[SERIE A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (7th/March/09) (3 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Mellberg

• Molinaro

• Giovinco

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Nedved

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, guys. Things are getting a little too personal. Cards coming out. Thread even closing if this crap doesn't cease.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
dont get carried away

he started our last 2 serie a games, and both times flattered to deceive.
both games subbed early which once again would have hirt his confidence, may i add once again out of position.

i havent seen a smile on his face in a while.....

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well, a win's a win....

I always try to find a positive way to look at games, so I'll say that we defended very well. I don't think Torino had a clear chane the whole game.

However, we are playing too negatively (and this is coming from someone who likes defensive football). Playing Poulsen, Marchisio and Salihamidzic is overkill on defence minded midfielders. One of them should have been left out for someone who would add more going forward (Tiago).

Yet again, there was far too big a gap between the forwards and the rest of the team. This means that the strikers will always be isolated and the team will lack cohesion.

Giovinco had to try and fill that gap, but failed to really impose himself on the game. The team looked better once Nedved came on. I doubt we would have won this game had Nedved not replaced Giovinco (asking Giovinco to be a one man link between defence and attack is asking too much of him at the moment).

I don't think Iaquinta and Amauri can play together and I don't rate Iaquinta as a starter. He is much better playing the super-sub role.

hntaha

Aug 28, 2005
I don't care how "silly" the goal is (despite the fact the ball miraculously happened to curl right through the defense onto chiellini's forehead without giving the keeper a proper angle to catch it...).

We were tied. Nedved came on, and directly contributed to a match winning goal. You tried, and for whatever reason are still trying, to claim that he "loses" us matches, ten minutes after this happened. Please do not ever take up directing or managing anything important on this planet. Ever.
It is funny how a successful free kick made u forget what a loser he is nowadays.

A free kick just makes us forget everything wrong he did today and has been doing for a while...

Go play Fifa Manager... U'll lose

v1rtu4l

Mar 4, 2008
And Salihamidzic offered exactly what that Giovinco didn't?
salihamdzic is not even considered a first team player.

for someone who is considered the heir to nedved (in this forum) or as a must-starter in front of nedved, he should do more, don't you think so ? creating two chances the whole game does not satisfy that you may play 90 minutes.

statistics show, that even the best teams do take at least 3 goal chances to score a goal.

here a little link on that based on the current german league
http://www.wahretabelle.de/wahretabelle/chancentod.php

it does really depend on the team, but that does not mean that a good team has to score every third chance ... good teams partially do compensate this ratio with creating more chances.

i can take the positives out of the game, that giovinco again got his hour of football and i hope it does go on like this. perhaps at the end of the season we will have done a slow transition to giovinco as starter on nedveds position.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)