Serie A Transfer of the year (1 Viewer)

Serie A Transfer of the year was?

• Antonio Cassano (Milan - 2.5m)

• Edinson Cavani (Napoli - loan+rights to buy for 17m)

• Hernanes (Lazio- 13.5m)

• Mark Van Bommel (Milan- free transfer)

• Miloš Krasić (Juventus- 15m)

• Robinho (Milan- 18m)

• Zlatan Ibrahimović (Milan - loan+rights to buy for 24m)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Powis

Dec 9, 2009
What about Cassano guys? 2.5 million for him! May his wages are very high or something? Yes, that deal with Ibra is really succesfull but i'm tryin to look at the financial side. When i look at it i easily can say they got a quality forward for pennys

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
van Bommel for me - getting Zlatan was money and title in the bank but in terms of decisiveness and exceeding expectations, all for free, it's the Boss imo

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
van Bommel for me - getting Zlatan was money and title in the bank but in terms of decisiveness and exceeding expectations, all for free, it's the Boss imo
How did you exceed expectations if the title was already decided by Zlatan? Van Bommel will be your joker for next season.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
How did you exceed expectations if the title was already decided by Zlatan? Van Bommel will be your joker for next season.
not team-wise, player-wise - Milan fans thought of van Bommel as a joke of a transfer but he was one of the decisive players for the scudetto, especially in the final part of the season - along with Silva, Seedorf and Pato - when Ibra was winning the race for dumb-ass of the season.

in choosing van Bommel, I am including decisiveness, surprise factor, price, etc.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
not team-wise, player-wise - Milan fans thought of van Bommel as a joke of a transfer but he was one of the decisive players for the scudetto, especially in the final part of the season - along with Silva, Seedorf and Pato - when Ibra was winning the race for dumb-ass of the season.

in choosing van Bommel, I am including decisiveness, surprise factor, price, etc.
I am not saying Van Bommel was not what you are saying but Sudetto impact, Zlatan stands out along with Thiago Silva. Actually in the first half of the season, Milan topped the table almost solely because of Zlatan and no doubt he became a jackass by the end but during the last games it was several players contributing, Silva, Pato, Van Bommel and above all Clarence.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I am not saying Van Bommel was not what you are saying but Sudetto impact, Zlatan stands out along with Thiago Silva. Actually in the first half of the season, Milan topped the table almost solely because of Zlatan and no doubt he became a jackass by the end but during the last games it was several players contributing, Silva, Pato, Van Bommel and above all Clarence.
I am not disagreeing with the above, it's just that my criteria for transfer of the season is the one where almost everybody thought of as a dumb move but turned out to be a stroke of a genius - in short, the surprise factor for me is key.

Zlatan's behavior in the final 1/4 of the season left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth when Inter cam to within 2 pts from Milan and that's exactly when Ibra played virtually no role for Milan other than test their resilience in 10 vs 11 games.

even without his antics, however, I'd still vote for MvB - again, that surprise factor :D

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I am not disagreeing with the above, it's just that my criteria for transfer of the season is the one where almost everybody thought of as a dumb move but turned out to be a stroke of a genius.
Here the majority praised Galliani for that transfer. Maybe "the grass is always greener on the other side..." factor, but I think not. Van Bommel is a well respected player worldwide, with confirmed quality. Maybe the Milan fans were sick of older players and that's why they were against it?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Here the majority praised Galliani for that transfer. Maybe "the grass is always greener on the other side..." factor, but I think not. Van Bommel is a well respected player worldwide, with confirmed quality. Maybe the Milan fans were sick of older players and that's why they were against it?
I always wanted Van Bommel at Juve, I wanted him instead of Vieira back then.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
yep, and not only Milan fans but indeed it must have had a lot to do with the age factor - the guy was almost 34 yo when Milan signed him and it reminded people too much of the Emerson transfer, I guess.

anyway, MvB has always been a player I wanted at Milan and was throwing tantrums when he left PSV for Barca on a Bosman 6 years ago :D ... he is rare breed of a destroyer, who doesn't shit his pants with the ball in his feet ... the guy you hate the most when on other teams, but adore when on yours :touched:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Hernanes was perhaps the single big player reason why Lazio went from relegation contender to CL contender in one season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)