[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (10 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

awit

Jan 10, 2010
I dont think Matri is to be blamed here,he worked his ass off,I mean he had Pepe,Vidal and Marchi were way back and did not support him, and Esti and Licht were pretty much defending wing backs,so basically Pepe was all he had,and that sucks. Conte again is very late when it came to subs,2 strikers made their defense more open,and had more room for the mid. I thought that the best chance came for Licht,had he controlled it better,or had that been Marchi there, I reckon we would have scored,Del Piero was again very classy,not a foot wrong tonight.

so negatives are:
Pepe
Pepe
and Conte with the 352

Positives:
We didnt lose
That's what people used to say about Amauri. Matri got the ball all the time and gave it away every single time.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
If Conte started and finished the game with a more positive starting lineup and formation we would have won this game. Simple.
Exactly. We gave this team WAY too much respect.

I'm fucking tired of not playing our game and trying to accomodate another team because we think they are good.

Play our own dawn game.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I actually think my view on this game is completely different to most comments here.

I think Conte had his tactics SPOT ON. Unfortunately, the key forward players all had possibly their worst games of the season. Pepe, Matri and Esti didn't do anything meaningful with the ball. Lots of bad choices by those players and poor passes etc....plenty of shots on goal, but mostly speculative and no real clear cut chances by either side.

At the end of the day, Juventus dominated possession (most of the time), had more shots on goal and conceded zero chances.

2 points could have easily been gained if a few more of the attacking players got their act together.....pity.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Positives:

Bonucci was actually intelligent today
Defense held up well, beautiful timing on the offside traps
Vidal just keeps performing

Negatives:

Conte approached this game with a provincial attitude, very similar to Del Neri. Simply using Esti as a condom for Basta the entire game is way too weak, we need to play our own game
Licht is a left back, and I think he proved that today. He shouldnt be a winger.
Idiotic choice of formation - goes back to the provincial mentality we showed today
Matri pretty much confirmed that we need a new ST, he has the ball control of a spastic child
Pepe should stay on the RW, preferably GTFO
Pirlo had a HORRIBLE second half, I can't believe how bad he was there.
We obviously came for 1 point, which isn't Juve-worthy.
Good post

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
I dont think Matri is to be blamed here,he worked his ass off,I mean he had Pepe,Vidal and Marchi were way back and did not support him, and Esti and Licht were pretty much defending wing backs,so basically Pepe was all he had,and that sucks. Conte again is very late when it came to subs,2 strikers made their defense more open,and had more room for the mid. I thought that the best chance came for Licht,had he controlled it better,or had that been Marchi there, I reckon we would have scored,Del Piero was again very classy,not a foot wrong tonight.

so negatives are:
Pepe
Pepe
and Conte with the 352

Positives:
We didnt lose
Matri is to blame, and even Pepe had a better game than him.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
First half ok, second half shit from a technical perspective. Tactically both teams set up to not concede and hoped to nick one.

I'll take the draw. We have to be happy with the season at the halfway stage. We are joint top and unbeaten, but more importantly we get out of difficult spots with something.
:agree:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
More than one reason we didnt get the win today. Poor individual performances, from Matri, Pepe, Vidal and Estegarribia. Poor offence, no bite, no punch and no technique. Asking our defensive line of three to play ball, whilst they cant. More than anything we were afraid to win this game.

We've grown a lot the past half year, but the spark we lack upfront on showcase today.
But no one wants Tevez. :lol:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
We probably should've switched the front pairing from today, with that of the Novara game. Matri would've finished the many chances on sunday, whilst we could've used some of the individual ability of Del Piero and Quagliarella today.

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Buffon 5.0. had nothing to do.

Licht 6.0 he was okay. Nothing spectacular.

Bonucci 6.5 he was not bad, and only made like 2-3 long balls.

Chiellini 7.0 was rock, as Usual,

Barzagli 8.0 Fucking good, I can't believe it still. MOTM

Pirlo 6.5 had very good passes and did good defensive work.

marchisio 6.5 some good chances but unlucky, i like his runs, very good for counter attacking.

Vidal 6.5 our midfield trio was really good.

Esti 5.5 awful first touch. Disappointing. i'd move him to LB.

Matri 5.0 the worst game in Juve jersey. He misses Mirko a lot. Was way too isolated. Does not deserved to get laid tonight.

Pepe 6.0 Had some good shots, overconfident. He can't play ss, he off ball movement is awful.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I actually think my view on this game is completely different to most comments here.

I think Conte had his tactics SPOT ON. Unfortunately, the key forward players all had possibly their worst games of the season. Pepe, Matri and Esti didn't do anything meaningful with the ball. Lots of bad choices by those players and poor passes etc....plenty of shots on goal, but mostly speculative and no real clear cut chances by either side.

At the end of the day, Juventus dominated possession (most of the time), had more shots on goal and conceded zero chances.

2 points could have easily been gained if a few more of the attacking players got their act together.....pity.
Likely to be cause these are players that are not capable of doing anything meaningful with the ball in the first place?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
First half ok, second half shit from a technical perspective. Tactically both teams set up to not concede and hoped to nick one.

I'll take the draw. We have to be happy with the season at the halfway stage. We are joint top and unbeaten, but more importantly we get out of difficult spots with something.
No doubt we can be proud of league position and our unbeaten start to the season. But I honestly feel we could have taken something from this game with a more positive and pro active mindset.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I don't think that we'll last till the end with our style, which is tough pressing and outrunning the opponent. It gave us result so far but as time goes on we won't be able to play the same game and then we'll need quality up front to win the games, the way Milan does. Milan waste twice less energy during the matches and despite playing on two fronts, I believe that they'll have more power in their legs come March-April. We better start praying that Mirko won't get another injury and we'll buy in January one more quality attacker/attacking winger, as well as a good CM. We'll need those players a lot if we want to win the scudetto and secure top 2.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

If we had scored one chance he would have been a mastermind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)