Serie A returns to Britain (1 Viewer)

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
Serie A returns to Britain
(Filed: 12/01/2003)

Italian Football fans need be frustrated no more - British Eurosport have signed a 2.5-year-deal to bring back live coverage of Serie A to these shores.

Starting on Feb 2 with a double-header of matches which will include Torino v Inter Milan, the satellite and cable channel will show a live game every Sunday at 7.30pm, with a lunchtime fixture also added into the schedule whenever possible.

"It's a real coup for us to have signed this deal," said a British Eurosport spokesman. "And judging from the e-mails and calls we receive, there's a real desire from viewers to regularly see the likes of Rivaldo, Inzaghi and Buffon on their screens."

Channel 4 previously broadcast live Serie A matches in a decade of coverage which started in September 1992.

From... The Telegraph

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
Paul, do you know if there will be highlights as well? presumably they will show highlights in addition to the live action..

Aug 20, 2002
This is great news as i live in britain and have britishg eurosport i am loving it i thank eurosport so much and i think it will boost their ratings, it is a great channel and already shows highlights of Spanish, Dutch, French, Belgian, Turkish, Portugues, on eurogoals (a weekly show) i have heard they will show live sunday matches which is excellent itself but i am also wondering if they will add the italian highlights to its eurogoals show which is quite good dont know the names of the presenters (not as good as James Richardson obviously) but still we should not ask for more as it was so hard accepting that that i would probably only get to see CL matches where we played english teams but know i cannot wait to see what the first Juve Match is.

OP

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
  • Thread Starter #14
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Paul, do you know if there will be highlights as well? presumably they will show highlights in addition to the live action..
    Yes there will be a highlights program on monday nights.

Personally i think this is a bad move by eurosport that is financially bad and draws the channel ever further away from what it was designed to be..... JMO

Especially as its so easy to get access to full coverage of serie a in the uk anyway.
    It costs very little and requires hardly any effort to be able to watch every juve (or milan etc) match from anywhere in europe.

Though it will be nice to have the occasional juve match with an english commentary.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Shadowfax ] ++
    Especially as its so easy to get access to full coverage of serie a in the uk anyway.
    It costs very little and requires hardly any effort to be able to watch every juve (or milan etc) match from anywhere in europe.
    very little means a different amount to different people Paul!

At the moment, my parents won't allow it, for whatever reason, so I'm going to have to wait a while before I can get that type of access. The Eurosport coverage will be more than enough for now though

MCPIERO

Jul 23, 2002
    What an amazing suprise, thankyou Eurosport starting from Feb 2nd THE BEST LEAGUE IN THE WORLD IS BACK! 2 matches are being shown one of Inter and hopefully the other of JUVE:cool:

Holden

Aug 3, 2002
    No Juve this weekend. It's Chievo V Lazio in the afternoon and as we already know, Torino (spit) V Inter (2 spits) in the evening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)