[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (17 Viewers)

Squall

Nov 3, 2007
I think that what we lacked most this game was our second line, i.e Vidal and Marchisio, supporting the attacks.
Our forwards lacked today, but we already had it and won thanks to our midfield, but we didn't have that as well tonight.
Barely had something tonight, really. Thank for Buffon.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
It's so typical, this approach reminds me of Capello's style. He knows our most important game is against Udinese before the break and he is only preparing for that. This match was thought to be an easy one together with the Novara match on Sunday only to put the entire weight against Udinese. I agree with this block approach but sometimes it back fires, like today where we could have also lost.

The way we were taking the matches before our encounter with Napoli was perfect, one match at a time and bagging a win after another. We have moved a bit forward now and started planning for two or three games ahead. This is the way you approach titles but I don't think we are mature enough to do that.

How do you know our approach changed?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
small reminder to all the complaining

we didnt had vucinic
del piero would have sucked hard considering 120 mins 4 days ago

so yea, we missed creativity up front

but seriously, stop underrating roma, at home, fucking motivated

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Which is exactly why we needed a different front 3...2 players like quag/Dp that can actually work on the ball and not just off of it.
Quag can't do that. We didn't need him at all. Matri is a much better finisher. We needed players to replace Esti and Pepe so Matri can get into chances.
First time this year when Matri didn't have a single chance, even though Juve had 3-4 good ones.

Just play Ale, Matri and Elia against Novara. We can turn back to Pepe in the attacking trio only after Mirko makes his come back.

May 22, 2007
That was a game we should have won. For the possession that Roma kept against us, they didn't really make much of it for the majority of the game and in the end there were some poor performances to let them have a goal and a penalty, without showing much end product. Every attack Juventus made was a lot more threatening than Roma, and there were some big chances for us. The team lacked the sharpness to punish them, the complacency in the first half was a real blow.

The midfield three were at close to their worst today. Marchisio didn't offer enough, Vidal's errors were obvious and Pirlo had a very casual performance. Roma did well to close down Pirlo and reduce his effectiveness for a long part of the game, constantly having someone close him down, but even when there was space he didn't put enough accuracy/pace into passes.

About replacing Mirko, I like Estigarribia as a player, but he doesn't directly replace Vucinic in this team. It needs someone with better close control and someone with enough flair to tap clever passes through the defense. Del Piero is an obvious player with those qualities, Giaccherini can do that quite well. It's hard to start either of those with 120 minutes in their legs though. I'm not glad that Vucinic is out for another two matches.

Man of the match is Barzagli or Buffon, don't mind which, both were by far my favourites tonight.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
Quag can't do that. We didn't need him at all. Matri is a much better finisher. We needed players to replace Esti and Pepe so Matri can get into chances.
First time this year when Matri didn't have a single chance, even though Juve had 3-4 good ones.

Just play Ale, Matri and Elia against Novara. We can turn back to Pepe in the attacking trio only after Mirko makes his come back.
Ale on the wing? I dont think he's got the pace to play there tbh.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Even when Mirko comes back, I don't think we should drop Elia for Pepe. We need threats from both sides.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
No Giach for Esti was the bad choice, both Elia and Alex should have come on.
yeah, give roma the midfield, then crumble under pressure, no way that would have worked

elia instead of giac on for esti would have worked

del piero 4 days after 120 mins aged 37, giving all that much ? cmon u know better

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
You could even sense the complacency by us fans assuming this would be an "easy win" and deluding ourselves that Roma were going to be pushovers because of their previous shit form. We need to realise whatever our form is, we are still Juventus, and most clubs even in their worst form will play 10000% against us because of our reputation. I feel our team (and coach) also thought we won the game before a ball was kicked and approached the game in the wrong manner. I want us to approach the Novara game with a totally different mindset, we need to take one game at a time.

This really was two points dropped today, we now need to win our next two games, can't drop any more points at this crucial stage of the season - just before the winter break.

Dissapointed.-

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I have a feeling that we are focusing on the match against Udinese from the way we played today.
I don't think it's that. I think we walked out onto the field today expecting this to be an easy match.

That all changed, of course, with Vidals error.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
You guys are giving too big importance to Roma's early goal. Even with that we had like 10 situations where we created or could create easy chances (before Giorgio scored) but Pepe and Esti couldn't do the required, even when it was a simple pass or when it should have been a stronger shot.
It's way too easy to see the main thing we missed - it was Vucinic. If we had Del Piero tonight we'd have won despite the nightmare performance of some of our midfielders.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)