[Serie A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (September 29, 2013) (15 Viewers)

Golazo

★ ★ ★
Sep 1, 2011
We concede the least amount of shot attempts in all of European football, let alone shots on goal. We have highest possession in Italy, highest pass completion%, highest shots on goal.

We have 5th most possession in all of Europe, more than Real Madrid who plays in Spain. We have 4th highest shots on goal per game in all of Europe.

We are not scraping by here.

The *slight* issue is we've been somewhat unlucky with converting chances, especially vs. FCK and Inter and Chievo. Today was the first real time where we didn't absolutely assault the opponent's goal. But at the same time, today we did not concede a shot. So there was an obvious choice to pull back.
Somewhat unlucky or not good enough to? I don't see where luck plays a role in converting chances into goals. You either do it or you don't.

I am well aware of most of those stats, although thank you for the reiteration. It is great that those all work in our favour, although I don't believe it necessarily reflects everything. Stats don't always do that.

I believe we should press more for the 1st goal and flex our attacking muscle. We need to do that in order to topple sides like Napoli, Inter, and those in CL.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Solid enough performance from Juve.

Stayed focused, didn't over-commit and got the goal.

Mind you, it would have been quite hard to over-commit given how negatively Torino played.

Feel a bit sorry for the Torino fans after that one, with their tactics reminding me of various Aberdeen-Celtic games. You show up feeling you've got a chance to put pressure on the superior team, and instead the coach plays in such a fashion that clearly suggests he is hoping for nothing more than to sneak a 0-0. While watching the game you just have a feeling that you are doing nothing more than waiting for your team to lose.

Torino are a cautious team at the best of times, but I thought they might at least have left someone else up with Cerci to allow themselves half a chance of retaining the ball and threatening on the break. Or perhaps had the odd five-minute burst in the game where they tried to press Juve and up the tempo. Or maybe even opened up and tried to attack as soon as they went behind instead of waiting until the final two minutes.

Anyway, jolly nice of Torino to not make Juve work too hard before their CL game.

Jun 13, 2007
Today Inter drew and they don't have the cl to worry about. The fact that we were able to get 3 points was very very important. I think people tend to really underestimate just how important they are until we stop getting them. We do need to improve though and I'm hoping this Wednesday we make that leap in performance.

- - - Updated - - -

Today Inter drew and they don't have the cl to worry about. The fact that we were able to get 3 points was very very important. I think people tend to really underestimate just how important they are until we stop getting them. We do need to improve though and I'm hoping this Wednesday we make that leap in performance.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Don't really understand the amount of negativity in this thread.

I defy anyone to play brilliant attacking football and make zillions of chances against a team playing like Torino did today.

Add in that Juve didn't want to waste energy and weren't playing Pirlo or Vucinic/Llorente, all of whom would be very useful in a game like that one.

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #489
    Don't really understand the amount of negativity in this thread.

I defy anyone to play brilliant attacking football and make zillions of chances against a team playing like Torino did today.

Add in that Juve didn't want to waste energy and weren't playing Pirlo or Vucinic/Llorente, all of whom would be very useful in a game like that one.
    It's the trend not this game alone.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
    Another 2 points given by the ref. So we got 4 points from ref mistake.
    I hope we can start winning cleanly from next game onwards.

We seriously not creating enough chances.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
    Mar 6, 2003
    That was one of the most boring games I've seen in a long while. There were literally no chances in the first half. How fvcked up is that?

Torino had no intention of playing football. Even after they went a goal down, they were comfortable sitting back and not bother doing $#@!.

Summary fo the game.

Ill not be so mad today because Torino for real didnt do a single thing.... they just... were there to prevent us scoring and almost suceed.
    Even after being a goal down and his coach trying to go with more oofensive subs... they just didnt wanted to attack.}

What a bunch of pussies.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind you, it would have been quite hard to over-commit given how negatively Torino played.

Feel a bit sorry for the Torino fans after that one
    , with their tactics reminding me of various Aberdeen-Celtic games. You show up feeling you've got a chance to put pressure on the superior team, and instead the coach plays in such a fashion that clearly suggests he is hoping for nothing more than to sneak a 0-0. While watching the game you just have a feeling that you are doing nothing more than waiting for your team to lose.

Torino are a cautious team at the best of times, but I thought they might at least have left someone else up with Cerci to allow themselves half a chance of retaining the ball and threatening on the break. Or perhaps had the odd five-minute burst in the game where they tried to press Juve and up the tempo. Or maybe even opened up and tried to attack as soon as they went behind instead of waiting until the final two minutes.

Anyway, jolly nice of Torino to not make Juve work too hard before their CL game.
    My sentiment exactly.

Theyw ere there just hoping for a 0-0 or a defeat. Again, bunch of pussies

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #496

How dare you

89man

Sep 4, 2013

I didn't see the match, what happend today?
    Lady luck seems to be shining on you this week guys.

Wise to rest Pirlo, even though he's probably not happy about it.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #498
    I didn't see the match, what happend today?
    Lady luck seems to be shining on you this week guys.

Wise to rest Pirlo, even though he's probably not happy about it.
    Tevez assisted the goal but he was in an offside position when he received the ball.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)