[Serie A] Sassuolo 3-3 JUVENTUS [July 15th, 2020] (2 Viewers)

vote?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IlCapitano

Dec 16, 2012
It is clear how our defense shaken after Rugani on.

I think Rugani on for playing time and showcase him for another team to buy

We lost control of the game in 2nd half just like that. Star subs in Dybala, Costa etc when looking for goals is not effective, make them playing in rush and careless manner

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk
I'm sorry what? We lost control in 2nd? Did you miss like 5 clear chances for them in the 1st half?

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
just looked at the table, not a defensive year in Serie A on the whole. Wonder if this is indicative of a change in the league style
Handball rule and Covid-19 played a significant part in this. This post-lockdown football is some of the stupidest shit I've ever seen in calcio, basically madness. It's not a coincidence.

Not sure if Sarri and the players are fully aware, but fans should be too - this is a different championship we are playing now. We can't play in our comfort zone and go through patches of games. It's one game at a time, get it right, like knock-out football. Maybe that's why we're so shit at it...lol.

We also seem to have problems in central defence that never end. De Ligt is clearly playing when he should be sat in the stands after surgery. Who knows how long Bonucci has been playing through that foot injury, his ass-tackles seemed to return in recent times when he was better before the lockdown. Chiellini coming in was earlier than expected - also doesn't say a lot for Rugani. Demiral still weeks away from being match fit, but no doubt he'll get thrown in early. Needs must.

Whether it will do any good or not I don't know, but the rule book has been ripped up a little bit. We've played some form teams in the last few games and really been found out at the back. After Milan teams can smell blood now and just go for us. Not all can do it like Atalanta or Sassuolo - these are the two teams that haven taken best to post-lockdown calcio, but we need to find a system to balance out the team. I had faith in Allegri doing that. Maybe they wouldn't have been typical 1-0s in this environment, but we would have won one of these last 3 games at least. I don't trust coaches who stick to a system even when the chips are down, you need an alternate plan. That is Arsenal-level coaching just trying to do the same thing and failing.

I have sympathy for Sarri in what he is working with at the moment, you can pick faults or issues with so many players, but it's still the job of the coach to hold things together.

I suppose at least the players showed some spirit to come away with a draw in that game rather than bottle it and lose 4-2 like in Milan. It seems like at best we're going to stumble over the finish line.

Just such random fucking football. Let's get this shit over with, roll on next season. I know CL is a completely different tournament in a normal season but it's just going to be more of this as far as Juve is concerned. It's attacking football and currently we suck at dealing with it.

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
Why is everyone losing their minds? We had a dip around Christmas and now another dip from this weird COVID situation, I mean Lazio and Inter dropped more points than us but somehow we're disgraceful despite being top of the table for most of the season. People banging on about rotation but look how that went the last couple of games. Before getting to Sarri it has to be said that Danilo, Ramsey, Rabiot have been poor signings and crucial players like Pjanic looking lost - that is basically all your midfield options if you say Matuid and Bernard under performed while Khedira is injured all season. For God's sake, do people expect to see champagne football from any Juventus lineup this season?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Why is everyone losing their minds? We had a dip around Christmas and now another dip from this weird COVID situation, I mean Lazio and Inter dropped more points than us but somehow we're disgraceful despite being top of the table for most of the season. People banging on about rotation but look how that went the last couple of games. Before getting to Sarri it has to be said that Danilo, Ramsey, Rabiot have been poor signings and crucial players like Pjanic looking lost - that is basically all your midfield options if you say Matuid and Bernard under performed while Khedira is injured all season. For God's sake, do people expect to see champagne football from any Juventus lineup this season?
Because WE ARE JUVENTUS!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
Bro we had 2 0 in two matches and almost lost both of them. 2 points from 9 being outplayed in all 3 matches, with our coach being out of his depth. Sarri is going to take his attacking style to the grave. I would ask sarri a question " after being up 2-0 against the 3rd most inform team after the covid break, did you really think that you would beat them 6-0 or 4-0 or something like that?"
Juve were pressing at 2 0 in Sasuolo 's half like they were down 2 0 not, Sasuolo.

rainhard

May 5, 2004
Bro we had 2 0 in two matches and almost lost both of them. 2 points from 9 being outplayed in all 3 matches, with our coach being out of his depth. Sarri is going to take his attacking style to the grave. I would ask sarri a question " after being up 2-0 against the 3rd most inform team after the covid break, did you really think that you would beat them 6-0 or 4-0 or something like that?"
Juve were pressing at 2 0 in Sasuolo 's half like they were down 2 0 not, Sasuolo.
If we have the players that can make it happen, 4-0 6-0 will happen

To bad we dont have that mental in our players. Atalanta players have that kind of mental because they are underdogs, black horse

For years with Allegri if we lead like that we will close the shop. Playing safe and get the 3 points, if we get another goal that is a plus

Sent from my RMX1921 using Tapatalk

JuelzSantana

Sep 28, 2017
The worry is that the team looks completely gassed. The midfield can’t keep the ball which makes the already gassed players chase more. Milan, Atalanta and Sassuolo just ran over us.That’s 3 games in a row so this will only get worse the next rounds.

We should consider ourselves extremely lucky IF we manage to hold on to this lead.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The worry is that the team looks completely gassed. The midfield can’t keep the ball which makes the already gassed players chase more.
But what's the answer? I think all we can do is stick it out, it's turned into a battle now. Fuck knows what our squad will look like by the time the CL starts.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
But what's the answer? I think all we can do is stick it out, it's turned into a battle now. Fuck knows what our squad will look like by the time the CL starts.
The answer is to manage the game and realise this is a mini tournament in the middle of an Italian summer. You can't play the same style of football as you would when playing once a week in October.

Let the ball do the work, not manic pressing and use the squad (in easier games).

When 2-0 up today and in particular during the second half v Milan the tactic should be sit back a bit, reduce the hap between defence, midfield and attack, stop going at full speed and spread the ball about.

We play the most brainless football at times.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
The worry is that the team looks completely gassed. The midfield can’t keep the ball which makes the already gassed players chase more. Milan, Atalanta and Sassuolo just ran over us.That’s 3 games in a row so this will only get worse the next rounds.

We should consider ourselves extremely lucky IF we manage to hold on to this lead.
That's because sarri instructs the mids and fullbacks to press high up the pitch in unwinnable situations. That usually works with bad to decent teams, but when you meet a above decent to good one, that can evede the press, then you end up with the cb's left out to dry.
And sarri expects this for 90' minutes regardless of score. He doesn't have a plan B.
His changes are like for like, and bar some kind of injury then a patern begins to appear like matuidi for rabiot or vice versa.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
Ugly football has been Juve's DNA for as long as I can remember (since mid 90s).
Absolutely, we should be used to this. I'm not that concerned about football but more on the mentality, we don't look interested, are not enthusiastic enough, there's no life in that squad. They need to just relax, spend some time together forget football for a few days have a keepy uppy or do some silly challenge. Sarri should join in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)