the bench.

Actually back on the Legrottaglie, Chiellini, Stendardo issue. I think we should go for a Zebina Legrottaglie Stendardo Chiellini back line from now on until we get De Ceglie back and move Chiellini to the center.

Camoranesi 6.5: Good to have him back. Shame he had to fill for Nocerino in the first half and that stopped him from going more forward. Good work in the second half o the side and in the middle.

Nocerino 4: Get him out of the starting line-up now. Not a single good pass. Ok, people will say he is not supposed to pass, he should cover for the defenders, well this means also that he shouldn't start because he didn't do his job covering for the defenders either. He was absent the whole time.

Zanetti 6: Our best player in the first half. When Camo moved to the center he did well covering the back line.

Nedved 6: Not his day but the assist was excellent.

Trezeguet 5: Invisible.

Del Pier 5.5: Not how we are used to him this season but he did some nice stuff up there. Especially after Camo's goal.

Iaquinta 6: Our saviour again.

Palladino 6.5: Worked really well and gave the team some energy when he came in.

Sissoko 6: Good job

Ranieri 6.5: He gets this rating only because of the substitutions he made, other than that he deserves a 1.5

Alex66

Jul 14, 2006
Trezeguet 3.0: Substitute Iaquinta did more in the first 10 seconds he was on the pitch than Trezeguet did for his 74 minutes. The prolific Frenchman was completely anonymous and must have touched the ball only a handful of times.
Are you serious?:disagree:

Sadly I saw only the first half of the game....so here are my ratings of the first 45 min.:

Buffon 7
Zebina 6- but was only one of the better players
Molinaro 5.5
Legrottaglie 5.5
Chiellini 4.5
Camoranesi 5.5
Nocerino 4 - he wasnt on the pitch, the kid shouldnt start from beginnig
Zanetti 6
Nedved 5.5
Del Piero 4 - had a bad half, poor performance
Trezeguet 5.5 - just because worked sometimes for the midfield and had no support

It was a horrible first half, we didnt have one shot on goal in the first half(and the higher ratings are only, because these players did not made so much errors).
But when I saw the final result, I was pleased about it. Hope that our game in the second half was an improvement.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Should we introduce Stendardo in the match against Roma tho? I have to say i would really like to see Chiellini-Leggro center back partnership in this one as they are Dom. Although that would leave us with Molinaro. Ha! watch Ranieri play Stendardo from the start then bench Chiellini so he can play molinaro and Nocerino. Honestly at this point it wouldn't suprise me. Having
Buffon back is such a huge boost. I was very worried about facing Potti's diving elite without him. As long as we have Gigi, we have a defense.

Gill_juve

May 29, 2006
whoa...a little pre-mature there, dont 'ya think ??

agree with everything, although the penalties would be debatable....it took one individual play (Camo), and one of very few passes that was completed to bag the second goal (Iaquinta)

RUINeri a 7.5 ?? Yes, he FINALLY got the substitutions right (I was expecting him to replace Neddy with Palla.... it's only taken half the year for him to figure things out), BUT, how do explain the lack of ability this team shows when it comes to passing the ball ?? This team took over 50 minutes to string together 2 consecutive passes....that is fucking awful !!! It makes you wonder exactly what the fuck goes on in training

And lets not talk about the longballs, ALL of which never made it to their intended targets...just ask Trez

And RUINeri's continued reliance on Nocerino and Molinaro.....NEITHER of these guys belong on our team, or even Serie A for that matter. Nocerino has only gotten worse as the season goes on, and Molinaro....do I even need to get into that ??

We have survived on individual talent bailing us out, and not team cohesiveness....we'll only get so far with the way we are playing

We have a little less than half the season left, and its plenty of time for this team to crash and burn...because I dont see us getting any better, tbh

Every game, every week from here on in is going to be nothing less than a bitter battle to the final whistle to get any points, because I dont feel we are any better than ANY other Serie A team....most other teams have a much better team chemistry than we've shown
you aren't Vincent DiMartino from 'American Chopper' by any chance?

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Are you serious?:disagree:

Sadly I saw only the first half of the game....so here are my ratings of the first 45 min.:

Buffon 7
Zebina 6- but was only one of the better players
Molinaro 5.5
Legrottaglie 5.5
Chiellini 4.5
Camoranesi 5.5
Nocerino 4 - he wasnt on the pitch, the kid shouldnt start from beginnig
Zanetti 6
Nedved 5.5
Del Piero 4 - had a bad half, poor performance
Trezeguet 5.5 - just because worked sometimes for the midfield and had no support

It was a horrible first half, we didnt have one shot on goal in the first half(and the higher ratings are only, because these players did not made so much errors).
But when I saw the final result, I was pleased about it. Hope that our game in the second half was an improvement.
I guess you didn`t notice...Those were just ratings from goal.com

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Here comes the million dollar question, who was sitting next to Coboli Gigli with a beard and black sunglasses?

ZAF3000

Feb 14, 2005
You guys are being harsh on Del Piero. In my opinion, he did not have a bad game at all. Never the less, far from being his best. he was everywhere and he was helping the midfield alot. yes he did lose the ball quite often but don't forget he assisted the first goal and started the second goals play (although 50% goes to nedved). He got us possession in many times and was creative in his passing.

Not our man of the match, but his presence was felt. And he was dangerous to Udinese who kept a very close eye on him and was not giving him space at all. He still managed to create.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Who was being harsh on Del Piero? I didn't read anything bad about him except that it wasn't his day. It is a normal thing for a football player.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)