[Serie A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (September 29, 2013) (1 Viewer)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #462
    Well your question and your point in general is wrong. Remember Giovinco missing the sitter from about the 6 yard box? That was at the start of the 2nd half.

So no, we didn't test the keeper for the first time in the 83rd minute.
    Giovinco tickled the keeper with that shot, if you call that a test then I understand the level of football that you thrive for.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    And if the linesman raised his flag and called off the goal we would have just continued to press and try to score.

Since the linesman allowed the goal, we were then in the lead 1-0 and decided to shut the game down and rest our players.

Welcome to football.
    Under the assumption that we would score? Who is to say we would have? Maybe we tried to launch an attack and Torino sprung us on the counter? Should not try and make assumptions in football mate - that has a tendency to bite you in the arse.

Don't try and patronise we with "welcome to football". Low.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Giovinco tickled the keeper with that shot, if you call that a test then I understand the level of football that you thrive for.
    Well we did test him when we...umm...scored a goal?

- - - Updated - - -

Under the assumption that we would score? Who is to say we would have? Maybe we tried to launch an attack and Torino sprung us on the counter? Should not try and make assumptions in football mate - that has a tendency to bite you in the arse.

Don't try and patronise we with "welcome to football". Low.
    I didn't assume anything. You were upset with our performance because we sat on a lead. I said if the goal didn't count we would have continued to press on and *tried* to score.

The other team had no shots so obviously half of our performance was at its best capability, you know, the defensive half.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    That was one of the most boring games I've seen in a long while. There were literally no chances in the first half. How fvcked up is that?

Torino had no intention of playing football. Even after they went a goal down, they were comfortable sitting back and not bother doing shit.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    The way I look at it, we won, we got 3 points, we kept a clean sheet. Lets just be happy.

Save of all this negative shit for when we lose.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #467
    That was one of the most boring games I've seen in a long while. There were literally no chances in the first half. How fvcked up is that?

Torino had no intention of playing football. Even after they went a goal down, they were comfortable sitting back and not bother doing shit.
    It's not fucked up if you ask MikeM the football expert.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #469
    The way I look at it, we won, we got 3 points, we kept a clean sheet. Lets just be happy.

Save of all this negative shit for when we lose.
    Hopefully we won't lose but it is worrying to keep performing like this, how long before we get a loss?

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    I didn't assume anything. You were upset with our performance because we sat on a lead. I said if the goal didn't count we would have continued to press on and *tried* to score.

The other team had no shots so obviously half of our performance was at its best capability, you know, the defensive half.
    I'm actually very happy with our defense - always have been - apart from the 4 consecutive weeks we conceded the first goal. Although, that is because we haven't been pressing for the 1st goal ourselves.

My issue is our midfield and attack being able to fashion very few genuine chances regardless of the score. I'm unhappy at the fact that our 2 latest "wins" are due to incorrect officiating. We should be putting these sides away by more than 1 goal.

Anyway, we're both happy with a 5-1-0 start to the season, though we just have different expectations of what this side should be achieving.

"welcome to football" and ",you know, the defensive half" is patronising, though. We support the same team, remember? Try and at least keep it constructive.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    Answer me honestly, are we playing to our potential?
    If we had one game a year then no. I'd expect balls to the wall, 10 goals a game.

If we play every 3 days and have a CL game upcoming shortly, this performance today would be slightly under our potential. Our potential today was probably a 2-0 or 3-0 win taking everything into account, even resting and rotating.

We chose the easy way today which was to score a goal and then not concede a shot on net which should, in theory, help keep us energized enough to actually play to our potential against Gala.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    Answer me honestly, are we playing to our potential?
    I don't think any side hits their full potential, but simply, we are nowhere near it. That's the issue.

Conte has had the bulk of this squad for a while, some of whom are world class in their positions, so we should have high expectations.

I have no doubt we'll get there, although we still have plenty of work to do to improve and get past knockout of CL.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #474
    If we had one game a year then no. I'd expect balls to the wall, 10 goals a game.

If we play every 3 days and have a CL game upcoming shortly, this performance today would be slightly under our potential. Our potential today was probably a 2-0 or 3-0 win taking everything into account, even resting and rotating.

We chose the easy way today which was to score a goal and then not concede a shot on net which should, in theory, help keep us energized enough to actually play to our potential against Gala.
    I take from you we will play to our potential on Wednesday, until then I'll end this conversation and hopefully you are right. Because so far this season we have not a single time played to our potential but we are about to change that after 8 matches.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    we were then in the lead 1-0 and decided to shut the game down and rest our players.
    all those european teams la liga teams, epl teams, bayern etc, even galatasaray and kopenhagen must be very very very tired to death when they face us and let vucinic solo walk dribble to their goal and get us to win 90-0 due to them not able to even crawl on the pitch due to extreme fatigue because all of them always seem to run much more than us without resting 24/7 in their league.

so how isn't the reality like that?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    I don't think any side hits their full potential, but simply, we are nowhere near it. That's the issue.

Conte has had the bulk of this squad for a while, some of whom are world class in their positions, so we should have high expectations.

I have no doubt we'll get there, although we still have plenty of work to do to improve and get past knockout of CL.
    We concede the least amount of shot attempts in all of European football, let alone shots on goal. We have highest possession in Italy, highest pass completion%, highest shots on goal.

We have 5th most possession in all of Europe, more than Real Madrid who plays in Spain. We have 4th highest shots on goal per game in all of Europe.

We are not scraping by here.

The *slight* issue is we've been somewhat unlucky with converting chances, especially vs. FCK and Inter and Chievo. Today was the first real time where we didn't absolutely assault the opponent's goal. But at the same time, today we did not concede a shot. So there was an obvious choice to pull back.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
    May 27, 2009

This theory would make sense had we won against FCK.

Ramin

vBookie Champion
    Nov 18, 2003
    Immobile's challenge on Tevez deserved a red.

Asamoah was the worst Juve player today.

Without Pirlo, we really need to play with an attacking midfielder, with one forward. Pogba can't create from the deep mid position.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
    6 matches in 18 days. Our quality is surely to drop, and energy to be reserved.

We can't play like Inter and Roma with no other responsibilities other than Serie A, because we'd fall apart very early.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
    This theory would make sense had we won against FCK.
    FCK is a very rare occurrence where we hit posts, crossbars, miss breakaways and get stopped by the goalie on almost every occasion.

People are expecting a 100% winning percentage, I really cannot believe it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)