[Serie A] Reggina - Juventus (5 Viewers)

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #701
    Is Capello out of mind letting Camo take all the crosses in the right wing? He didn't have at least one good cross. What a d*ckhead!
    Capello should play Olivera more, Kapo too.

And yeah, someone please shoot that bastard Camo!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Art^ ] ++
    Are you a seriously a juve fan? Did you watch the game?
    Yes and kinda yes, the stream was a bit crappy but I got the gist of the last hour :)

I don't see why being able to accept that we, in general over the last 10 years have had a hell of a lot of "big team" decisions given for us makes me any less a fan :confused:

Jul 19, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

I'd tend to agree with that last part, though where are the 4 decisions you mention?

the handball and the disallowed goal thats 2. Zlatan's "goal" was obviously a foul

Refs are put under a lot of pressure, too much imo these days and this is the result. If he gives a decision to Juve in the last minute, whether correct or otherwise it would have been in the papers, he'd have been labelled a cheat etc.. its not a very good culture to be reffing in.
    The uncalled PK in the first half.

May 30, 2004
    Juventus had two goals disallowed and a clear penalty denied as they lose their unbeaten record to relegation strugglers Reggina.

Fabio Capello rotated the squad once again, as Alessandro Del Piero was benched in favour of Marcelo Zalayeta, while Gianluca Pessotto replaced the injured Jonathan Zebina. The decision to rest Del Piero might also have been affected by the appalling state of the Stadio Granillo pitch.

Reggina were forced to do without the suspended Mozart, as the midfielder failed a routine drugs test for a substance the club claims was contained within an anti-mosquito bite cream. Salvatore Soviero made his Serie A debut in goal, making his comeback after a five-month ban for punching members of the Messina bench during their Second Division encounter with Venezia.

Juve quickly took control and Gianluca Zambrotta's cross-cum-shot whistled across the face of goal. Zlatan Ibrahimovic also had a good chance, but the visitors were in for a shock.

After just 12 minutes Reggina took the lead with an extraordinarily fortunate goal. Fabio Cannavaro cleared the ball straight at Giuseppe Colucci inside the area and it ricocheted off his hip to loop over a stranded Buffon. It was the first goal Juventus have conceded on their travels this season.

However, the lead didn't last any longer than 90 seconds, as a terrible defensive error from Gaetano De Rosa allowed Ibrahimovic to steal the ball and thump a low drive into the near corner.

The Swede was particularly lively and battled his way through two defenders before a third managed to close him down on the edge of the six-yard box.

Soviero smothered Zalayeta's shot, but the Amaranto were again lucky to restore their lead on 25 minutes. A powerful razor-sharp Marco Zamboni free kick took a slight deflection off Manuele Blasi to push the ball past Buffon. Zamboni is a former Juventus player and made his Serie A debut with this club in 1997.

It was an action-packed first half, as Emerson's delightful lob floated just over the crossbar.

Reggina felt Lady Luck was behind them and Emiliano Bonazzoli's long-range strike was fingertipped round the post by Buffon. Moments later Zamboni's cross beat everyone, including Bonazzoli, who only needed to stretch to put it in.

At the other end Zambrotta's floated cross had a similar effect, with panicked Reggina defenders able to clear from Mauro Camoranesi at the back post.

There was controversy on 37 minutes, as Jacopo Balestri clearly handled in the box, but the move continued and Soviero performed a fine save on Emerson's strike from the edge of the area.

The Amaranto certainly did not batten down the hatches and Cannavaro required an acrobatic header to prevent Bonazzoli latching on to Balestri's cross.

Bonazzoli and Manuele Blasi had long range efforts smothered as the shots kept raining in from all angles at both ends of the pitch.

It was definitely not Juve's night, as at the start of the second half Zalayeta's powerful header on a Zambrotta cross thumped the outside of the post with Soviero static.

Camoranesi's effort was deflected off De Rosa, again possibly with an arm, and on the resulting corner Soviero smothered Cannavaro's header.

Ibrahimovic thought he had drawn level again on the hour mark, but the referee had already blown the whistle earlier for an elbow on Ivan Franceschini inside the box. Contact was made, but how intentional was unclear.

Soviero was at full stretch to turn an Ibrahimovic cross-shot round the post as the siege intensified. Fabio Capello needed to spice them up and threw on Alex Del Piero and Ruben Olivera for Zalayeta and Pessotto, moving Juventus to a three-man defence.

There was bad news for the Amaranto, as Giuseppe Colucci hacked down Olivera for his second bookable offence, so the home side had to play the remaining 17 minutes in ten men. It was an avoidable incident, as his first yellow card was for removing his jersey in the goal celebrations.

Olivera saw Soviero off his line and thumped an effort just wide from almost 30 metres out, then Del Piero's scuffed half-volley bobbled past the post.

The Reggina goalkeeper punched a free kick off the head of Ibrahimovic, but the home side also had a good chance when Buffon blocked Davide Dionigi's snapshot.

There was panic in the Amaranto box during stoppages when Soviero twice fumbled a harmless cross, but managed to get it back under control before Ibrahimovic could pounce.

There was one more incident to go, as in the final minute of stoppages Juventus seemed to draw level. Substitute Olivier Kapo sprung the offside trap and chested down the ball before rifling it into the far corner, but after several tense moments of consultation with the linesman, the goal was disallowed for a handling offence.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++

Yes and kinda yes, the stream was a bit crappy but I got the gist of the last hour :)

I don't see why being able to accept that we, in general over the last 10 years have had a hell of a lot of "big team" decisions given for us makes me any less a fan :confused:

i get your point. if the other teams *****ed when it happened then we can ***** too.

and also remember *****ing didnt do anything and it wont do anything this time either

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by rae ] ++
    messin is old story...
    reggina is new one
    hahahahahahhahahahahaha
    I guess ya all feel delighted...
    hahahahahahahah
    hey, you guys lost legitimately to Messina.

rae, I'd welcome you back to the forums at any other time, but to come here after a long absence just to taunt us is just low

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #711
    ++ [ originally posted by aressandro10 ] ++

did u see the flag from tv view... all i see after Kapo chest the ball is he dribble the ball and score and then celebration..didnt show at all weather the flag was up or down....

Yes I saw the flag. When Kapo received the ball and scored, the flag was down.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
    May 4, 2004
    omg what a game.. we should have won 5-2 or somthing.. very unlucky.. and when we finally score we dont get the goal.. damn.. + a penaly..!

i feel so bad for Kapo..

for Juve..
    for Capello...

**** this.. **** paparesta and his wife...

Sep 14, 2003
    I'm a little confused here...when Kapo 'scored', were both the ref and linesman happy that it was valid? Did they only change their decision after the intervention from Reggina players?

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
    Is Capello out of mind letting Camo take all the crosses in the right wing? He didn't have at least one good cross. What a d*ckhead!

he is a ****er

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++
    I'm a little confused here...when Kapo 'scored', were both the ref and linesman happy that it was valid? Did they only change their decision after the intervention from Reggina players?
    Yeah that seems to be what happened.

Oct 1, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

so that's what happened when we lose the game? Camo again? :LOL:

OP
    The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #719
    ++ [ originally posted by Holdon ] ++

Yes they did. As I said, when Kapo received the ball, the flag stayed down, and when he scored the goal, Paparesta just pointed at the middle of the pitch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)