[SERIE A] Siena 0-1 JUVENTUS (18-Sep-2011) (7 Viewers)

Man of the match?

• Buffon

• Barzagli

• Grosso

• Vidal

• Pirlo

• Matri

Results are only viewable after voting.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Vidal should start next week with Pirlo, hopefully we see Elia and Krasic. Which we should, if we don't I will be a little worried.
Hard fought towards the end but 3 points, even this early is important when your rivals drop them.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Giaccherini should be sent back to Serie B, i am really fucking pissed that they paid 3 mills to get this piece of crap, one of the worst player to wear our shirt in the last 10 years and we had the likes of Boomsong and Almiron, garbage.

On the up side, we played like shit and still managed to get the 3 points which is a very good sign.

adriano_c

May 26, 2009
Giaccherini on the pitch is a severe reminder of how far we've fallen since '06. Him and Pepe both, actually. How are these two even playing professional football, for that matter, I wonder.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
Vidal should start Wednesday, he changed the game when he came on.

Class assist from Vucinic and good finish by Matri.

Our defence was solid.

Pepe, Marchisio and Giac were poor.
It was a good assist from Vucinic, nothing 'classy' about it. Agree with all other points.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
And it was a bad performance, but it was always going to be a hard game for Conte because Siena knows him so well. Expected a draw or a loss before the start of the season so nice result in the end. The next two games will be easier, and we can get a decent lead before some of our competition for top 3.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Both teams looked dead on their feet in the last 15 mins, midfield was pretty much nowhere and it was all to and fro. I don't like how we didn't create many chances before we got the goal, it's easy to look better when you have a lead. Also we give too much possession away in midfield. Even if Siena didn't commit many players to attack and were a bit toothless it was annoying.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Winning tight matches in the second half, particularly during the closing minutes, is the sign of champions. Until we see that, I will be unconvinced of our CL ambitions.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
We would have lost this match had it not been for our defense today. Lucky to score from one of only a few opportunities. I really don't like that we play around with the ball, passing it back because we're one goal up with 25 minutes left. I thought possession football was about keeping it in the opposition half and pressing forward.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Wednesday do not be surprised if you see Vidal and Elia and Krasic start.
We play midweek? :weee: I fully expect these to start and maybe even Quags next to Matri. I don't think Vucinic is fully fit. My worry is the Chiello injury, I hope he, Marchisio and Matri are all ok.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Wednesday do not be surprised if you see Vidal and Elia and Krasic start.
I reckon Krasic will definitely start, not sure about the other two, but they will definitely see more playing time than today. :tup:

--

Not a great performance today, we didn't quite up the tempo and our wingers don't really offer an awful lot offensively but atleast we didn't struggle as much defensively as we would've last year. I felt quite at ease throughout the game, even towards the end. Not the kind of lively performance we'd hoped for, but every away win is a good job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)