[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (63 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In any case, with this match a very positive second part of 2011 ended. We achieved a lot, from being losers to becoming serie A leaders. We built our style, great atmosphere and 16 rounds were enough to see what needs to be improved. Now it's up to our owners and directors to help the coach and the players by giving them the needed players. Long 22 rounds are left and it will take a little to ruin what was built. Lets build on the base in January and end the season on a high.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
I actually think my view on this game is completely different to most comments here.

I think Conte had his tactics SPOT ON. Unfortunately, the key forward players all had possibly their worst games of the season. Pepe, Matri and Esti didn't do anything meaningful with the ball. Lots of bad choices by those players and poor passes etc....plenty of shots on goal, but mostly speculative and no real clear cut chances by either side.

At the end of the day, Juventus dominated possession (most of the time), had more shots on goal and conceded zero chances.

2 points could have easily been gained if a few more of the attacking players got their act together.....pity.
I agree that the tactics were pretty sound, but it's so Italian (fittingly to your username :D) to talk of tactics like this because today our main change in the plan was the fielding of Estigaribia, however he only effectively cancelled out the line up Udinese played and didn't provide us with an edge.

Towards the middle of second half when he became useless it was easy to see as Udinese were having a lot more control over the game and Quag and Del Piero should have came on much earlier to ask more questions.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Before the game, 1 point would have made my day! But seeing how bad Udinese where playing, and us having so many chances but fucking up right before we should score, I'm not happy with 1 point now!

Conte should know that playing Matri alone in top without Vucinic or someone els is not a solution. We should do everything we can to get a forward like Tevez!
Exactly! Udinese wasn't good tonight and we couldn't take advantage of that. It feels like a loss and it is one.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
Matri had a bad game....I fear his form is dipping after a very strong start. Perhaps the christmas break could completely change the form of a lot of the players....some for the better and others for the worse.

I hope Marotta can pounce on a good opportunity to re-enforce the squad. Don't forget we spent much less than expected.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah Udinese were there for the taking today. They looked flat and tired, this was like their 3rd game Ina very short period. I just cannot be pleased by the formation, mentality and the tactics (and Conte's subs) in the 2nd half.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
it´s really unbelievable how some people are reacting now... i agree that the game was painful to watch but wtf can you expect from a game where the best 2 defences in italy face each other?

and where is all this: "omg we might not win the scudetto by playing so crappy" coming from? before the season everybody was praying that we maybe manage to creep into the cl so until now we definately exceeded our expectations.. still unbeaten and already having played inter, napoli, udinese, lazio and roma away from home. we were the first team which was able to avoid conceding a goal away to udinese and pick up more points than all the other 7 teams before us combined in the process!
so don´t be so biased people... if you think our players are weak then stop calling for the fucking scudetto.

i don´t know which players i liked today besides vidal but i certainly didn´t like matri ^^
You don't attack best defense with likes of Pepe and Esti.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
In any case, with this match a very positive second part of 2011 ended. We achieved a lot, from being losers to becoming serie A leaders. We built our style, great atmosphere and 16 rounds were enough to see what needs to be improved. Now it's up to our owners and directors to help the coach and the players by giving them the needed players. Long 22 rounds are left and it will take a little to ruin what was built. Lets build on the base in January and end the season on a high.
Yes, solid foundations seem to have finally been built, after years of attempting to do so. Now's the chance to build upon it. Let's not waste the chance.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
:agree:

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Look at you kids getting carried away with your Scudetto hopes. Top 3 was always the aim, yet we're top of the table, unbeaten and got an excellent result that we would have surely accepted before the match - the only team to take points away from the Friuli so far.
Marchisio: 4.5/10 - Had a solid first half, but sadly went into Casper mode in the second. Not pleased with his performance at all, especially not with him not being able to hit the target from all the sweet positions he had

Antonio Conte: Flunked & sent back to kindergarden. Horrible coaching for this match.
:sergio:

You're definitely being unfair here. And Chiellini deserves lower as well.

---

WINTER CHAMPIONS! :star:

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I see why some people get worked up by drawing the likes of Catania and Chievo.

But, hey. We haven't drawed a shit team since 2-2 against Genoa. Getting one point against Roma and Udinese and you start crying? :lol:

Jeez, we finished 7th TWICE.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
I see why some people get worked up by drawing the likes of Catania and Chievo.

But, hey. We haven't drawed a shit team since 2-2 against Genoa. Getting one point against Roma and Udinese and you start crying? :lol:

Jeez, we finished 7th TWICE.
Regardless, one can still analyse the performance today.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Look at you kids getting carried away with your Scudetto hopes. Top 3 was always the aim, yet we're top of the table, unbeaten and got an excellent result that we would have surely accepted before the match - the only team to take points away from the Friuli so far. :sergio:

You're definitely being unfair here. And Chiellini deserves lower as well.
That's my opinion on it. Chiellini was ferocious, and apart from 1 blunder in the first half he dominated in defense. Marchisio did slip into Casper mode in the second half, but atleast he wasn't in that mode the entire game like Estigarribia or Matri.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)