[Serie A] Reggina - Juventus (8 Viewers)

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
--

Reggina vs. Grande Juve

On paper we have one of the easiest matches this week out of the title challengers playing Reggina in the Stadio Granillo in Reggio Calabria (where there is a huge Juve fanbase), whereas Inter travel to Florence to face an in-form Fiorentina side while Milan battle it out with troubled Roma in la Scala del Calcio, the San Siro.

Reggina's last match was a defeat in the 'Derby dello Stretto' against Messina with a 2-1 scoreline (the two cities are on either side of the stretch of water separating the Italian mainland from Sicily). Emiliano Bonazzoli scored the first goal in this heated derby but Messina replied with 2 goals. Riccardo Zampagna scored with a powerful free kick while Messina's top scorer Arturo Di Napoli nodded in an Atsushi Yanagisawa cross from the left to score the winner.

Juve's last match was yet another win in the Champions League, this time against German giants Bayern Munich with a last minute goal from in-form striker Alessandro Del Piero, who exercised his demons in the same Olympiastadion where Juve lost a Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund (3-1) in 1997 when Del Piero himself scored the only Juventus goal.

However, on Wednesday night some players were worryingly showing signs of fatigue as Thuram looked sluggish whereas Zambrotta failed to contain Owen Hergreaves on Juve's left side and didn't threaten much with his usual dynamic runs.

For this encounter, Reggina will be missing some important players including their influential Brazilian captain Santos Mozart who was suspended for testing positive for a banned substance who the club traced back to a mosquito lotion he applied to his 3 year old daughter. Boss Walter Mazzarri will also miss the young attacking midfielder Giandomenico Mesto who is also suspended whereas Gaetano De Rosa, Ricardo Veron and Ricardo Esteves are all doubtful with various injuries.

Mazzarri applies the 3-5-2 system in Serie A but might revert to a more defensive strategy against Juventus. The attacking duo is formed of Shunsuke Nakamura and Emiliano Bonazolli. The Japanese attacker is dangerous in free kicks whereas Bonazolli is strong physically and good at headers, a la Christian Vieri. Reggina also have Milan's youngster Marco Borriello on their books who could be used by Mazzarri if necessary.

On the other side, Capello's only absentee would be Jonathan Zebina who is expected to be out for 2 months. Alessandro Birindelli is deputising and is doing a good job up to this point even though Gianluca Pessotto took over against Bayern as Birindelli himself got slightly injured in last week's match against Chievo. However, Birindelli is expected to retain his position back against Reggina.

Juve's spirit and determination, the envy of many European teams, has lead to Juve's successful start to the season and with Capello in the helm it is expected to continue. Juve have only conceded 2 goals (an average of 1 goal for every 6 hours played - or to be more precise 542 minutes played !!). Juve's goal scorers have also enjoyed their fair share of scoring goals with Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Zalayeta all looking in good form.

As long as the defenders are Buffon are doing their job and the attackers are also scoring goals, then there is nothing to worry about. Let's hope for another Juve win to strech our lead over Milan to 8 points at least until Sunday night.

Forza Capitano !!

gray

Apr 22, 2003
:LOL: great picture, it reminds me of Zoolander :D

btw when did he start wearing that #10 on his finger? Does Nike make him wear it? I've been seeing it everywhere lately

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
btw when did he start wearing that #10 on his finger? Does Nike make him wear it? I've been seeing it everywhere lately
During the start of this season I guess. Last year he used to cover his ring with a white thread thingy.

By the way, Alex is an 'Addidas' player not a 'Nike' one, but maybe this has to do with marketing the club's Nike merchandise.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by dpforever ] ++
By the way, Alex is an 'Addidas' player not a 'Nike' one, but maybe this has to do with marketing the club's Nike merchandise.
Yeah, I thought it was a Nike thing because it only started this season ;)

btw did u write that match preview yourself? You should consider submitting your previews etc to goal.com or a similar site :thumb:

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002

Yeah, I thought it was a Nike thing because it only started this season ;)
Come to think about it, the Zoolander picture was taken last season since the Scudetto patch is sewn on the shirt. :wallbang: So he probably started wearing it last season too.

btw did u write that match preview yourself? You should consider submitting your previews etc to goal.com or a similar site :thumb:
Yep, I wrote it ma' self.

And thanks, bro. I like writing previews, especially Juve ones. I thought about writing previews for Juventuz and let Martin pay me some bucks :greedy: but I don't want to be dedicated as I only write when I feel like it or have time ;)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Come to think about it, the Zoolander picture was taken last season since the Scudetto patch is sewn on the shirt. :wallbang: So he probably started wearing it last season too.
:embarass: how did i not think of that :wallbang:

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
On paper we have one of the easiest matches this week out of the title challengers playing Reggina in the Stadio Granillo in Reggio Calabria (where there is a huge Juve fanbase), whereas Inter travel to Florence to face an in-form Fiorentina side while Milan battle it out with troubled Roma in la Scala del Calcio, the San Siro.

Reggina's last match was a defeat in the 'Derby dello Stretto' against Messina with a 2-1 scoreline (the two cities are on either side of the stretch of water separating the Italian mainland from Sicily). Emiliano Bonazzoli scored the first goal in this heated derby but Messina replied with 2 goals. Riccardo Zampagna scored with a powerful free kick while Messina's top scorer Arturo Di Napoli nodded in an Atsushi Yanagisawa cross from the left to score the winner.

Juve's last match was yet another win in the Champions League, this time against German giants Bayern Munich with a last minute goal from in-form striker Alessandro Del Piero, who exercised his demons in the same Olympiastadion where Juve lost a Champions League final against Borussia Dortmund (3-1) in 1997 when Del Piero himself scored the only Juventus goal.

However, on Wednesday night some players were worryingly showing signs of fatigue as Thuram looked sluggish whereas Zambrotta failed to contain Owen Hergreaves on Juve's left side and didn't threaten much with his usual dynamic runs.

For this encounter, Reggina will be missing some important players including their influential Brazilian captain Santos Mozart who was suspended for testing positive for a banned substance who the club traced back to a mosquito lotion he applied to his 3 year old daughter. Boss Walter Mazzarri will also miss the young attacking midfielder Giandomenico Mesto who is also suspended whereas Gaetano De Rosa, Ricardo Veron and Ricardo Esteves are all doubtful with various injuries.

Mazzarri applies the 3-5-2 system in Serie A but might revert to a more defensive strategy against Juventus. The attacking duo is formed of Shunsuke Nakamura and Emiliano Bonazolli. The Japanese attacker is dangerous in free kicks whereas Bonazolli is strong physically and good at headers, a la Christian Vieri. Reggina also have Milan's youngster Marco Borriello on their books who could be used by Mazzarri if necessary.

On the other side, Capello's only absentee would be Jonathan Zebina who is expected to be out for 2 months. Alessandro Birindelli is deputising and is doing a good job up to this point even though Gianluca Pessotto took over against Bayern as Birindelli himself got slightly injured in last week's match against Chievo. However, Birindelli is expected to retain his position back against Reggina.

Juve's spirit and determination, the envy of many European teams, has lead to Juve's successful start to the season and with Capello in the helm it is expected to continue. Juve have only conceded 2 goals (an average of 1 goal for every 6 hours played - or to be more precise 542 minutes played !!). Juve's goal scorers have also enjoyed their fair share of scoring goals with Ibrahimovic, Del Piero and Zalayeta all looking in good form.

As long as the defenders are Buffon are doing their job and the attackers are also scoring goals, then there is nothing to worry about. Let's hope for another Juve win to strech our lead over Milan to 8 points at least until Sunday night.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by chxta ] ++

ermmm this was posted already by dpforever, and he wrote it himself.

Where exactly did you copy this from? I smell a rat :)

OP
The Arif

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
  • Thread Starter #152

During the start of this season I guess. Last year he used to cover his ring with a white thread thingy.

He had that last season too. I saw him against Deportivo.

dpforever

Jan 12, 2002
    chxta, what is the point of copying my long post and posting it again :confused:

Unless ofcourse you really enjoyed it and want everyone else to read it (twice) :D :)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
    Nov 1, 2004
    It's a very well written article, and I just can't get enough of it.

As long as the defenders are Buffon are doing their job and the attackers are also scoring goals, then there is nothing to worry about. Let's hope for another Juve win to strech our lead over Milan to 8 points at least until Sunday night

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    Hey don't need to paste the article again and again, if u like it juz keep it. We appreciate that u like the article, but the fact is that some1 has already posted it, so no point doing it over and over again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 8)