[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (28 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Amash ] ++

I was pointing that to all who criticised Zlatan not to u alone. Yes you can criticise him noone can take that from you but I don't like critics on Zlatan because he's doing good this season and one or two games can't spoilt that
Zlatan has been one of our weakest players a couple times this season already, whereas he almost never played that poorly - relative to the rest of the squad - last season.

So I think the verdict is still out on whether "he's doing good this season" overall or not. There have been some examples where he's had far better games, and he's had a couple games that were his far better games. It's been a pretty mixed bag for him thus far, IMO. (Look at Trez for example, playing some of the best of his career in some games, and then absolute crud like today.)

We need more performances like Zlatan's performance today, that's for sure.

Buy on AliExpress.com

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Espectro ] ++
2- Mutu: Well he try hard, he did some good runs, he was awfulñ taking freakicks
:dielaugh:

What a great description, Espectro: "freakicks".

Don't know if you did that intentionally or not, but...

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

I like your posts and comments too :)

I missed the first halfe,can you give me more details about Mutu's performance what he was good at,and what position he played..and was the formation 4-3-3?then changed to 4-4-2?where he played in both?
too much questons :D
Thanks Snoop, you too Jeeks.

Anyway, Mutu liked to have the ball at his feet and thus dribbled a lot. He was very active and was good at getting freekicks. Mutu also made space for Zambrotta to move forward, ditto Veira. Though he usually let Zambrotta cross the ball to our forwards, instead of trying himself.
He basically played as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2. We played a 4-4-2 formation today,with Mutu taking over Nedved's role.

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++

Thanks Snoop, you too Jeeks.

Anyway, Mutu liked to have the ball at his feet and thus dribbled a lot. He was very active and was good at getting freekicks. Mutu also made space for Zambrotta to move forward, ditto Veira. Though he usually let Zambrotta cross the ball to our forwards, instead of trying himself.
He basically played as a left midfielder in a 4-4-2. We played a 4-4-2 formation today,with Mutu taking over Nedved's role.
So no trident tonight?:confused:

what else Mutu was bad on?was he diving a lot when he was in trouble?or kept fighting?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Dom, I concur with most of your post except the part about Nedved looking like such an attacking presence. Other than that, we pretty much see eye to eye this time around.

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
AFTER A TERRIBLE match against Udinese on Wednesday I was expecting some changes in our lineup, and Capello provided those changes. After the first 15 minutes of this match, I thought we were going to have another horrible performance ahead of of us. There is always something that does not go quite right out on the pitch...this time it was our defense and our insistence on underating Parma. The latter played a great match today, however I believe we still deserved to win.

The first half was rather lackluster and mostly involved miscues and mistakes in midfield and especially defense. Thuram came back from injury and clearly did not look with it for the first few minutes of the match, and Giannichedda and Pessotto were the main reasons for Parma causing us problems at the start of the match. You have to hand it to Parma for coming out to play against us, as we struggled to contain Morfeo breaking through midfield. In attack the only player who looked lively was Mutu who won us a lot of free kicks and troubled the Parma defense with his mazing runs.

Thankfully in the second half Capello substituted Giannichedda and put Emerson next to Vieira in midfield, and the difference was as clear as night and day...we owned the midfield in the second half, and that won us the match. Morfeo was totally shut down by Emerson and Parma could no longer create any chances against us...Giannichedda was clearly the weakest link today and I don't think he is a reliable substitute for our midfield.
Agreed that Giannichedda was our weakest link,but I disagree that Pessotto weas playing so bad,I think he fulfills his duties.
You are right about Mutu and his free kicks won.

The trident attack started this match and I'm not sure why Zalayeta was given the start...with Del Piero or Ibrahimovic up top instead we have caused Parma more problems going forward. But in the first half we were too busy making up for mistakes in midfield to fully benefit from the trident attack...thankfully things became much more under control in the second 45. I think it was a good decision to experiment with the trident and play Mutu out wide, however fielding Giannichedda and perhaps Pessotto will cost us in the future.

All in all I'm happy with the win because Parma gave us the toughest performance of the season thus far...and we met the challenge. We still need to improve everywhere, though.

Abbiati punched the ball away instead of catching it a few times, and the guy once again looks too shakey for my comforts.
Yes,about Abbiati I agree with you.

Pessotto was quite poor as Bresciano and Morfeo gave him a hard time at the back....although he made a few supporting runs up the flank.
Pessotto wasn't so bad,although his job today was to be pretty much behind and let Camoranesi to occupy the rest of the right flank.

Thuram was obviously a little cold after being out with injury as he made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes, especially running into Cannavaro and not picking up Delvecchio in the first half.
Agreed!

Cannavaro was not entirely solid either.
Well,I think that Cannavaro is the main reason why we don't let our enemies in easy chances,especially if we have on our minds the fact that Abbiati is not so good for the club's high expectations.

Zambrotta was decent and made some usual nice runs down the flank...I liked his passion when he tackled Morfeo from behind after the latter should have been booked for not giving Mutu ten yards.
Zambro was great,that's OK.

Camoranesi was absolutely horrible in the first half before he scored his great goal, not clicking with his passing game. In the second half he improved greatly and started to become more involved.

Gainnichedda might deny space to the opposition in midfield however his tackling and decision making is extremely poor. He does not add much to the team and with him playing Vieira was not able to attack as much...problem solved when Emerson entered.

Vieira was solid once again today and he continues to be our best player by some margin .
Emerson is obviously twice the player Giannichedda is...when he came on Vieira could actually roam forward more and our midfield was finally secure.
Totally agree with you about Vieira!

Mutu was our best attacker in the first half and caused Parma lots of problems with his runs...IMO he deserves to start in front of Nedved from now on...no question.

Zalayeta made a couple nice runs, one of which playing the ball across the goal mouth, however apart from that he was average.

Trezeguet was average as well and did not have many opportunities to do what he does best.

Ibrahimovic started the match on the bench and this was a good decision by Capello...as soon as he stepped on the pitch he dribbled around two defenders and looked as hungry as ever. Zlatan certainly improved tonight as the match went on and he actually added a lot to our attack...hopefully he will continue to improve.

Nedved came on for Mutu and looked poor once again, unfornately. I am very worried about his play and I have to say he is not doing much to warrant his spot on the pitch.
Well description of our attacking forces.
I think Nedved is just out of form,and that it's just transitory!
The only difference from our past seasons is the fact that if Nedved was out of form before we didn't have the right answer to that,but now we are strongest than before so we can notice the fact without suffering.

Anyway quality post by you Andy!!!:thumb:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004

what else Mutu was bad on?was he diving a lot when he was in trouble?or kept fighting?
The only negative points of Mutu's performance was his freekicks and perhaps some of his passing plays. Other than that, he did not have much to work with in the first half.

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Trident, Trident.. It's up to your own interpretation I guess. We did play with three forwards, but one of them(Mutu) played as left midfielder.

Mutu was a little rushful when passing, making his passes go astray from time to time. He lacked a certain match fitness and was a littly rusty as others have written already. Though he didn't dive actually when he was in trouble, he fought. Though not too much ofcourse, which player does nowadays?

Dom, I concur with most of our post except the part about Nedved looking like such an attacking presence. Other than that, we pretty much see eye to eye this time around.
I felt that Nedved seemed to draw defenders towards him immediately (maybe just because of his reputation), hence him being a precense in attack.
I'm glad we agree on the match otherwise, it's nice for a change :).

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

The only negative points of Mutu's performance was his freekicks and perhaps some of his passing plays. Other than that, he did not have much to work with in the first half.
It seemed like he got himself trapped a lot by Parma defenders on the left edge of the goal box ... unable to make a decent pass, unable to break to make a decent cross. To notch his game up a level, he'll need to find a way to take better advantage of some of those double coverage situations.

In the meantime, he did the best with what he had -- protect the ball, try to force some movement, and take the foul when things clamped down around him.

Dec 26, 2004
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Serie A Week 5 - 24/9/05 (19.30 UK)
Parma 1 - 2 Juventus
Delvecchio 13 (P), Camoranesi 44 (J), Vieira 82 (J)
Stadio Tardini

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Juve fought back at the Stadio Tardini with Mauro Camoranesi and Patrick Vieira to make it five wins out of five.

This used to be one of the biggest battles in Serie A, but Parma's financial difficulties have left them challenging for rather different objectives. New owner Lorenzo Sanz was in the stands to watch the Gialloblu, while Juventus aimed to maintain their 100 per cent record.

Former Parma heroes Lilian Thuram, Fabio Cannavaro and Adrian Mutu stepped into the Stadio Tardini, while Emerson, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alessandro Del Piero were rested. Daniele Bonera and Domenico Morfeo recovered from their fitness worries to start, while Fabio Cannavaro's little brother Paolo was left on the bench.

The first real scoring opportunity came after seven minutes, as both David Trezeguet and Mauro German Camoranesi were prevented from scoring by brave defensive interventions.

However, it was Parma who took a surprise lead at the 13th. Bernardo Corradi held up the ball for Marco Delvecchio's low volley from a tight angle that beat Christian Abbiati. It was Delvecchio's first goal for the Gialloblu and an important confidence booster for the veteran striker.

Camoranesi's looping header was just over, then Abbiati performed a brilliant one-handed save on Corradi, but the move had already been halted for a foul.

Juventus were unable to create any real chances and goalkeeper Cristiano Lupatelli was left relatively untroubled in the first half. If anything, Parma could've doubled their lead, as Abbiati palmed out a powerful Fabio Simplicio strike.

The Bianconeri are not to be outdone and eventually equalised with a goal out of nowhere, but one that Camoranesi will treasure as perhaps the best of his career. The Argentine gathered the ball from Patrick Vieira and unleashed a rocket from 20 metres that slotted into the top corner of the net.

Nonetheless, it was a poor overall performance and Fabio Capello introduced Emerson for Giuliano Giannichedda. It wasn't a good start to the second half, as Abbiati completely missed a Delvecchio cross and was fortunate that Mark Bresciano fired straight at the goalkeeper.

Fernando Couto replaced the injured Giuseppe Cardone for Parma. Juve went close to taking the lead soon after, as Zalayeta's taut cross-shot was inches away from both the far post and Trezeguet's outstretched foot.

Delvecchio also limped off with a knee problem, making way for youngster Andrea Pisanu. Abbiati still didn't look secure and performed a bizarre punching save on a Fabio Simplicio cross he probably could have caught.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic replaced the disappointing Zalayeta and moments later Juve had a great chance to score. Camoranesi intercepted a weak pass and Trezeguet saw his shot palmed round the post by Lupatelli.

Parma gradually fought back and Pisanu drilled inches wide of the near post. During the same move, Corradi fell in the area under pressure from Fabio Cannavaro and the two men argued over whether it was a push or a dive.

Ibrahimovic is yet to score in Serie A this season and made some elemental errors that earned the scorn of the Stadio Tardini crowd.

Trezeguet wasted another good chance on 74 minutes, as Pavel Nedved's shot was deflected into his path and Contini managed to charge down the Frenchman's follow-up.

Bresciano also suffered an injury, so Parma introduced Paolo Cannavaro to face his older brother.

The Bianconeri now had the upper hand and should've made it 2-1 with 10 minutes to go, but Camoranesi's looping header on a Gianluca Zambrotta cross shaved the far post with Lupatelli beaten.

Juve grabbed the goal moments later, as Patrick Vieira started and ended the move. The ex-Arsenal star gave Ibrahimovic the ball and ran to the far post to nod in his chipped cross. It was Vieira's third goal in five Serie A games.

Ibrahimovic's confidence was boosted by that assist and his fierce drive was well smothered by the goalkeeper.

Parma: Lupatelli; Bonera, Cardone (Couto 47), Contini, Pasquale; Bresciano (P Cannavaro 76), Grella, Simplicio, Delvecchio (Pisanu 59); Morfeo; Corradi

Juventus: Abbiati; Pessotto, Thuram, F Cannavaro, Zambrotta; Camoranesi, Vieira, Giannichedda (Emerson 46), Mutu (Nedved 69); Trezeguet, Zalayeta (Ibrahimovic 56)

Ref: Pieri

What wrong did Ibra do :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)