[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (76 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
How do you know how they felt? They played well because we let them. Some fairly poor performances are starting to creep into our game. Conte better cut the crap with this 3-5-2.
It's obvious if a team lost a massive game for them 3-0 with 2 penalties given away and 3 players sent off you'd be pretty damn pissed. It really doesn't take an Einstein to work that out, and with the benefit of hindsight it's even easier for me to say that.

But I agree that our performances are lacking the edge we had earlier on in the season.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
It's obvious if a team lost a massive game for them 3-0 with 2 penalties given away and 3 players sent off you'd be pretty damn pissed. It really doesn't take an Einstein to work that out, and with the benefit of hindsight it's even easier for me to say that.

But I agree that our performances are lacking the edge we had earlier on in the season.
No it would take more than Einstein. It would take someone capable of reading minds. They could just as easily have been demoralised by that previous game not to mention how weak they were on paper relative to us. I don't think Roma were too crash hot in that game we just stooped to their level that game as well.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
Melo, Gazzetta seem confused though.

Table says Juve first but the first article says:

La Juve rallenta a Udine: 0-0
Ma è prima con il Milan

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
No it would take more than Einstein. It would take someone capable of reading minds. They could just as easily have been demoralised by that previous game not to mention how weak they were on paper relative to us. I don't think Roma were too crash hot in that game we just stooped to their level that game as well.
But they didn't, they proved almost equal to us throughout the majority of the game with both teams having good opportunities to win it.
it wouldn't take an Einstein with the benefit of hindsight which is exactly why i said it, it's so easy to see how all over us they were in the first half despite us trying to go about our usual game, if they were really for the taking they would have simply rolled over and died.
It goes without saying that Italy during WC06 would have just as easily imploded and yet they gained a siege mentality, what's to say that Roma didn't create that mentality? Because it was all over their body language on the pitch with the amount of tackles they were throwing in and the pressure they were putting on

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Nothing determines who's a winter champion simply because there is NO such thing as a winter champion and that's why there are no rules about it. There isn't a rule if H2H or GD counts in the middle of the season. It's only clear that at the end of the season, H2H determines the position of the teams with equal number of points.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Oh, and who thinks we would have had a better result if we played this one in Sept like we were supposed to?
Absolutely, opening the stadium on the first game of the season was a massive boost for us, it was like the home nation playing the first game of the world cup, and that's exactly how I would describe that game, it had a certain vintage to it.

IceJuve

IceBreaker
Feb 16, 2005
We need to spend money on attacking flair. No doubt about it. We can't be fielding 11 coal-miners every game. We need a Picasso from time to time to create chances and inspire the rest.

But for now I'll be content with a CL spot, thus allowing us to lure players with said flair to the club. And we need to at least spend 40-50 mill. And if it generates success in the CL it will be worth it. Despite it being a gamble, we have to do it. And please no Diego's and Melo's. We need something concrete for that figure to help us overcome these stalemates. Put the games beyond doubt or scoring the odd goal when needed.

Any suggestions or wishlists?

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Nothing determines who's a winter champion simply because there is NO such thing as a winter champion and that's why there are no rules about it. There isn't a rule if H2H or GD counts in the middle of the season. It's only clear that at the end of the season, H2H determines the position of the teams with equal number of points.
Alen, because you're stats man, can you produce the table as it was at this point as of last season? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 76)