[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (26 Viewers)

arc

Mar 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by JuveMafia 4Ever ] ++
If he played attacker in this game he will surely score but it is little bit hard for him when he now is playing a midfielder
he is lack of confident, he got the ball but duno what to do with it next :frown:

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Mutu needs to be in the starting 11 from now on. He has already caused the opposition more problems than Nedved this season and his runs have troubled the Parma defense. He has won about four fouls thus far and is our most active player in attack. He deserves to start.
There is no doubt that Mutu is a better left winger then Nedved. But in Capello's 4-4-2 the left midfielder also has to do a lot of defending, and Mutu's defensive skills are quite poor. Don't forget that Parma focusses most attacking power on their left side (Morfeo and Delvecchio). Mutu hasn't been tested enough this match to see if he can play on the left in a 4-4-2.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++

Mutu is very erratic. Good motion, but not making the right decisions of what to do next with the ball. And his free kicks? That guy seems to be aiming for the crosses on Parma's jerseys.
Erratic? Mutu was really the only player doing anything in attack...Zalayeta and Trezeguet did not do much at all. Mutu caused Parma's defense a lot of problems with his runs and fouled him about four times. Histwo free kicks were not that great but one was blocked by Morfeo (who should have been carded for that). He already looks better than Nedved.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++

There is no doubt that Mutu is a better left winger then Nedved. But in Capello's 4-4-2 the left midfielder also has to do a lot of defending, and Mutu's defensive skills are quite poor. Don't forget that Parma focusses most attacking power on their left side (Morfeo and Delvecchio). Mutu hasn't been tested enough this match to see if he can play on the left in a 4-4-2.
True that, however with EMERSON and Vieira in midfield he would not have as much defending to do. He would certainly have to work at it, though.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++Camoranesi was playing quite poorly but scored by toe-poking the ball...well done.
I'm not entirely sure he's having a terrible game. There are definite mistakes he's making in his ball movement among his teammates. The oddity is that it seems he's taken the unusual approach of trying to take things a little into his own hands from time-to-time, and with Camo I am often most critical of his unwillingness to take the shot himself when he's open to it.

His shots have been pretty much in target, though certainly hopeful of a Parma defensive mistake. But seeing that behavior in him is something I was hoping would pay off in an effort to test Parma a little more, since no one else was getting nor creating good looks at the goal. And finally he nailed one of them.

heXan

Sep 24, 2005
They really need someone who can hold on to the ball (Ibra) - good chances goes to waste when midfield doesn't have the time to get up there to support the attackers. The equalizer was a longshot in both terms, Juve is lucky to get 1-1 in HT. Juve has 3 attackers which only wants passes thru the defenceline which is virtually impossible since Parma's defence is/was rock solid.

If I were to be Capello in the second half I would most certainly give Zlatan (targetplayer) 40-35 mins to give Juve a break because this isn't gonna hold for long. DP on for Zala and Zlatan on for Mutu.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)