[Serie A] Roma 1-3 JUVENTUS, August 30th 2009 (53 Viewers)

Man of the match

• Buffon

• Grygera

• De Ceglie

• Chiellini

• Cannavaro

• Marchisio

• Tiago

• Felipe Melo

• Amauri

• Diego

• Iaquinta

Results are only viewable after voting.

Juventinho

Hamilton saved my ass...
Nov 4, 2004
Right after Diego i would pick Amauri as my 2nd man of the match, he was immense and an all over the pitch, a real shame he haven't scored he deserved at least a goal but the way he played today was amazing, at certain moments Amauri was covering for Grygera, enough said.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Right after Diego i would pick Amauri as my 2nd man of the match, he was immense and an all over the pitch, a real shame he haven't scored he deserved at least a goal but the way he played today was amazing, at certain moments Amauri was covering for Grygera, enough said.
Melo?
Cannavaro?
Grygera?

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
What did you guys thought about Grygera?

I thought he was doing OK, improved on the last time I saw him play.
He was ok today. Especially in the last 20 minutes when the others became tired, Zdenek still had strenght in his legs and made 4 great tackles.

He offers nothing in attack though, and he was once owned by Vucinic.

Overall a solid game from him.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
If you guys look closely, we do lack invention on the flanks. It's pretty obvious. That's the only problem we have, and it could be a major one.

Sep 1, 2002
If you guys look closely, we do lack invention on the flanks. It's pretty obvious. That's the only problem we have, and it could be a major one.
I say!

We still need a winger. There will be teams who will just clog the midfield with numbers, and the Juve will have trouble at times breaking them down.

Silva would fit the bill: played very well tonight.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What a fukcing game indeed.

Juventus played it like real men and fought till the end against those ruthless romanians.

MOM.......... this is a tough one- I think the allmighty Diego deservers it but also Melo did a jawbreaker performance...and also melo has extra cool points for being such a bad ass. Amauri is close behind those 2 because the guy worked like a horse. He deserved a goal.
Honorable mentions to Cannavaro for being rock solid and to buffon for that save against Totti. Thiago did his 2nd good performance on the trot and is becoming more of a man with everygame passing.

Overall, most of the lads played well.
Clearly our weakest link were the fullbacks. Grygera has his usual moments of stupidity (specially one play in which forced buffon to kick a ball when he stupidly touched the ball with his foot in front of buffon who was going to grab it), but overall did an acceptable job on defense..... altho his crosses were crap as usual.

De ceglie was our weakest link , and well he needs toimprove desperately. I saw him betetr in the first half but overall was the poorest of the bunch.

Play of the game, Melo celebrating with himself his nasty save :D The guy is a madman........after that , both diego goals were jewels.... the second was was so badass because of Iaquintas uver lovely flick to diego.

Kudos to Ciro for the great formation and subs. Is sad for me to not see Alex and Trez playing but well thats football, and if there are better in form players in front of you, you have to stay quiet, train harder and suck it (but damn i want to see alex and diego togetehr!!!).

Very happy with this performance, we showed class in an hostile arena and our fans also behaved liek champions!.

Loving this team.

adelove

The Very Special One
Sep 29, 2003
spot-on! besides splitting defences open with through balls, diego could also be useful in spraying balls out wide for our full backs to run onto and cross into the box..wuld b all the more useful in the counter-attacking style we seem to be perfecting...i really do hope we sign grosso...or grygera and co are reborn like tiago

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I say!

We still need a winger. There will be teams who will just clog the midfield with numbers, and the Juve will have trouble at times breaking them down.

Silva would fit the bill: played very well tonight.
I think you're misunderstanding the problem. The system we use would be great if we had good attacking fullbacks, but Grygera and De Ceglie will not cut it at this point in time. If we added Rafinha our flank play would improve by 100%. Even though one player should not make or break one team, having a skilled attacking right back would make us much more deadly. We don't need wingers in midfield if we have capable wingers at the back.

I think Ferrara knows this stuff, so hopefully he's still getting Secco to move for Rafinha.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
spot-on! besides splitting defences open with through balls, diego could also be useful in spraying balls out wide for our full backs to run onto and cross into the box..wuld b all the more useful in the counter-attacking style we seem to be perfecting...i really do hope we sign grosso...or grygera and co are reborn like tiago
Grosso, even though I hate him, would give us a lot of options from the wing. We should certainly sign him, even though he is mediocre defensively. Perhaps Canna will bail him out like he did at the last WC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)