[Serie A] Spezia 1-4 Juventus [November 1st, 2020] (8 Viewers)

vote

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I couldn't watch, but knowing Juve played with 3 CMs (if McD actually played as a CM) is a relief.

Now he has to realize Chiesa on the left is not sustainable from a defensive pov. Just play Frabotta there while Sandro doesn't come back.

Preferrably, just move back to 433. The theory that an additional CB makes up for and frees both wings is not working.

Juve has good players, all it takes is to play them in their natural positions. Do that and the team should naturally rise above the others in Italy. Can't be rocket science
Are you seriously expecting an italian coach to play players on their natural positions? For real?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Mookieb10

Apr 5, 2018
As an aside, did anyone watch/listen to this game on espn+? They usually do a nice job, but the announcers were fucking awful. Everything from the color commentator pronouncing Spezia as if it rhymed with Chiesa (Spiesa) to both annoucers waffling on all game about how “nobody understands” the passive offside rule... it was absurd.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
As an aside, did anyone watch/listen to this game on espn+? They usually do a nice job, but the announcers were fucking awful. Everything from the color commentator pronouncing Spezia as if it rhymed with Chiesa (Spiesa) to both annoucers waffling on all game about how “nobody understands” the passive offside rule... it was absurd.
Also the fact that an equaliser against Juventus would be ‘etched into Spezia folklore’, GTFO, it was a deflected shot :lol:

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Definitely agree about the 3 in midfield. Our mids are, relatively speaking, pretty weak as a group and we don't have wide players that justify making the compromise either ala Robben and Ribery (Bayern played 2 mids in between them right? :rolleyes2:). If Arthur insists on only making 10 metre passes and Pirlo insists on playing him deep then he'd better have another friend close by to pass to. I like the 3 man mid. A winger jammed up on the sideline is more easily defended than a mid sneaking forward. It's less predictable and there's more space in a central position with a better angle on goal. All three of Marchisio, Vidal and Pogba were always really menacing, each taking their turn to run forward.

McKennie shows he's got that in him and Rabiot is like a freight train when he gets a run on. He's strong and skilful but christ, he's quick for a big boy. One of the reasons Spezia had so many opportunities (and the first goal) was Bentancur though. He wasn't nearly aggressive enough and Arthur hasn't learned to defend yet like Pjanic did for us.

Interesting how big a difference Ronny made. I'd say that says as much about Dybala as it does Ronny. Dybala wasn't attacking spaces enough, never seemed to get a good run on at the defense. His coming deep kind of confused the midfield setup a tad. Arthur crept further up the pitch when the GOAT came on. That improved things.

As for Chiesa. I don't see him playing on the left as an issue. He's very ambidextrous (so is Kulu for that matter). Great assist for Rabiot. I have a good feeling about him improving into something special from sheer determination if nothing else.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I try not to. Better to listen in Portuguese than to ESPN

gray

Apr 22, 2003
omg yes. They were complaining about Morata gaining an unfair advantage by being offside for the first passage of play even though he wasn't interfering with play.

The rule has been like this for ages and has nothing to do with the current controversy with VAR and armpit offsides. No idea why they chose this match to decide that the rule is poorly written/implemented.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
How they comment a goal? Better or worse than the Ololololololololololol spanish shit?
But I love that crazy Mexican crap. That's comedy theater.

Portuguese are known for generally being pretty reserved and quiet, and it reflects in their football announcers. When you are on a busy street with international tourists where Portuguese are present, you won't hear any Portuguese spoken. But you'll hear the loudmouths from Italy, Spain, England, etc. :lol:

Some here have described the Spaniards or Italians as Portuguese but with all of the negative qualities of Portuguese exaggerated and over-the-top. :D

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
UK coverage doesn't have big problems with pronunciation (not great but not bad), but they did spend ages talking about not understanding the offside rule, which was annoying after the 15th instance.

I get confused keeping up with the latest spin on rules and laws but it was pretty obvious after a couple of looks that the passive offside rule is still in use.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
But I love that crazy Mexican crap. That's comedy theater.

Portuguese are known for generally being pretty reserved and quiet, and it reflects in their football announcers. When you are on a busy street with international tourists where Portuguese are present, you won't hear any Portuguese spoken. But you'll hear the loudmouths from Italy, Spain, England, etc. :lol:

Some here have described the Spaniards or Italians as Portuguese but with all of the negative qualities of Portuguese exaggerated and over-the-top. :D
Then how the fuck are Brazilians the loudest and most annoying people on earth

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)