[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (15 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
City definitely has a better mid, but I assume you're only taking under consideration central midfielders. Then yeah, we've got a great midfield. No great attacking mids or wingers however.

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
Nani plays on the wing, Hamsik plays as a front three, Silva plays as a front three, Nasri plays as a front three, Boateng plays as a front three, Ozil plays as a front three, Young plays on the wing.

Most of those are attacking players, all play ahead of the midfield.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
City definitely has a better mid, but I assume you're only taking under consideration central midfielders. Then yeah, we've got a great midfield. No great attacking mids or wingers however.
Yes.

In a 4-3-3 formation, our central midfield is amongst the best in Europe.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
:D

Anyway's let's leave this argument alone till season end.

I read Quag came out due to cramp against Bologna so he could start against Roma :xfinger:

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Look around Europe:

Manchester United - Carrick and Fletcher

Chelsea - Lampard, Ramires and Mikel

City - De Jong, Barry and Yaya

Arsenal - Song, Wilshire and Arteta

Not one of those teams has a better midfield than us.

Spain:

Real Madrid: Alonso, Kheideira/Diarra

Barcelona: Xavi,Fabregas and Iniesta

Forget the others neither are anywhere close, only Barcelona above have a better midfield trio.

Italy:

Napoli: Gargano, Inler, Dzemaili

Inter: Motta, Cambiasso, Alvarez

AC: Noccerino, Aquilani, Seedorf/Gattuso

You can only make a case for Napoli's midfield, everyone else on paper has not got a midfield that's anywhere near us.

I highlighted that I said on paper, granted footballs not played on paper but at the moment it's hard to deny we've got one of the best performing midfields in Europe.
To compare any pair, you need to first determine what parameter you are to compare, then you have to fix all other variables or else you would get it all wrong, like you did with this post.

We use a three man midfield because that's a system which suits our midfielders best so we may be having the best three man midfield among the teams who use three man midfield systems but there are no grounds to claim that we have a better midfield than Real or Manchester teams. According to you Pirlo - Marchisio - Vidal trio is better than Khedira - Xabi but you forget that our trio has to both defend and create while Khedira/Lass - Xabi due has mainly defensive duties while the creativity comes from Ozil/Di Maria/Kaka who you so conveniently refuse to consider.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Im cheering for real with a passion in that game. I want to see the barca bitches cry. That'll keep me satisfied until we play them next year in the CHL and woop their asses :)
Nah mate, I do despise barca a lot but I would never cheer for any team playing against them except of course Juve. Contrary to popular belief since I dislike barca so much it is believed I have feelings towards their rivals where in fact, I don't give a rat's ass if someone beats them or not. Their existence should be terminated and that's about it.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
To compare any pair, you need to first determine what parameter you are to compare, then you have to fix all other variables or else you would get it all wrong, like you did with this post.

We use a three man midfield because that's a system which suits our midfielders best so we may be having the best three man midfield among the teams who use three man midfield systems but there are no grounds to claim that we have a better midfield than Real or Manchester teams. According to you Pirlo - Marchisio - Vidal trio is better than Khedira - Xabi but you forget that our trio has to both defend and create while Khedira/Lass - Xabi due has mainly defensive duties while the creativity comes from Ozil/Di Maria/Kaka who you so conveniently refuse to consider.
City and Real both use 3 man midfield's no?

jussr

Jan 26, 2011
This Juventus has one big advantage. Superb midfield. Games are won there. Our midfield is easily good enough for a Champions league win. What we now need is a world class defense and a star in attack (+depth of course).

Hummels + Tevez. And baring no injuries (highly unlikely) CL win is not something impossible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)