[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (11 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sonjia_DP ] ++
With Emo & Vieria, we got the best midfield of the world.
Indeed. Vieira is just Incredible, I do think in his position he's the best player right now...and Nobody comes close to him, Not Even Makelele or anybody.

About the game, I'm happy we managed to turn the 1-0 into 1-2, Thanks to Camoranesi's wonder goal and Patrick's head.

Capello didn't start the game with the right formation, But in the 2nd half he made some good Subs that allowed us to turn the game and gain 3 Important points.

It's good Zlatan managed to do something Finally, good assist, Ibra.

And It's great also to see our side winning 5/5 matches. Lets just keep on Focusing and continue this road.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Perhaps the best of his career.

He doesn't have the ball skills to be as threatening in attack at close-range a la Kaka, etc. But I would like to see him develop a deep shot threat like Nedved or Maniche. This was a nice one in that direction. :D

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

He doesn't have the ball skills to be as threatening in attack at close-range a la Kaka, etc. But I would like to see him develop a deep shot threat like Nedved or Maniche. This was a nice one in that direction. :D

He has a fantastic header tho, altho he didnt really prove it against Parma.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
Well here is my late take on the game...

In the first half we were just outplayed , i mean just congrats to parma on an amazing half.And they were rewarded with a goal due to poor defending on the part of a RUSTY THURAM.It took a wonder strike from camo to get us level on half time. Then we were far better in the 2nd half and we were rewarded by the viera goal.

-Abbiatti: Well the parma goal wasnt his fault in any way.He was better this game than in the past matches i guess, although he did some UNCOSTLY mistakes.The other thing also i want him to work on is the communication between him and the defenders, he needs to improve that.

-Canna:Well for me he was best on field last nite.Especially after the goal, he made some excellent interventions and really didnt give corradi any space to even breathe.

-Thuram: started a bit rusty, the goal was partly his fault as he was caught out of position trying to guard corradi which was marked by canna.Later on in the game he got his game back and started to play harder and covered a bit of space in the back.Great understanding between him and canna to perform the offside trap a number of times on a slow corradi.

-zambro:well i saw him playing much better on both sides of the field yesterday.Made some good runs and some good interventions but didnt cross that much for out tall forward line.Overall good game.

-Pessoto: well the captain for the nite played alrite.Although he was partly in fault for the goal as delvecchio was coming from his part of the defense.But i think he did alright.Pushed up at times as well.Although i would prefer to see blasi.

-Giannii:This guy just showed that he is purely used to dispose balls from opponents to pass them to someone who could do something.He made some good interventions in midfield but he didnt make use of them as he had to wait a while for someone who could make use of the ball.I think he did alrite for his capabilities. It was just not his time or type of game.

-Viera:Again a very good game, good to have such a class in midfield.Great timing for pushing up the field in the goal.This was the thing we were lacking last season, as our CMs didnt push up to create one more options.

-Camo: grreeeat goal , i just meaan WOW. i also think he had a very good game played on both sides and created some good plays in the midfield.Great to have him back in form.

-Mutu: in his first start for juve, out of his original position i think he faired very well and created some chances.Had alot of fouls done against him, but his touch on the dead ball isnt back yet. I think he should be used again in neddys position in the future.Good game overall.

-Zalayeta: i dont think he had the best of games.He moved well but he didnt present the best of options upfront.

-Trezi: well again i dont think he had the best of games as well..he missed an easy chance infront of goal which i didnt think he especially would miss.He tried hard to give an option upfront but he couldnt do that.
I just think it wasnt his day.

Subs:

-Emo: this guy just shows why he is soo important for this juve squad. The difference between him and gianni was that he can take the ball from the opponent and actually made that classy pass. He also pushed up once in while just to pressure the parma midfield.Did well to contain morfeo.

-Neddy: he was just invisible sadly, tried a couple of shots from long range but he wasnt successful.

-Zlatan: one he entered the field he was just like the past two games, too angry and frustrated and it just effected his game.After that WONDER ASSIT , his game was just much better.He made some good runs, passes. Overall i think he had a good game after the assist.

-Don Fabio: i can see why he opted to start with both tall forwards and noo zlatan as well.This game truly needed that two tall strong forwards.But the thing that went wrong was that the crosses didnt come in from our full backs and wengers so thats one rreason why they didnt have a good game.I wouldnt know what would happen if alex would've gotten the nod but the parma players didnt give up any space for our forwards and we needed strength upfront.

Putting gianni there was absolutely neccessary as he will have to play in the CL in midweek and he needs some match practice just to be inform.

I really wanted to see blasi in the RB position, however i think i understand why he opted for the more experienced pessoto as we couldnt make any major mistakes in the game and blasi is more probable to make that mistake than pessoto.

Great come back , great personality.15 points from 5 games , great start for the season.

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by lavenderguy ] ++
Y del piero is not playing?? i am really lost by some of capello's decision...does that mean dp will be starting in the CL game?? and what's Giani doin in there in the midfield?? obviously, Capello looked down on Parma...couldn;t wake up for d game, too tired after swimming, showing here 2.30 morning..damn....but at least now we r shoulder to shoulder w the blues Chelsea as the straight wins teams...perhaps these two will meet in the CL final? hehe..and envy of Hamburger FC fans..they won themselves 10000 litres of beer(i think!!)
well i dont think that capello looked down on parma as they r a hard team to beat at home.Alex wasnt played purely becuz this game needed the bid tall forwards..

And yeah good for the Hamburg fans-----------> gooo benny Lauth

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

His goal reminds me of the one ( Figo Vs England Eu2000 ).

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

Pessotto wasn't so bad,although his job today was to be pretty much behind and let Camoranesi to occupy the rest of the right flank.
Well, I think Pessotto made too many mistakes for Il Professore. Pessotto was partly to blame for letting Delvecchio score in the first few minutes as he let the player run past him. I also saw some other mistakes that could have cost us, however he's no worse than Blasi back there.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Well, I think Pessotto made too many mistakes for Il Professore. Pessotto was partly to blame for letting Delvecchio score in the first few minutes as he let the player run past him. I also saw some other mistakes that could have cost us, however he's no worse than Blasi back there.
Actually I don't blame only Pessotto for that goal, it was mainly Thuram's fault. But I agree that Pessotto was below par and I would like to see Balzaretti back in action, only one half is not enought to get rid of him.

Mar 6, 2005

He's very good, maybe even great at long range shots in the fact that most of them that he's willing to take (I don't know why he likes passing the ball if he has a clear shot at goal) are on target..

And I think that Camoranesi's the sort of player that works best with space around him.. He can use it to dribble and/or outrun his opponent..

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

It seemed like he got himself trapped a lot by Parma defenders on the left edge of the goal box ... unable to make a decent pass, unable to break to make a decent cross. To notch his game up a level, he'll need to find a way to take better advantage of some of those double coverage situations.

In the meantime, he did the best with what he had -- protect the ball, try to force some movement, and take the foul when things clamped down around him.
Mutu is one of those players who can get himself out of trouble by forcing a foul, and once other clubs take notice defenders will have to give him a little more space. I also believe his play was hampered in the first half with Giannichedda playing midfield believe it or not...Vieira was not able to come up and support Mutu in attack very much because the Frenchman had to stay back and make up for mistakes made by Mr. Chedda. When Emerson is in midfield Vieira can roam forward a bit more, and from what I have seen Vieira likes to drive forward on the left side of midfield...once Mutu and Paddy get used to playing together I think Adrian will have more support and more lanes to work with with Zambrotta overlapping and Vieira taking away the opposition's holding midfielders and stoppers. We did not have that interaction in the first half.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

Actually I don't blame only Pessotto for that goal, it was mainly Thuram's fault. But I agree that Pessotto was below par and I would like to see Balzaretti back in action, only one half is not enought to get rid of him.
Pessotto wasn't a complete disaster by any means. Looking back at that goal, it was pretty clear that man-to-man marking on the left side was established and Thuram was looking for a purpose as the third defender against two forwards -- ignoring the fact that between him and Pessotto, Corradi was coming in unmarked.

But Corradi was somewhat being marked by Pessotto on the left wing up until that point, and he and should have resolved some miscommunication of marking assignments between himself and Thuram. Instead, he broke off and let Corradi establish a gap and a lead in front of him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)