[Serie A] Udinese 0-0 JUVENTUS (21-Dec- 2011) (77 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't share your terror of Giaccherini playing, but I wouldn't go with Estigarribia - Matri - Pepe again as that lacked a lot away at Roma. Giaccherini when he is isolates a fullback is a real threat, as long as he gets the ball in rather than try to score. Elia is another option but it's a high profile game to throw him into cold.
:agree:

He is one of those live wires that are a pain and the ass to mark. He is agile & quick enough to beat his man in most cases, it's what he does after that he needs to focus on. He does well when he has space behind a fullback or defender, once into the space we need him to improve his service.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Wait, you would take out our best midfielder for what reason exactly?
Because the midfield will be insanely crowded in this game, hence Pirlo won't have the time to work his magic. Vidal and Marchisio both have enough creativity for something to blossom. Udine have arguably the most solid defense in the league so far, hence we should really have two forwards in this game, and Elia if we want to pierce their defense. I say field this formation, go balls out attack and try to bag two goals in the first half. In the second half take out Elia for Pazienza and lock the game.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
@nzoric
i´m not a big fan of taking out our most creative player when our second most creative one is injured :D.
marchisio, vidal, quag are good for a creative pass or two from time to time but they are nowhere near pirlos level.
but i like the idea of scoring two goals before half time ;)

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
@nzoric
i´m not a big fan of taking out our most creative player when our second most creative one is injured :D.
marchisio, vidal, quag are good for a creative pass or two from time to time but they are nowhere near pirlos level.
but i like the idea of scoring two goals before half time ;)
If we want to score alot of goals here, we need to roll with one forward. If you think either Marchisio or Vidal should be dropped for Pirlo in a two man midfield in this particular game, then suggest so. I just can't see Pirlo & Vidal / Marchisio functioning. Simply not enough meters covered

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Because the midfield will be insanely crowded in this game, hence Pirlo won't have the time to work his magic. Vidal and Marchisio both have enough creativity for something to blossom. Udine have arguably the most solid defense in the league so far, hence we should really have two forwards in this game, and Elia if we want to pierce their defense. I say field this formation, go balls out attack and try to bag two goals in the first half. In the second half take out Elia for Pazienza and lock the game.
Hmm, good point about being crowded in mid. I think Udinese will be pushing forward, all the more reason why we need Pirlo to make those key passes when Udinese have men forward. Perfect for counters.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Buffon
Licht-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini
Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio
Quag-Matri-Mirko/DP?​

I know it's pushing it without a hard worker like Giach/Pepe to support the 3 man mids, but I'd ask Marchisio to put in a bit more running to fill the gaps.

As pointed out Udinese's backline is doing excellent so far...with these top 3, we will have constant pressure, movement & creativity on those defenders. Besides, Benatia is suspended, correct? All the more reason to have more technical players in the attack.

We need to stop showing these teams respect and play our game. Our 433 has been consistent in providing results and we have our 3 starting mids ready, it would be foolish to fix something that aint broken.

You saw yesterday how hard Quag worked in support when needed, same goes to Matri. They have no problem putting in a few extra sprints to supprot and contain. We have more than enough on the bench to put in if and when they get tired.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Hmm, good point about being crowded in mid. I think Udinese will be pushing forward, all the more reason why we need Pirlo to make those key passes when Udinese have men forward. Perfect for counters.
Every formation has it's strenghts and weaknesses, I'm just afraid Pirlo will have a very dull afternoon if we put him in that midfield. And I am completely convinced that we need two forwards, if we are aiming for a victory.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
If we want to score alot of goals here, we need to roll with one forward. If you think either Marchisio or Vidal should be dropped for Pirlo in a two man midfield in this particular game, then suggest so. I just can't see Pirlo & Vidal / Marchisio functioning. Simply not enough meters covered
i definately won´t suggest to drop vidal/marchisio to play pirlo in a 424... i just think it´s best to stick to the 433 and i´m pretty sure conte thinks the same.
furthermore i don´t think the key to winning this game is scoring a lot of goals (of course you can win by doing that but it´s just not very likely to do so ;)), but to win by the odd goal with a solid defence. udinese got scored against 2 times in 7 games at home... them missing benatia will be helpful though :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Every formation has it's strenghts and weaknesses, I'm just afraid Pirlo will have a very dull afternoon if we put him in that midfield. And I am completely convinced that we need two forwards, if we are aiming for a victory.
I have 3 forwards in Matri-Quag-Mirko/DP...Pirlo is needed to give them service if space opens up. His vision is unparalleled in this universe.

Kasaki

Moggi's Assistant
Jun 1, 2010
That's it!
I think the only dilemma is whether we drop Bonnuci for PDC...
I'd play Bon Bon

Same trio of Midfielders, Pepe's hard working ass, Matri , and the Quag is debatable ...i'd like a hard working Giach to counter attact all dem strong ass africans on udinese

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 77)