[Serie A] Roma - JUVENTUS (August 30th, 2015) (62 Viewers)

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
Allright here goes:

Why was Alex Sandro not playing?
Why was pereyra not playing from the start?
Why 3-5-2 when you could field pereyra as AM and play 4-3-1-2?
Why didnt de rossi get a red card for that tackle with both legs?
Why didn't pogba jump when he was in the wall at the freekick?
Why hasn't beppe spent more money in order to build a complete squad?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Collaguazo

Pezuña Brava
Mar 4, 2012
This is really sad.

Forget about the result. Forget about the fact that the last 4 minutes were our best moments of the match. Forget that we have 0 points from the first 2 matches. Forget how this will affect our mentality. Forget that we were outplayed and were lucky to lose this match 2-1.

What worries me most is that the players know that something is seriously wrong with this team this year. Did you see how angry they were with each other? Did you see Pogba's reaction when he almost received his second yellow? Or whenever someone made a mistake? Our attitude was more worrying than the result IMO. It's like we're missing that guy who could lead us up front. No reference point and so many new faces all over the pitch.

This win will allow Roma to believe they can actually win the Scudetto this season. Last year we just kept winning and killed any momentum and self belief they wanted to have. This season is going to be the same, only vice-versa.
3-5-2 will do that to you. Worse than being trapped in an anechoic chamber.

Madness and hallucinations

mondo1

May 14, 2006
The First time I am glad it's international break... We have some serious issues. Hope most players will be back and the new players get in. Don't judge the team just now but we clearly Have a lot of work to do. And we need a good run now

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I was going to bitch and moan but when I saw glimpses of a team; i decided not to and instead look to the future. We were terrible and got out muscled for most of the match and even after going one goal down we continued to play like pussies. Allegri wants a basic formation in order to let the new players adapt but 3-5-2 is not the answer because with it we are forced to play too many players who have no work to be in the squad. Intead he should go for a 4-4-2 where we have enough elements to at least create some chances and threaten. And we saw that today, such a shame Evra had to be stupid to get himself sent out.

Buffon 6.5

Caceres 6
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 5
Sturaro 4
Padoin 4
Pogba 6
Evra 4

Dybala 6.5
Mandzukic 5.5

Pereyra 6.5
Cuadrado 6
Morata 6

Next match please

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Cuadrado Pogba Marchisio Pereyra
Dybala Morata​

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
I was going to bitch and moan but when I saw glimpses of a team; i decided not to and instead look to the future. We were terrible and got out muscled for most of the match and even after going one goal down we continued to play like pussies. Allegri wants a basic formation in order to let the new players adapt but 3-5-2 is not the answer because with it we are forced to play too many players who have no work to be in the squad. Intead he should go for a 4-4-2 where we have enough elements to at least create some chances and threaten. And we saw that today, such a shame Evra had to be stupid to get himself sent out.

Buffon 6.5

Caceres 6
Bonucci 6.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 5
Sturaro 4
Padoin 4
Pogba 6
Evra 4

Dybala 6.5
Mandzukic 5.5

Pereyra 6.5
Cuadrado 6
Morata 6

Next match please

Buffon
Lichtsteiner Bonucci Chiellini Alex Sandro
Cuadrado Pogba Marchisio Pereyra
Dybala Morata​
lol @ Pogba's 6.

DeviAngel

Oct 3, 2014
can't wait for the international break. Marchisio being back, Alex Sandro to play at LB and one of Asamoah/Khedira in the first team. 4-?-? is needed 3-5-2 is not possible with these players.

catch22

Aug 23, 2015
I really am not fan of Mandzukic. I believe he lacks the technical skills to be a starting striker for a title contender. I would like to see Dybala and Morata next game

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
This is really sad.

Forget about the result. Forget about the fact that the last 4 minutes were our best moments of the match. Forget that we have 0 points from the first 2 matches. Forget how this will affect our mentality. Forget that we were outplayed and were lucky to lose this match 2-1.

What worries me most is that the players know that something is seriously wrong with this team this year. Did you see how angry they were with each other? Did you see Pogba's reaction when he almost received his second yellow? Or whenever someone made a mistake? Our attitude was more worrying than the result IMO. It's like we're missing that guy who could lead us up front. No reference point and so many new faces all over the pitch.

This win will allow Roma to believe they can actually win the Scudetto this season. Last year we just kept winning and killed any momentum and self belief they wanted to have. This season is going to be the same, only vice-versa.
Dude, these are professional footballers -- most of whom have won championships before. They're pissed because they know they haven't figured themselves out yet and are clearly underachieving until they do. That's good and natural. If I were in their shoes, I too would be pissed -- at myself, at my teammates, etc. A little of that is natural and good.

As professional footballers, they're not as weak-kneed as fickle fans on the forums here. Some have had to overcome long injury recoveries, years under Ferrara and Ranieri, etc. They know the long road it takes and don't give up after a couple of crap matches.

I'm not nearly as worried as you. But if you think Juve winning another scudetto and getting out of the CL group is automatic, I'd be terrified... because neither are probably happening this season.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
It's not Pogba's fault. Sturaro and Padoin are too defensively oriented and limited skillwise that it becomes too easy to contain him.
:agree: hopefully he gets better when Marchisio returns. But even when he had space to move the ball, he did not make many good decisions

eringi

Jul 15, 2002
I think we will be fine. You can't really dismiss the injuries. If we had our first 11 we would have had more initiative and this wouldn't be the result. We'll be fine guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 62)