[Serie A] Reggina - Juventus (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
It should be a comfortable win for us, and hopefully Roma can get a result at Milan

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #4
    Reggina - Juventus

Juventus will be confident of maintaining their unbelievable start to the season against a struggling Reggina outfit. The Bianconeri have won eight and drawn one of their nine games so far, while the home side have picked up just one point in their last five matches.

Reggina, who have lost their last two games at the Granillo, threw away the points last weekend when they let a goal advantage slip as they lost the derby against Messina 2-1. Another defeat could see the axe fall on boss Walter Mazzarri. He’ll probably be without De Rosa, Veron and Esteves, while key man Mesto will be suspended.

They’ll have to also improve dramatically in front of goal given that they have only netted six so far, which doesn’t bode well when you consider that the Bianconeri have conceded just two in Serie A.

It’s unclear at this stage what sort of side the Turin giants will put out. They beat Chievo 3-0 last week without a host of first team regulars such as Zambrotta, Emerson, Del Piero, Zebina and Trezeguet. The last two will be unavailable again, but the other three men should all return to the line-up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reggina (probable): Pavarini; Zamboni, Cannarsa, Franceschini; Tedesco, Paredes, Colucci, Mozart, Balestri; Nakamura, Bonazzoli

Juventus (probable): Buffon; Birindelli, Thuram, Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Emerson, Blasi, Nedved; Del Piero, Ibrahimovic

Ref: To follow...

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Has our defense ever been this stingy?
    Well, except for last season, we've usually had the best Serie A defence (during the last decade at least).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++

Well, except for last season, we've usually had the best Serie A defence (during the last decade at least).
    Well obviously, I'm not an imbecile. :D Actually I mean in the Champions League.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
    bonazzoli is dangrous...
    del neri wouldn't use cassamno against milan,so getting a result at san siro seems even more difficult.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
    Well obviously, I'm not an imbecile. :D Actually I mean in the Champions League.
    I highly doubt we've gone four matches in the CL without conceding a goal (not for a long time anyway)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

I highly doubt we've gone four matches in the CL without conceding a goal (not for a long time anyway)
    Thats what I suspect Graham. Has anyone achieved something like this recently? Milan two years ago? Porto?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)