[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (31 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
7 draws against teams like siena/cesena. 14 points lost from the draws. it might not "butthurt" us now, but it will later on in the season.
I don't disagree with you there. It pisses me off that we draw against those so-called teams but as the season went on Conte worked on that. Our last draw against a shitty team was Genoa.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Regardless, one can still analyse the performance today.
Exactly I don't know why people keep bringing up this 7th place shit, that was last season with totally diff coach, tactics, team and style of play. Conte said before this game we are going for the win and unfortunately, I didn't see any evidence of that esp in the 2nd half.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
What I noticed today is that Udinese really put pressure on our midfield trio and attack. And they did it exactly the way Roma did.

Could be that teams are starting to figure us out now.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
That's my opinion on it. Chiellini was ferocious, and apart from 1 blunder in the first half he dominated in defense. Marchisio did slip into Casper mode in the second half, but atleast he wasn't in that mode the entire game like Estigarribia or Matri.
Chiellini's passing was probably the worst it's been this season. Gave it away unpressured so many times and caused many counterattacks. He also committed 2 or 3 howler clearances. But he was dominant overall. I'd give 6 or 6.5 at most.

Marchisio was at least better than Pirlo. Certainly wasn't invisible - was on the ball a lot, carried it up the pitch, lots of one-twos. I'd give him a 6 or 6
That's after 19 rounds, Matilda.
WINTER, boy. WINTER. It was always about who finished top by the Xmas break.

And what does drawing with Genoa and Siena have to do with this game? Obviously those were points dropped, but this was a good result.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
You don't attack best defense with likes of Pepe and Esti.
pepe has been one of our most dangerous players this season and seems to be pivotal for conte´s gameplan. so him starting is pretty much always out of the question. i won´t argue on that. if people don´t like it: blame conte as you always do ^^
on esti i agree. obviously we would have increased our chances of scoring if we had started quag but the same goes for our chances of conceding...

this was a clash of two very disciplined teams full of running and with extremely hard workers all over the pitch... as i said: painful to watch but nobody wanted to concede first and probably lose the game.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
This game could've gone on for 24 hours and there wouldn't be a goal. Both teams defences played their hearts out. The sad thing is that both teams were scared of each other with their approach.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Chiellini's passing was probably the worst it's been this season. Gave it away unpressured so many times and caused many counterattacks. He also committed 2 or 3 howler clearances. But he was dominant overall. I'd give 6 or 6.5 at most.

Marchisio was at least better than Pirlo. Certainly wasn't invisible - was on the ball a lot, carried it up the pitch, lots of one-twos. I'd give him a 6 or 6
WINTER, boy. WINTER. It was always about who finished top by the Xmas break.
I did give him a higher grade than Pirlo though. Pirlo had a boarderline good first half, that's why I didn't rate him lower. Lets not forget that Marchisio squandered three chances to score. Anyways, his playing wasn't what was wrong with our team, he just didn't have his best day. The entire setup was fucked up, and that was visible pretty much from the first minute and on.

YasoR17

Mirkofan #1
Jul 4, 2008
Player marks:

Buffon: 7/10 - Was dominant, made a crucial stop in the first half after Chiellini's blunder. Super Gigi :touched:
Licht : 5/10 - Played out of position, "meh" is the best way to describe him. A rock defensively, but in no way did he meet the expectations offensively.
Barzagli: 7/10 - Solid as ever, surprisingly comfortable on the ball going forward
Bonucci: 7/10 - Solid as never, very smart decisions. I was impressed
Chiellini: 7.5/10 - Did great. Great perception, placement, tackling with ferocity and overall a great presence in the defense
Marchisio: 4.5/10 - Had a solid first half, but sadly went into Casper mode in the second. Not pleased with his performance at all, especially not with him not being able to hit the target from all the sweet positions he had
Pirlo: 4/10 - Like Marchisio, had a solid first half. Hardly did anything right in the second - I think he could do with some time on the bench
Vidal: 8/10 - Absolute monster in the middle, made life much easier for our defense.
Estigarribia: FLUNKED - Absolute shite all game
Pepe: FLUNKED
Matri: FLUNKED
Quags: Hard to give him a grade because of his limited time on the pitch, definitely brought something positive to our attacks
Del Piero: Same as Quags

Antonio Conte: Flunked & sent back to kindergarden. Horrible coaching for this match.
Nzoric: FLUNKED IN FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGE

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
No one called for his head. He just flunked todays test, that's all. Every coach fails at some point in his career - I Just hope he can learn from it.
"Flunked" and "failed" is very harsh.

Sure, if you believe we are the main contenders for the scudetto and all that, I can see why you would think that.

But we're the first team to take points away from the Friuli this season and we were actually better than them. Could've won with some better finishing.

I'm not sweating over this result because I know that we aren't the best team in the league, and the best team always wins the league.

Instead, I'm looking over my shoulder, content with the draw, because there's 5 points down to 4th spot. We're in the top 3 by a pretty safe margin at the winter break :tup:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
You are right. I misread "Sent back to kindergarden".

Some people are overreacting, that's all.

I would agree if this match was against Siena. Looks like we are spoilt again.
I agree that the proper perspective on the result is needed, but I cant help but feel we couldve gotten a lot more from today's game. Furthermore us being unable to get more from the game, showed us that we still have some work cut out for the team. Which might actually be a good thing to find out rather now than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)