[SERIE A] Roma 1-4 JUVENTUS (March 21st/09) week-29 (15 Viewers)

Man of the Match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Salihamidzic

• Tiago

• Poulsen

• Giovinco

• Del Piero

• Iaquinta

• Nedved

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And Motta also.
True.
Motta had a very good start in Roma. Some 2-3 great games against the weaker teams. Then that match against Inter came where he was fantastic offensively but humiliated by Balotelli at the back. I feared that he might be one of those full backs who are more midfielders than they are defenders. But then i saw him against Arsenal where he was perfect in defense. It looks like the boy is a full product and it was a big mistake not to buy him when we had the chance.
I guess it will take a little more to give the final judgement on this, but so far he looks like a brilliant transfer for Roma and a huge miss by Secco.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Perhaps. But he's only on loan but the chances their going to make the move permanent is 99.99%, if it hasn't been done already that is.
It's not done yet but it will be surely done at the end of the season. They have the right to buy him for 7m eur. It will be stupid not to do it.
According to wikipedia (taken from an italian source) Roma can buy in June half his contract for 3.5m eur or buy the full rights for 7m in three installments.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
We should win this game.

Roma can barely put eleven players on the pitch.

Anyone else think Ranieri might go 4-3-3 for this one? He has done it successfully against Roma a couple of times in the past.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
We should win this game.

Roma can barely put eleven players on the pitch.

Anyone else think Ranieri might go 4-3-3 for this one? He has done it successfully against Roma a couple of times in the past.
With Giovinco on the pitch, any formation more or less becomes a 4-3-3.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
We're doing (surprisingly) well against Roma after our serie B comeback.
First we destroyed them 5:2 in a pre-season friendly in 2007, then the 2:2 at Olimpico last season and after that we won twice without conceding a goal (1:0 and 2:0).

Actually, after that humiliating 4:0 in season 2003/04, Roma are our regular customers. 6 wins for us , 2 draws and 0 defeats in all competitions in the last 5 years, with 19 goals scored on these 8 matches and 7 goals conceded.
Hopefully this nice tradition won't stop on Saturday.

Edit: Bah, mistake. We played them in Coppa under Capello and we were eliminated. It still stands that we're doing well against them under Ranieri :D

Jul 15, 2006
It's not done yet but it will be surely done at the end of the season. They have the right to buy him for 7m eur. It will be stupid not to do it.
According to wikipedia (taken from an italian source) Roma can buy in June half his contract for 3.5m eur or buy the full rights for 7m in three installments.
Man... we really really should have gone ahead with the deal when we had the chance as your said... Oh well.

Mar 24, 2006
We're doing (surprisingly) well against Roma after our serie B comeback.
First we destroyed them 5:2 in a pre-season friendly in 2007, then the 2:2 at Olimpico last season and after that we won twice without conceding a goal (1:0 and 2:0).

Actually, after that humiliating 4:0 in season 2003/04, Roma are our regular customers. 6 wins for us , 2 draws and 0 defeats in all competitions in the last 5 years, with 19 goals scored on these 8 matches and 7 goals conceded.
Hopefully this nice tradition won't stop on Saturday.

Edit: Bah, mistake. We played them in Coppa under Capello and we were eliminated. It still stands that we're doing well against them under Ranieri :D
You forgot when we were still on our pre-Demotion days , we beat them 4-1 at Olympico , Ibrahomobitch scored a outstanding goal match. :D

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I think the fact that Gio and Del Piero can play together will inevitably allow them to play much better than if it was only one or the other playing. If it is only DP playing then all the pressure is on him to be the creative spark to ignite the team, but with both playing and able to relax and play their game, they are able to take the pressure off of each other as they both can create and move off of the other. Things work so much more smoothly rather than predictable and mechanically. If only DP is playing, opposition teams know that if they can shut down his creativity we wont have much going for us. But now....they have two to watch out for:D

So far these are the players suspended for Roma? De Rossi, Pizzaro, and Motta?

Totti:scared:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Diamoutene is also suspended.
Cassetti, Cicinho, Juan, Perrotta and Taddei are injured. None of them will make it. Totti will most probably make it though.
Sweet Jesus...what team will they field then?? If we do not capitalize on this then forget the Schudetto, this is a golden opportunity for us to embarrass them in Rome.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Sweet Jesus...what team will they field then??
Still a respectable starting XI

Doni
Panucci-Mexes-Loria-Riise
Baptista-Aquilani-Brighi
Vucinic-Menez
Totti​

They also have Tonetto, Montella and the second keeper on the bench, while the others are from their primavera.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005

Doni
Baptista-Aquilani-Brighi
Vucinic-Menez
Totti​

They also have Tonetto, Montella and the second keeper on the bench, while the others are from their primavera.
That's a pretty nasty front 3...Panucci must be exploited, simply must be.

Feb 7, 2007
My prediction is that we are going to smash them , even with injuries even we play away ,even even even ... WE WILL DESTROY ROMA WITH 4 GOALS mark my words:flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :juventus:

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003

Doni
Baptista-Aquilani-Brighi
Vucinic-Menez
Totti​

sadly for us loria doesn't get a sniff here. Riise will be playing CB and tonetto in LB.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
My prediction is that we are going to smash them , even with injuries even we play away ,even even even ... WE WILL DESTROY ROMA WITH 4 GOALS mark my words:flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :flag3: :juventus:
Well I am off to a job interview...but I share your enthusiasm :flag3:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)