[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (29 Viewers)

LowLife

Jan 7, 2011
Bufffon 8.0 Saved the penalty, made no mistake.

Chiellini 8.0 When cloning is perfect I will order 4 of these.

Bonucci 4.0 No comment

Barzagli 7.0 Apart from penalty situation which he looked lost, overall awesome positioning.

Licht 7.5 Rock, did very good job in attack and defense, should have done better though when Vidal gave him the pass.

Vidal 5.0 Had good game overall but these mistakes cannot be afforded, penalty and the goal. He put us under pressure with the goal.

Marchisio 5.5 apart for a shot in first half, he was back to being casper, disappointing night :(

Pirlo 5.0 Careless, very disappointing at times.

Pepe 4.0 That is the real Pepe we all know. If you don't have players with good technique like Vuci, his hardworking means nothing. Wasted some chances.

Matri 6.0 Couldn't do any better with players around him.

Esti 5.0 He sucked big time.

SUBS:
Giach 6.0 had some good chances, alex would have scored all of these.
Quag 6.0 Desperate to score a goal, he really needs to score a goal in order to get the best out of him.
Elia 6.5 The best sub. Awesome through ball to Quag.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think it's that. I think we walked out onto the field today expecting this to be an easy match.

That all changed, of course, with Vidals error.
But we expected this to be an easy match because we are planning to take on Udinese in two matches. Go look at our results when Capello was our manager and notice how we dropped points or played horrible matches two or three matches ahead of our key games.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
Today it seemed like every ball was played poorly and every decision made by our players was the wrong one. Except Buffon of course. Even our goal, it came of a miss-hit. Nothing was working for us. The way we react to this match shows what this team can achieve. It's December, normally we start our slumps right about now. As some of you are saying, this indeed does feel like a loss. So let's see how we will react against Novara.

frick

Apr 4, 2010
That first goal totally messed up the whole team. How else can you explain Pirlo's frequent fuckups and Estigarribia's stage of fright symptoms?

Totti and Lamela fucked our shit up today.
The later amazingly escaped two yellow cards. Disgusting.
This is why we need Tevez.
YES!
Lamela was very lucky, the ref helped Roma get a point as well.
I hope the players chop that piece of shit in Turin.
I would have liked to see 2 forwards, not a fan of the 4-1-4-1 honestly.
4-4-2 won't work with Pepe.

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
It's so typical, this approach reminds me of Capello's style. He knows our most important game is against Udinese before the break and he is only preparing for that. This match was thought to be an easy one together with the Novara match on Sunday only to put the entire weight against Udinese. I agree with this block approach but sometimes it back fires, like today where we could have also lost.

The way we were taking the matches before our encounter with Napoli was perfect, one match at a time and bagging a win after another. We have moved a bit forward now and started planning for two or three games ahead. This is the way you approach titles but I don't think we are mature enough to do that.
If we win against Udinese I will be happy.

da_ledgeaun

The Juve Freak
Jun 2, 2007
I still am very annoyed,especially with Pirlo and Pepe,something like this at around 60th minute would have been worth a try
back 4 with Marchi-Pirlo-Vidal-Giac in the hole and Del Piero with Quag/Matri
Dp on for Pepe and Giac for Esti.. or with Pirlo off and Elia and Del piero with Matri/Quag

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
Erm, this is quite a difficult game to digest:
  • I think first it must be said that Roma until our goal were playing like rabid dogs, however we were making life far too easy for them as well thanks to an utterly shameful display from our midfield and bad passing from everyone on our team bar Buffon.

• I cannot say either that I didn't see this coming as this was a pivotal game in Roma's season whilst we were being pretty smug with ourselves, I'm just glad the goal came right at the beginning instead at the death because we'd have never upped the ante.

• Nevertheless we got a draw which I'm not exactly thrilled with because with a bit of solidarity we could have torn their defence apart.

• A bit of an issue on my mind right now is that we need to show some real guile on the winter market, otherwise a dip in form could see us plummet down the table if aspects of this game are anything to go by.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Ale on the wing? I dont think he's got the pace to play there tbh.
We would have converted to 4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. Those three in attack move around a lot. Del Piero could have still played in the middle, mostly as a playmaker.
Especially in the last 30 minutes when we had many counters, the system wasn't too important. We only needed someone who can convert the counter into something good (the way Elia did it for Quag's chance). Instead we had Giac slipping off the ball and losing at least 1 second to control the ball or Pepe fucking things up.

JuveA88

Oct 5, 2003
Was I the only one to notice that our set pieces cost us the game? I Think Roma had like 5 corners and besiddes the goal, they looked 10 times more dangerous than our, what was it... 15??? Also, I just knew at our last freekick that pirlo would make a high and long ball that noone wold reach... We must improve on set pieces

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
I am so pissed we missed sooo many chances. Grande Buffon for stoping the penalty.

Pirlo invisible. Pepe :sergio:

Thank you Chilli for getting us that point. We stopped playing after he scored simply put.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)