[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (50 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Most people here speak english and either indonesian or french
there are quite a few aussies that speak another language. well if they have a non english speaking backround.

like most arabic speaking parents teach their children as do greeks,maltese filipino's and most asian speaking countries here.

italians that speak italian is more rare though.

i dont no many people that have italian parents that can speak it.

Joemus i have not met anyone that speaks french here and not many indonesian either.
Hmmm.. but if you'd compare it to Europeans that's a poor record. Almost all Europeans speak English. Are you obliged to learn a second language in school or anything?

It's fascinating stuff because I've experienced that a lot of native English speakers have problems learning a new language. The Australians I know can't speak three words in Italian after a year in Italy. And they're intelligent.

One of the things that is very difficult for them is getting the accent right. And I understand that one of the factors might be that if you don't hear enough languages when you are young, you seem to become unable to hear the difference.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Hmmm.. but if you'd compare it to Europeans that's a poor record. Almost all Europeans speak English. Are you obliged to learn a second language in school or anything?

It's fascinating stuff because I've experienced that a lot of native English speakers have problems learning a new language. The Australians I know can't speak three words in Italian after a year in Italy. And they're intelligent.

One of the things that is very difficult for them is getting the accent right. And I understand that one of the factors might be that if you don't hear enough languages when you are young, you seem to become unable to hear the difference.
hold on yes we do learn other languages in school. what the language is changes between school to school.

yes there would be more europeans that speak 2 languages then aussies as well as any other english speaking nation. as in reality english is the language of the world.

but i think we should learn 2 languages, its a great thing to be able to speak two languages.

i personally do and have been told by many i dont even have an accent. i first learnt italian when i went to italy when i was 9 before that i could only really udnerstand most of it as my dad spoke it to me ( he is from italy). i picked it up really easily i was there for about 3 months. after time i still spoke but not as fluently. i went again last year and spoke it very easily again and many people thought i was from italy. i speak completely fluently now.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
hold on yes we do learn other languages in school. what the language is changes between school to school.

yes there would be more europeans that speak 2 languages then aussies as well as any other english speaking nation. as in reality english is the language of the world.

but i think we should learn 2 languages, its a great thing to be able to speak two languages.

i personally do and have been told by many i dont even have an accent. i first learnt italian when i went to italy when i was 9 before that i could only really udnerstand most of it as my dad spoke it to me ( he is from italy). i picked it up really easily i was there for about 3 months. after time i still spoke but not as fluently. i went again last year and spoke it very easily again and many people thought i was from italy. i speak completely fluently now.
But that's the key, isn't it? And your dade spoke it to you. I know an American who lived in Italy for a year when he was 8 and he didn't have an accent either.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
But that's the key, isn't it? And your dade spoke it to you. I know an American who lived in Italy for a year when he was 8 and he didn't have an accent either.
ye definetly the key most times. but isnt the key wherever not just aus. ive noticed its a lot harder to lose the accent if you go to a place in your late teens to adulthood and learn the language rather than earlier.

TheZebras

Black and White.
Mar 9, 2008
It's a pleasure to watch Roma - Juve at work....:) Is there anything more fun than being paid while watching Juve trash Rome? I don't thinks so. So win is a must!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 50)