Serie A: Udinese vs Juventus [Feb 10 , 2008] (77 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'd actually choose Alessandro over Molinaro. Both make mistakes now but Biri is still the better player IMO.
Man, if Molinaro was a RB then yes. But Biri on the left side makes no sense at all. Birindelli can hardly make a good cross from the right side and he'll be even more useless than Molinaro is at the left side.

If Molinaro has to go out then the only way for me would be 3-5-2, the same tactics Napoli use with 3 central defenders, two wingers (Nedved and Camo), two destroyers in the center and Tiago to be our Hamsik.

There is a risk in this because Udinese play 3-4-3 with 3 very fast attackers, especially Di Natale, and we'll be left with a man less at the back if we start with 3-5-2 but Napoli have shown us twice ( they've beaten Udinese 5:0 and 3:1 this season) that 3-5-2 works very well against Udine's 3-4-3

Edit: No need saying all this, though.
It will be 4-4-2 and we all know it

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Man, if Molinaro was a RB then yes. But Biri on the left side makes no sense at all. Birindelli can hardly make a good cross from the right side and he'll be even more useless than Molinaro is at the left side.
But Birindelli's best matches for us was when he played left-back, particulary against Depor where he scored an amazing strike to tie up the match. At least Birindelli won't make useless runs forward and give the ball away in simple situations. I mean anything is better than what I've seen from Molinaro.

And again, I will continue to rub this in. Balzaretti > Molinaro, as seen in Serie B and when he's played this season.

If Molinaro has to go out then the only way for me would be 3-5-2, the same tactics Napoli use with 3 central defenders, two wingers (Nedved and Camo), two destroyers in the center and Tiago to be our Hamsik.

There is a risk in this because Udinese play 3-4-3 with 3 very fast attackers, especially Di Natale, and we'll be left with a man less at the back if we start with 3-5-2 but Napoli have shown us twice ( they've beaten Udinese 5:0 and 3:1 this season) that 3-5-2 works very well against Udine's 3-4-3
I totally agree with this, Alen. It might be a gamble to field such a formation, but it's always a gamble anyway to field this straight 4-4-2 with no creativity and idea going forward with wingers who aren't real wingers.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
guys we all know that our brilliant CR will not play 3-5-2 formation or gonna play Birindelli as left back. It will always be 4-4-2 with molinaro as our left back......

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Something about Udinese and our past meetings

Full name : Udinese Calcio SpA
Nickname(s) : Bianconeri ("White-blacks"), Zebrette ("little zebras")
Founded : 1896
Ground : Stadio Friuli, Udine, Italy
Capacity : 41,652
Chairman : Franco Soldati
Head Coach : Pasquale Marino

Last 10 matches played

05.05.2002 Udinese-Juventus 0-2 Trezeguet 2, Del Piero 11
26.10.2002 Juventus-Udinese 1-0 Salas 49
09.03.2003 Udinese-Juventus 0-1 Trezeguet 84
09.11.2003 Juventus-Udinese 4-1 Di Vaio 79´ 89´, Miccoli 85, Trezeguet 90 / Jankulovski 66 (pen)
20.03.2004 Udinese-Juventus 0-0
03.10.2004 Udinese-Juventus 0-1 Zalayeta 60
13.02.2005 Juventus-Udinese 2-1 Ibrahimovic 1, Camoranesi 48 / Di Michele 90
21.09.2005 Udinese-Juventus 0-1 Vieira 37
05.02.2006 Juventus-Udinese 1-0 Del Piero 70
september 07 Juventus - Udinese 0-1

All official matches played

74 games played
48 Juventus wins
18 Draws
8 Udinese wins
151 goals scored for Juventus
59 goals scored for Udinese

Official matches played in Serie A

66 games played
45 Juventus wins
14 Draws
8 Udinese wins
142 goals scored for Juventus
56 goals scored for Udinese
:groan:

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I'd still play Molinaro instead of Birindelli. No matter how awful Molinaro is, Birindelli will be even worse playin as a LB.

Not counting that part......this is the best Juve line-up i've seen in looooooooooooong time. Now only for Chiellini to be back asap :xfinger:
Birindelli can play at left side Alen, he already did that before lots of times. He is no young anymore, but he harms left offensively than Molinaro.

btw, I like Jack's formation.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
That's how we should play

Buffon (If he's back)
Zebina Grygera Legrottaglie Birnidelli
Sissoko
Camoraneso Zanetti Nedved
Trezeguet Del Piero​
Nice formation, just not sure about Birindelli at LB

Edit: No need saying all this, though.
It will be 4-4-2 and we all know it
very true, I agree, we should try shots from outside the box from Nedved and Del Piero, cause if i'm not mistaken the keeper doesn't like shots from outside the box

If we lose and Fiorentina and Milan win, then we will only be a point clear, so this together with all the other bad performances lately will make the board think

I am going to see this match LIVE. Already booked my tickets. Hoping for a good weather.
enjoy it, hopefully you see a great match, who you going with?

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
enjoy it, hopefully you see a great match, who you going with?
Thanks. I´m going with my dad, cause none of my friends were interested.

Thanks. I will be aiming to catch some players. My targets are: Momo, Nedved, Camoranesi, Iaquinta and Trezegol. But I could work something out for you like a great close range Ale pic. :flirt: :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)