[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (74 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Getting one point against Roma and Udinese and you start crying? :lol:

Jeez, we finished 7th TWICE.
Absolutely lamentable games when you consider, I don't know, the actual games and not the bloody names of the opposition.

Roma, in shambles from suspensions/injuries/whatever, and prone for a raping of epic proportion. What did we do? Choke, flop and limp away with a draw that some proclaim a successful trip. That this is somehow one point gained, rather than two points lost, reflects a serious inferiority complex.

Udinese? All well and good that they have a superb home record and tight defence. It makes the formation, tactics and mindset prior to kickoff understandable. The actual game though? Had Conte opened his eyes and been a little proactive, adventurous or daring, we could have easily taken three points. Look at the first half. They had nothing. They were, throughout, a spent force after playing so much in a week. Today was a missed opportunity no matter how you look at it.

May 4, 2004
This game could've gone on for 24 hours and there wouldn't be a goal. Both teams defences played their hearts out. The sad thing is that both teams were scared of each other with their approach.
Not true.. Our defence was very good, while the reason for us not scoring is Matri and Pepe.. They really fucked up alot!

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
"Flunked" and "failed" is very harsh.

Sure, if you believe we are the main contenders for the scudetto and all that, I can see why you would think that.

But we're the first team to take points away from the Friuli this season and we were actually better than them. Could've won with some better finishing.

I'm not sweating over this result because I know that we aren't the best team in the league, and the best team always wins the league.

Instead, I'm looking over my shoulder, content with the draw, because there's 5 points down to 4th spot. We're in the top 3 by a pretty safe margin at the winter break :tup:
I'm not satisfied with CL. We don't quite have the team to do this yet, but with two good purchases this summer we could very well overtake Milans place as the best team in the league. A LB/CB and a Tevez-esque player this January and suddenly we overmatch Milan in every aspect.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
both sides of the coin have arguments with merit.

yes we knocked back a very aggressive Udinese team that has been on fire and impregnable at home, and yes we also had enough opportunity to win as well.

depends what you want to take from it.

confidence or disappointment.

Hustini or Cronios.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We need to always play Vucinic and Quag. First half we dominated midfield but that domination came to nothing as soon as any of our forwards touched the ball. We need more technique up forward and players who can shoot.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
We need a Tevez class forward. Damiao or Tevez or someone on that level Matri isn't good enough he showed that today. Boriello is even worse.

If we want to go to the next level we need a class forward. It was clear that DP improved our game today, just imagine Vucinic in this match. We need someone good as is Vucinic, Matri is just an above average striker that doesn't have any creativity.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Absolutely lamentable games when you consider, I don't know, the actual games and not the bloody names of the opposition.

Roma, in shambles from suspensions/injuries/whatever, and prone for a raping of epic proportion. What did we do? Choke, flop and limp away with a draw that some proclaim a successful trip. That this is somehow one point gained, rather than two points lost, reflects a serious inferiority complex.

Udinese? All well and good that they have a superb home record and tight defence. It makes the formation, tactics and mindset prior to kickoff understandable. The actual game though? Had Conte opened his eyes and been a little proactive, adventurous or daring, we could have easily taken three points. Look at the first half. They had nothing. They were, throughout, a spent force after playing so much in a week. Today was a missed opportunity no matter how you look at it.
To be honest I completely disagree with that.
Roma were not prone for a raping, Roma were raging and we were on the end of a serious backlash that night, it doesn't matter that they were missing some players because the team was full of rage, the same when we used to play Inter when we came back to A, like rabid dogs.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I'm not satisfied with CL. We don't quite have the team to do this yet, but with two good purchases this summer we could very well overtake Milans place as the best team in the league. A LB/CB and a Tevez-esque player this January and suddenly we overmatch Milan in every aspect.
Yes, but those are big if's. If we can get those players, then sure. But we don't have those players right now.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
Also we went for the win but we were aware of Udinese. It wasn't like we played for the draw we had more chances, but not enough clear ones and the ones that we had Matri screwed up.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yes, but those are big if's. If we can get those players, then sure. But we don't have those players right now.
We are co-leaders of the league as it is. I honestly believe that if Conte had a bit more balls we could have had perhaps 4 points more this season.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

You're a hard task master. It's very difficult to get to this stage unbeaten in Italy, there are banana skins everywhere. WWLWWL is obviously better than WDDWDD, for example, but losses killed our confidence in the last two seasons and us being unbeaten is a strong angle for us and creates doubt in the opposition. We just have to be better with our attacking game, and recently the personnel choices have been more pragmatic than earlier. Still, they were away games to Napoli, Roma and Udinese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 74)