[Serie A] Roma - JUVENTUS (August 30th, 2015) (71 Viewers)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Roma have a great team. They're fast, compact and with enough players that know how to play football. Their summer purchases were top notch and they'll even give Barca a hard time in the group IMO. Salah, Džeko, Digne, Falque have made them a lot more formidable after last season. TBH, they kind of remind me of our team from the past two years.

That said, Mr. Allegri cost us this match. Playing Sturaro and Padoin, leaving Perreyra and Cuadrado on the bench...there's no excuses for this. Today's football is based on pace and opening up spaces. Perreyra and Cuadrado are exactly the type of players which were badly needed yesterday. Not only fast but actually know how to take on players one on one. I felt sorry for Pogba because he was absolutelly crippled with the two neanderthals playing beside him. I know we have injuries but the team fielded yesterday was worthy of a 8th placed finish in Serie A. Crap like that should never happen again.
First off, you're a blast from the past, aren't you? :D Welcome back!

Secondly, I think you're overrating Roma a bit. They did improve with their signings, but I'd still be very surprised if they finished above Juve, and I'd also be surprised if I see them doing well in the CL. I don't think too highly of their squad at all to be honest.

Buy on AliExpress.com

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

First off, you're a blast from the past, aren't you? :D Welcome back!

Secondly, I think you're overrating Roma a bit. They did improve with their signings, but I'd still be very surprised if they finished above Juve, and I'd also be surprised if I see them doing well in the CL. I don't think too highly of their squad at all to be honest.
Thanks! Good to see you're still here. :tup:

I don't know if I'm overrating them, maybe, but from what I've seen yesterday, they're gonna be real contenders. They still have a lot of new players and few games into them and when they gel better, I believe they're gonna be a formidable team. There'a a lot of talent there, maybe they'll fuck it up like they only know how to do, but I like their squad this year.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Thanks! Good to see you're still here. :tup:

I don't know if I'm overrating them, maybe, but from what I've seen yesterday, they're gonna be real contenders. They still have a lot of new players and few games into them and when they gel better, I believe they're gonna be a formidable team. There'a a lot of talent there, maybe they'll fuck it up like they only know how to do, but I like their squad this year.
I believe we helped them look so formidable... see last ten minutes when we started to attack them, they were in chaos...

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
I thought Roma looked average at best, I'm surprised with all the compliments they are getting, especially to see Buffon praise them...

They looked ok yesterday only because we were a shambles, I honestly think we would have lost yesterday against most serie a teams playing in the disjointed manner we did

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
[MENTION=16950] @Tanu_Mz.
Yes they played crappy last night but get 3 points.Also first leg they beat a 10 men Atalanta at 93 minute and get 3 points.That's why we played so well in these two legs and get 0 points.How many times we played crappy during these seasons and get points?I hate them utmost but that's it.And don't start that thing with refferies helping them.With that we look exactly like they used to comment on us and that was very low.
I am not whineing about the ref, it is a fact they have benefited from some pretty big mistakes which occurred in the dying moments of both games (exagerated red card vs Atalanta, throw in from which Jovetic scored should have gone to Atalanta; last night blatant penalty to Carpi not conceded and Miranda not red carded on last man/clear scoring opportunity for Carpi). I am just saying that their six points are not convincing at all, for a start they have not convinced their more open minded supporters. I think they are still a very mediocre team and once Jovetic will start having his usual fitness issues they will drop points.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
I am not whineing about the ref, it is a fact they have benefited from some pretty big mistakes which occurred in the dying moments of both games (exagerated red card vs Atalanta, throw in from which Jovetic scored should have gone to Atalanta; last night blatant penalty to Carpi not conceded and Miranda not red carded on last man/clear scoring opportunity for Carpi). I am just saying that their six points are not convincing at all, for a start they have not convinced their more open minded supporters. I think they are still a very mediocre team and once Jovetic will start having his usual fitness issues they will drop points.
Tanu_Mz and his sources. :rofl:

Tanu_Mz

Jan 5, 2014
RAMI¹⁰;5086019 said:
I believe we helped them look so formidable... see last ten minutes when we started to attack them, they were in chaos...
this. worst Juve of the last four years, down to 10 men, made them panic till the end. A half decent team should have beaten us 3 or 4 nil.

- - - Updated - - -

Tanu_Mz and his sources. :rofl:
what have my sources got to do with this? I watched the games on Sky

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012

Yes they are and Jovetic don't need to get injured in order they to drop points.I never rate him much since his Partizan Belgrade days.But as we are, they are also still on the beginning of the season,maybe they will become more compact and they have 6 points more than us just after two games.Fucking merda.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
this. worst Juve of the last four years, down to 10 men, made them panic till the end. A half decent team should have beaten us 3 or 4 nil.
People here on Tuz tend to overhype the opponents ...

- - - Updated - - -

RAMI¹⁰;5086083 said:
People here on Tuz tend to overhype the opponents ...
And Inter? they were a joke of a team last night :lol: even worse than us.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Well that was very weak from Juve.

Was reminiscent of the Bayern games at times with Juve getting pushed back by an aggressive press an not being able to find an answer to it.

Juve's central defenders did well to keep the game alive for as long as they did, but there are limits as to how long you can keep defending when you are being slaughtered in midfield.

I find it extraordinary, as I did when Juve played Bayern, that Juve persisted with try to play the ball out from the back and through midfield. When you are under pressure and you have a player like Mandzukic as centre-forward, you've got to play longer and look for him to hold the ball up and let the team get up the pitch and into a position where they can start to play. Even Dybala is strong enough to retain the ball a reasonable amount of the time, but Juve didn't use him either.

Sturaro and Padoin did as much as I'd expect of them in as much as they prevented Roma really penetrating through the middle, but I won't blame them for not being able to play out under the pressure Roma were putting Juve under.

I will blame Pogba for not doing better in that regard, though.

I'm sure people will be going after the 3-5-2 after that and they won't be completely wrong, but I think there was a bigger problem in mentality and style of play than there was with the system.

Good game from Roma.

There were hints of Conte's Juve's first game against Milan (two late goals from Marchisio) in the way they really went after a vulnerable side and absolutely dominated.

Juve were able to maintain their intensity through a lot of that season.

It'll be interesting to see if Roma can play with that intensity on a regular basis as not many teams will be able to handle them if they do.

JuveOP

Aug 26, 2015
havent been this forum for 2 days and rofl at Tuz meltdown :rofl: dont worry guys its just a beginning of the season and we actually didnt show our real best 11 yet :p

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What a garbage display :sergio: Flop of the match is Allegri to me. Sticking to the 352 was to go 'the safer way' as he most probably thought but he forgot the key players that made it work already left.

The setup was too defensive. With time Roma were more and more comfortable because we didn't create jack shit until we conceded the first goal. I can understand Morata starting from the bench as he was injured recently but leaving Pereyra on the bench was a crime. We were so slow and predictable we couldn't string a couple of passes together which allowed Roma to get close to 70% possession at times. It was a proof of that it wasn't smart to give away the midfield to Roma as they got too much of it. With Pereyra instead of a defender the battle in the middle would make it much harder for them.

Allegri is partly absolved because of injuries but his gameplan was garbage and what would be called 'pussy tactics' in Conte's era. Until the moment we conceded we looked like amateurs out there. This performance in unacceptable for me.

The only bright spots were Dybala and Pereyra to me. Pogba again wanted to do too much but in all honesty there was nobody else to even try it. Dybala is a fantastic prospect but he's no Tevez yet that's for sure.

The 352 has to go and hopefully for good. It doesn't guarantee anything any more as we've lost out 3 WC clutch players that actually made it work before. Now we have better depth but the team is inferior due to lack true leaders in offence that Tevez and Pirlo were in previous years. We have to play more as a team now instead of relying on individual brilliance like we did before.

Luckily there's a light in tunnel though: we were down to 10 men and were trailing 0-2 and we woke up to fight back. We almost made it which showed there's still character and quality in this team. It showed off Roma's weak back line too, it's just a pity Allegri never attempted to exploit that.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What a garbage display :sergio: Flop of the match is Allegri to me. Sticking to the 352 was to go 'the safer way' as he most probably thought but he forgot the key players that made it work already left.

The setup was too defensive. With time Roma were more and more comfortable because we didn't create jack $#@! until we conceded the first goal. I can understand Morata starting from the bench as he was injured recently but leaving Pereyra on the bench was a crime. We were so slow and predictable we couldn't string a couple of passes together which allowed Roma to get close to 70% possession at times. It was a proof of that it wasn't smart to give away the midfield to Roma as they got too much of it. With Pereyra instead of a defender the battle in the middle would make it much harder for them.

Allegri is partly absolved because of injuries but his gameplan was garbage and what would be called 'pussy tactics' in Conte's era. Until the moment we conceded we looked like amateurs out there. This performance in unacceptable for me.

The only bright spots were Dybala and Pereyra to me. Pogba again wanted to do too much but in all honesty there was nobody else to even try it. Dybala is a fantastic prospect but he's no Tevez yet that's for sure.

The 352 has to go and hopefully for good. It doesn't guarantee anything any more as we've lost out 3 WC clutch players that actually made it work before. Now we have better depth but the team is inferior due to lack true leaders in offence that Tevez and Pirlo were in previous years. We have to play more as a team now instead of relying on individual brilliance like we did before.

Luckily there's a light in tunnel though: we were down to 10 men and were trailing 0-2 and we woke up to fight back. We almost made it which showed there's still character and quality in this team. It showed off Roma's weak back line too, it's just a pity Allegri never attempted to exploit that.
spot on in everything you 2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 71)