[SERIE A] Torino 0-1 JUVENTUS (7th/March/09) (4 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Chiellini

• Mellberg

• Molinaro

• Giovinco

• Marchisio

• Poulsen

• Nedved

• Amauri

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #362
    Like I said before the match, doesn't matter if we win, the way we approached a derby before our CL decisive was terrible.

Only 3 players that are most likely to feature against Chelsea started today. And we used the resting tactic as if we have used David and Ale over 180+ min this week. If any players do need playing time to get into match fitness and the atmosphere, then there are no other players than Trezeguet and Del Piero.

Ranieri did such a terrible work today, I can't believe his subs nor the starting 11 of course.

Apart from the win, I loved how we celebrated towards our fans. Very emotional moment.

Buffon 6.5

Zebina 5
    Mellberg 7:star:
    Chiellini 7
    Molinaro 6.5

Poulsen 5
    Marchisio 6
    Salihamidzic 4
    Giovinco 5.5

Iaquinta 6.5
    Amaur 5

Ariuado 6.5
    Nedved 6.5
    Sissoko NR

Ranieri 4.5

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jan 30, 2008
    Marceℓℓo;1921622 said:
    I'll wait till the end of the season to judge Giovinco but right now I'd be happy to exchange him with Cassano.

He was weak,no excuses.
    How can you judge Gio when he has hardly feature this season please m8 don't make yourself look foolish.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I don't understand why do we discuss tonight's Nedved in a negative light. We would've never won the match without him. The moment he replaced Giovinco we started looking much better, we actually attacked, we got the needed set pieces, he assisted and we won. Prior to Nedved-Giovinco sub, we played at the same level as some Serie C2 team.
    Without Nedved i'm sure this match would've ended 0:0.

hntaha

Aug 28, 2005
    you can say it was a bad sub but do not disrespect a player that has given so much to this club.
    Not a bad sub, he should stop playing. I wish u remember what he really did in his 20 mins of play...

3 bad shots, 3 bad passes (that's just what I recall he did bad)...

And the assist was not during the gameplay but from a free kick instead, so not much credit to be given to him.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    Marceℓℓo;1921622 said:
    I'll wait till the end of the season to judge Giovinco but right now I'd be happy to exchange him with Cassano.

noooo way!

He was weak,no excuses.
    he is played out of position, he stated himself he doesnt like the LM postion as he has to defend.

he is clearly either a LW or a support striker if he were playing they i guarentee he would do much better. the kid is also low on confidence and ranieri is helping the cause i dont even think the kid has played 90 minutes in serie a not even sure if he has in coppa either.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    And Salihamidzic offered exactly what that Giovinco didn't?
    That's what totally made no sense to me about Ranieri's subs. Here's Sali on the pitch, having as much impact as if he was playing chess in the locker room. And instead of sending him back there, we pull Giovinco who is at least getting involved.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    I don't understand why do we discuss tonight's Nedved in a negative light. We would've never won the match without him. The moment he replaced Giovinco we started looking much better, we actually attacked, we got the needed set pieces, he assisted and we won. Prior to Nedved-Giovinco sub, we played at the same level as some Serie C2 team.
    Without Nedved i'm sure this match would've ended 0:0.
    Anybody could have taken that free kick like that.

Giovinco did similar things in the past but he did not receive such praise as everyone already has the mindset that he shouldn't play, just like Tiago. People are fooled with coaching decisions and probability events, so they can't think rationally. Nedved kicked the ball to create the goal but that doesn't mean he should play all the time.

Salvo

J
    Dec 17, 2007
    That's what totally made no sense to me about Ranieri's subs. Here's Sali on the pitch, having as much impact as if he was playing chess in the locker room. And instead of sending him back there, we pull Giovinco who is at least getting involved.
    :agree: i dont understand what goes through his head.

Marceℓℓo

Mar 16, 2007
    How can you judge Gio when he has hardly feature this season please m8 don't make yourself look foolish.
    What I have seen from Giovinco this season didn't convince me.I'm one of his biggest fans but what he offers is close to nothing.Especially today.And yes,I'm aware of the fact that he provided ~5 assists this season.How does that make me look foolish?Please explain.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Anybody could have taken that free kick like that.

Giovinco did similar things in the past but he did not receive such praise as everyone already has the mindset that he shouldn't play, just like Tiago. People are fooled with coaching decisions and probability events, so they can't think rationally. Nedved kicked the ball to create the goal but that doesn't mean he should play all the time.
    Gio did a free kick in the first half when Iaquintas header was bearly kept from going into the net.Nobody seems to see it.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    Lol, like if Pele played for us, I cannot blame him for maybe being: slow, weak, and old?

Do u even think before commenting?
    Apparently you don't follow my posts. Too bad.

I've been critical on Nedved playing all the time, too.

But what you're saying, today especially, is imbecilic to the highest degree.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
    Mar 29, 2006
    Its understandable to criticise nedved at times when he doesnt play to his ability but in all honestly hntaha did you even watch the match?

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
    Marceℓℓo;1921651 said:
    What I have seen from Giovinco this season didn't convince me.I'm one of his biggest fans but what he offers is close to nothing.Especially today.And yes,I'm aware of the fact that he provided ~5 assists this season.How does that make me look foolish?Please explain.
    You cannot judge a player on so little appearences thats what makes you look foolish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)