[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (10 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Matri - 4 - poor, but really had no support, was forced out wide at times. missed Vuci.
Missed him badly.

I still can't get over Conte not realizing that Del Piero was needed way too much. Elia too. It had to be Elia and Del Piero for Pepe and Esti at most until 60th minute. I am sure we would have won. We just needed someone who can play the ball or hold possession up front :cry: With such a player we'd have won with a Marchisio or Vidal goal.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
We win, we lose, we win, we lose, we win, we lose. It doesn't matter how long we go undefeated, dropping points in these types of situations should be classified as a loss, and we won't win the Scudetto because of all these dropped points.
I don't think winning the scudetto was ever a possibility this season. Yes, Conte and the team has made us dream again. But I'll settle for that right now. Dreams. It's more than we've had for years. We're still undefeated, and I'm happy. As far as I'm concerned, this team is going to CL with a top 3 finish. It's vital that we achieve this goal.

Milan are getting Tevez in January ffs. And even if they don't, they're still the best team in the league.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Our worst match this season by far. And it has a lot to do with Vucinic's absence.

Conte lost us two points. Without Mirko we needed someone to hold the ball and make those smart passes and openings which allow our CMs, namely Marchisio to make his forward runs.
We didn't have such a player because Del Piero was stupidly used against Bologna and it cost us. Our attacking trio lost us the points. Not Vidal with his brainfarts nor it was Pirlo with his worst match in decade. It was the attacking trio and Conte's failure to notice the main problem and react adequately by putting DP to do what Totti was doing brilliantly for Roma.

We should be happy for the point (their penalty) and yet we should be really mad for losing two.
The whole starting front six were a disaster, lets be honest. Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Estigarribia, Matri, Pepe. They couldn't have won any game playing like they did tonight.

Vidal's mess up shouldn't be underestimated, games are always much harder when you go a goal down, we had to take too many risks and constantly got caught on the counter. Without that goal we could have settled into our game more and tired Roma down.

Still, to come away with a point here shows some character (from our defenders), we would have lost this before.

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Football isn't played on paper.

I was very irritated with those on the forum who yesterday claimed this was gonna be an easy game.
It could have been a very different game had Vidal hasn`t miss the ball on Roma`s goal

Anyway Ref was horrible handing Roma an unexistant penalty which Buffon saved brilliantly
Pirlo was bad and should have been subbed
Elia quite surprised me with his pass to Quag`s miss

We need a finisher as we cant rely on only 1 finisher in the entire squad
Elia should get more minutes of play if that is what he produces

Chiellini was very good IMO intercepted lots of balls +scored the equalizer
Buffon was WC today

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
We win, we lose, we win, we lose, we win, we lose. It doesn't matter how long we go undefeated, dropping points in these types of situations should be classified as a loss, and we won't win the Scudetto because of all these dropped points.
Straight on. By the time the match against Udinese is done, Milan would be laughing their way to top spot.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
I lost count how many times we have been conceded goals from Totti's quick set pieces!!! why juve never learn from that cunt?????

our team shattered psychologically since the moment we conceded such stupid goal early on... I reckon we would've won had we not conceded early on.
Too right the mother wrench is predictable.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This game was easier on papers than the Cesena game and Bologna.

Any top team would have scored at least 5 against this Roma. I'm disappointed and sad.

Our midfielders and forwards were awful, and Conte was weak with his subs and tactics. Playing Matri upfront alone against 4 Roma defenders made it too easy for them. Quag should have been brought earlier including Del Piero.

Sometimes you don't need the fast legs but brains, we lacked someone with a brain upfront tonight.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
our counter-attacks tonight were an absolute joke, amateur teams have better organization than this.

completely unacceptable.
we had miles of space to counter, and we missed simple passes every time or Pirlo slow counters down.Bonuccis long balls are soo frustrating.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
lets not forget its still rome plz.

i hope everyone noticed today how badly we need vucinic against a strong team, wich roma is despite had start and injuries, they were very motivated+fresher
del piero would have worked, but he played 120 minutes and this was allways gonna eb a physical game

giac, was doing much work on the sides, wich was good, we won so many balls, but him and chiellini at the same time, i lost count how many times a bad pass wasted possession when countering.
we need a creative player on the left.

pepe+other working player on the left simply cripples the creativity up front to much

having said this, considering the first half of the season (till game 19 of 38) we have only small teams left
all our deirect competition has a big game comming.

we should capitalise this the comming weeks, and considering its small teams, we need less worry on defence, so del piero and elia should get starts these weeks imo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)