[Serie A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (September 29, 2013) (58 Viewers)

OP
JCK

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #422
    Torino could have at least one red card too. The guy who hit Marchi in the back and that shit Immobile for that sliding tacle on Tevez in the first half. And no, the ref was not biased against Torino.

Marchi was good. He stole a lot of balls today, made some nice touches upfront.
    He might have upped his game after the 70th minute but before that he was totally absent.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Winning whilst playing badly :cry:

I thought we were poor-average, in terms of what we can do. I wasn't expecting anything above average playing this team before a big CL game, but Torino had to play well to get us to raise our level, and they were atrocious. Home derby, they spent the first half stood in defense, passing the ball around their defensive third, and on the rare occasion they got a counter attack they spent it throwing themselves to the floor around our area so Cerci could get a free-kick. Second half they were even worse, they did absolutely nothing of note even after going behind, until the 89TH MINUTE when Cerci got the ball to feet and they pumped a few balls into the box.

We were hardly turning the screw, mostly percentage stuff which again eventually paid off thanks to luck, but that's so often the case if you get the ball into certain areas. The short set piece stuff was really horrible and my main gripe, especially considering each time we had all our big men in the box ready for the ball in. If it's not working, as it clearly wasn't, then just get the ball in. Giovinco has a dangerous delivery, and we needed to be direct.

Considering we have come off the back of playing three shit teams in the league just before a very hard spell (Galatasaray H, Milan H, Fiorentina A, Real Madrid A, Catania H, Parma A, Real Madrid H, Napoli H) and have 9 points to show whilst expending little energy I have to be happy with the table. The performances and tempo are being deliberately subdued, but it's a bad habit to get into for a run of games. I expect Galatasaray will be considerably more positive and give us a little more space than Serie A minnows, but it's a big game we must win now.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Marchisio should've seen red.
    Nah, you'd be hard pushed for a ref to even give a yellow for a flat and slow sliding tackle like that, and the Torino defender was clearly trying to get him in trouble. Giving a second yellow would have been even more laughable.

Besides, let's not pretend the ref wasn't completely avoiding decisions for both sides. Immobile on Tevez, Vives made two late tackles already on a yellow, Rodriguez was subbed off as he did the same in one half, and I thought Pogba also ran a risk on one occasion.

OP
    JCK

JCK

Biased
    JCK
    May 11, 2004
  • Thread Starter #430
    Winning whilst playing badly :cry:

I thought we were poor-average, in terms of what we can do. I wasn't expecting anything above average playing this team before a big CL game, but Torino had to play well to get us to raise our level, and they were atrocious. Home derby, they spent the first half stood in defense, passing the ball around their defensive third, and on the rare occasion they got a counter attack they spent it throwing themselves to the floor around our area so Cerci could get a free-kick. Second half they were even worse, they did absolutely nothing of note even after going behind, until the 89TH MINUTE when Cerci got the ball to feet and they pumped a few balls into the box.

We were hardly turning the screw, mostly percentage stuff which again eventually paid off thanks to luck, but that's so often the case if you get the ball into certain areas. The short set piece stuff was really horrible and my main gripe, especially considering each time we had all our big men in the box ready for the ball in. If it's not working, as it clearly wasn't, then just get the ball in. Giovinco has a dangerous delivery, and we needed to be direct.

Considering we have come off the back of playing three shit teams in the league just before a very hard spell (Galatasaray H, Milan H, Fiorentina A, Real Madrid A, Catania H, Parma A, Real Madrid H, Napoli H) and have 9 points to show whilst expending little energy I have to be happy with the table. The performances and tempo are being deliberately subdued, but it's a bad habit to get into for a run of games. I expect Galatasaray will be considerably more positive and give us a little more space than Serie A minnows, but it's a big game we must win now.
    I'll take your word that in October we will see a more mobile side even though I don't see any sign showing that we intend to up our game.

- - - Updated - - -

He deserves at least 5.5/6 rating. He was better than Vidal for sure.
    I gave him that grade and I think that he deserves it. Sue me.

Golazo

★ ★ ★
    Sep 1, 2011
    [video=dailymotion;x15br1w]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x15br1w_torino-juventus-0-1-claudio-zuliani-win_sport[/video]
    I laughed my arse off at the commentator saying "Po, po, po, po, po, poooo, pooooooo..." to the tune of Seven Nation Army.

Fucking ridiculous!

JuveJay

Senior Signor
    Mar 6, 2007
    Only Marchisio and Tevez did that today, and only on occasion. Having people break does make a big different for a centrally-biased approach, but like you say, not many willing runners.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    Clean sheet, 3 points. That's all that matters.
    If we played better, we'd have won 6 points instead of the petty three we won today. Read the rules. Or read some posts here. The post match comments make it clear that we lost 3 points today, just like the 6 pts we lost against Verona and Chievo. That's a total of 9 pts that we lost in 3 rounds.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 58)