[Serie A] Roma vs JUVENTUS (12th Dec. 2011) (25 Viewers)

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I am not the one making these stratospheric claims around here - I am just saying that Milan's midfield is being vastly underrated here because of a bad start to the season for the team, while Juve's is being overrated and not by a little.

It seems to me quite a few people will have a reality check as early as later into this season and especially next year should you guys make the CL.
Agreed. We're not 14 games into the season and some around here acting like we're shoe ins for the Scudetto. It's ridiculous.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
because of a bad start to the season for the team...
You keep underlying the bad start of the season.

While noone can doubt that it was indeed a bad start, I think that you're trying to make a point how that bad start has more to do with bad form, injuries and what not, but you're not mentioning what is, imo, the main reason for the bad start i.e the schedule.

In the opening 5 matches Milan played against Juve, Napoli, Lazio and Udinese (4 of the top 5 teams, with the 5th one being Milan). On those 4 matches Milan won only 2 of the 12 available points or better, they lost 10 of the total of 12 points that Milan lost so far. The other two points were lost against another good team, away to Fiorentina.

I think you get my point. It's not like Milan drastically improved. It's just that they had the tougher teams at the start and they lost pts to all of them.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
I am not the one making these stratospheric claims around here - I am just saying that Milan's midfield is being vastly underrated here because of a bad start to the season for the team, while Juve's is being overrated and not by a little.

It seems to me quite a few people will have a reality check as early as later into this season and especially next year should you guys make the CL.
100% agreed, especially considering the minor 2 point difference between Juve and Milan :D

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
100% agreed, especially considering the minor 2 point difference between Juve and Milan :D
Well there's a difference:

Our mid is the best in Italy, while they probably have the best attack. That's why the margin of point difference is close.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Well there's a difference:

Our mid is the best in Italy, while they probably have the best attack. That's why the margin of point difference is close.
True but even the best attackers can't win you games on their own without having a solid midfield behind them (see Aquilani's number of assists this season) so Milan's midfield isn't as bad as our fans think.

Besides, we have decent/good attackers but the difference between Milan/Udinese and us is still only 2 points. One should wonder why the second best midfield in the world can't guarantee a securer first place when working behind a decent set of attackers :p

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
It's not. What's ridiculous is underrating and underestimating our own team.
I'm taking it game by game. So far we have exceeded expectations but 13 games doesn't erase two seasons of failure.

You know there's a reason that some many of our players are intentionally avoiding talk of the scudetto.

RAVANELLI

it was all a dream
Jun 4, 2011
I'm taking it game by game. So far we have exceeded expectations but 13 games doesn't erase two seasons of failure.

You know there's a reason that some many of our players are intentionally avoiding talk of the scudetto.
This season is different. Can't you feel it?

As for avoiding talks of the Scudetto, is because they're just being superstitious (Conte), or being cautious not to bring up the hope of the fans and to avoid both the media and the fans putting pressure on them. We are not the only team who's cautious about trophy promises, it's only natural.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009

Milan's midfield is quite weak. Ambrosini, Seedord, Nocerino (I don't care how many flukey goals he scores), Aquigril (get's run over by children). Only Boatang is relatively good. It's your WC strikeforce that keeps you ticking over.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Yeah. Im looking forward to seeing what you guys will do when Boateng gets injured. He runs more than all the other midfielders combined.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
This is exactly what I referred to as the crap in Spain.
Im cheering for real with a passion in that game. I want to see the barca bitches cry. That'll keep me satisfied until we play them next year in the CHL and woop their asses :)

Nicholas

MIRKO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 30, 2008
@acmilan,

It's no coincidence that against all the top teams our midfield has dominated when all there.

Player for player there is few teams in Europe who have a better midfield.

It's not only Juve fans who are noticing it either, look around the forums of other teams in Europe who keep an eye on Serie A and they all say the same, we have a potentially great midfield and anyone who fails to see that is just biased.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
True but even the best attackers can't win you games on their own without having a solid midfield behind them (see Aquilani's number of assists this season) so Milan's midfield isn't as bad as our fans think.

Besides, we have decent/good attackers but the difference between Milan/Udinese and us is still only 2 points. One should wonder why the second best midfield in the world can't guarantee a securer first place when working behind a decent set of attackers :p
Against Catania, Bologna and Chievo we played with a two man midfield those three games we drew. In every game baring the Naples game where we have deployed the three, we've destroyed teams, and that includes the top teams in Italy aswell.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Against Catania, Bologna and Chievo we played with a two man midfield those three games we drew. In every game baring the Naples game where we have deployed the three, we've destroyed teams, and that includes the top teams in Italy aswell.
Also, Pirlo had a really off game as well. He conceded us a penalty kick and gave the ball away many times. If he was on his 'A' game that match, we would have done a lot better.

Nicholas

Jan 30, 2008
Look around Europe:

Manchester United - Carrick and Fletcher

Chelsea - Lampard, Ramires and Mikel

City - De Jong, Barry and Yaya

Arsenal - Song, Wilshire and Arteta

Not one of those teams has a better midfield than us.

Spain:

Real Madrid: Alonso, Kheideira/Diarra

Barcelona: Xavi,Fabregas and Iniesta

Forget the others neither are anywhere close, only Barcelona above have a better midfield trio.

Italy:

Napoli: Gargano, Inler, Dzemaili

Inter: Motta, Cambiasso, Alvarez

AC: Noccerino, Aquilani, Seedorf/Gattuso

You can only make a case for Napoli's midfield, everyone else on paper has not got a midfield that's anywhere near us.

I highlighted that I said on paper, granted footballs not played on paper but at the moment it's hard to deny we've got one of the best performing midfields in Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)