[Serie A] Parma vs. Juventus (8 Viewers)

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Too much, IMO ..

Having all those attack-minded players in the midfield, and Vieira alone to do all the dirty work is very, VERY, risky..
The point is that both cammo and mutu has to take responsibility in defence. They both have to work their way in the pitch when Blasi and/or Zambo moves up. DP plays as midfielder and works well in defence to.
It´s a normal “diamond”-formation. Very common today.
And with that speed and force on the wings it would be hard to stop us.

Mar 6, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Holygr4le ] ++

The point is that both cammo and mutu has to take responsibility in defence. They both have to work their way in the pitch when Blasi and/or Zambo moves up. DP plays as midfielder and works well in defence to.
It´s a normal “diamond”-formation. Very common today.
And with that speed and force on the wings it would be hard to stop us.
Yes, but with the diamond formation, you're going to need more of natural midfielders.. and even Milan, when they play with that diamond midfield, gattuso's on the right, to provide balance..

Having Mutu and DP, both very attack-oriented players, who will attack often, as their natural role is striker, and not forgetting Camoranesi who loves drifting into the middle as well, and we've got us only one person in the midfield!

Doing what you said, having mutu and Camoranesi work in both defence and offence will restrict their attacking play often, and we'll be better off with the regular 442..

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
well seeing the formation of parma i'm understanding why capello would field alex, mutu and camo , as the latter two werent fielded in the starting line-up against udinese.

The parma defense r not the fastest defense and i think mutu and alex will cause them some problems upfront. I think trezi would score.

Hope we score a good result.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
++ [ originally posted by Nawaf ] ++

Yes, but with the diamond formation, you're going to need more of natural midfielders.. and even Milan, when they play with that diamond midfield, gattuso's on the right, to provide balance..

Having Mutu and DP, both very attack-oriented players, who will attack often, as their natural role is striker, and not forgetting Camoranesi who loves drifting into the middle as well, and we've got us only one person in the midfield!

Doing what you said, having mutu and Camoranesi work in both defence and offence will restrict their attacking play often, and we'll be better off with the regular 442..
I agree even thou I don´t want to...
Would be nice to see that lineup against some weaker teams... Like Messina at home or something...

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Actually, the formation Capello used for Udinese was more like this...

--------------------Abbiati-----------------------

Blasi------Kovac-----Cannavaro------Zambrotta

-----------------Giannichedda-------------------

---Emerson---------------------Vieira-----------

---------Nedved-----------------------------------

------------------Ibrahimovic---------Del Piero--

Pay attention to the exact position these players were located..
Thats correct, But Nedved was supposed to start behind Dp and Ibra..But he started playing a bit only behind Ibra, Because Vieira was pushing towards Dp...about Emerson I saw most of the time next to Gianni.....

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Actually according to today's training session Capello seems likely to rest Nedved, Emerson and Ibrahimovic against Parma and will play a 4-4-2 with Mutu replacing Nedved, Giannichedda instead of Emerson and Trez taking Zlatan's place.

You see, the guys who were panicking after one or two games, that Capello doesn't use the rotation, have been answered :p I guess Cap ain't crap anymore now eh? ;)
I'll wait for the match to see the starting 11...But thanks for the news anyhow....

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Zizou ] ++
Actually according to today's training session Capello seems likely to rest Nedved, Emerson and Ibrahimovic against Parma and will play a 4-4-2 with Mutu replacing Nedved, Giannichedda instead of Emerson and Trez taking Zlatan's place.

You see, the guys who were panicking after one or two games, that Capello doesn't use the rotation, have been answered :p I guess Cap ain't crap anymore now eh? ;)
Did we not see this before, Glen? Every media outlet said we would play a 4-3-3 and rest some players, then when the match arrives we use the same formation and players as the match before. We have seen that too frequently I'm afraid and I will believe the lineup when I see it.

Mindcandy

Aug 4, 2005
The Zlatan performance against Udinese was a 5/10. Against Ascoli it was 5.5/10. Clearly he is lacking confidence. Remember Udinese are always ultra competitive. They deny space well when not in possession, Zlatan was well man-marked throughout the match. Nevertheless we need not lose sight of the fact that throughout most of 93 minutes, Udinese were second best despite their spoiling tactics.

Against Parma, Capello is likely to want to rest the Swede for the Wien match. Mutu will play - I'm sure of this. His guile and pace will complement Trezeguet and Del Piero well against a side whose confidence was badly dented against Roma.

I suspect the back four will be ... Blasi/Kovac/Cannavaro/Chiellini.

Zambrotta, Emerson, Nedved and Ibrahimovic need to be rested.

Maresca

Aug 23, 2004
Capello: "Faremo turnover"
23 09 2005

Alla vigilia della sfida del Tardini contro il Parma, Fabio Capello ha annunciato turnover nella formazione della Juventus.

"Per andare avanti ad alti livelli in un campionato difficile come il nostro dobbiamo fare turnover, anche perché alla pausa molti giocatori saranno comunque impegnati con la Nazionale - ha spiegato l'allenatore bianconero - Difficoltà per le scelte? E' sempre un bene avere ampia disponibilità e l'imbarazzo della scelta; certo, spiace lasciare fuori giocatori che meriterebbero comunque di scendere in campo"

Capello si è poi soffermato sull'impegno di domenica contro gli emiliani: "Il Tardini è sempre un campo difficile ed il Parma ha giocatori di qualità. Oltretutto non mi pare proprio che abbiano problemi in difesa - ha aggiunto l'allenatore juventino - Bisogna poi contare che tutte le squadre che giocano contro di noi si esaltano sempre, quindi dovremo essere molto concentrati”.
-------------------------

capello will make turn over, good chance for mutu hopefully, may be he should rest DP for CL ;)

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Did we not see this before, Glen? Every media outlet said we would play a 4-3-3 and rest some players, then when the match arrives we use the same formation and players as the match before. We have seen that too frequently I'm afraid and I will believe the lineup when I see it.
Hey Andy it's not about the media really; just an indication from Capello. He used that formation during today's training session so there is a good possibility that it will be the starting line-up for tomorrow. Now if he changes his mind at the last moment that's another thing, but as it is now that's the most likely formation ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think we only used the exact same formation in the first two league games then it changed (slightly) in the others.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
i think that it'll be a very tough game cause we all know that Parma always give us hard time on their home soil . Capello must be very alerted for this match cause seeing Parma's ranking these days doesn't show what they can do at Tardini , and i also agree that some players must be rested cause their performance level is going down match by match and therfore resting them will alow these players recharge their strength and return with full power cause we have many tough games coming ahead in Serie A and Champions League .

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
I'm quite sure that Parma wont be that easy. And we shouldn't keep in mind the 4-1 result with Roma...They wouldn't want another negative result, So I hope we'll get into the field Focusing and Playing some good football.

0-2.

aman

Feb 9, 2004
It would be great to see Mutu, DP and Trez play together. If they do, I think it'll be in a 4-3-3 formation rather than Mutu playing on the left in a 4-4-2 formation. Seeing as Del Piero tends to drift to the left a lot, I think Mutu would and DP would step on each other's toes in a 4-4-2 formation. Mutu could play on the left, however, if Trez and Ibra started.

Hopefully, Capello will finally try out the 4-3-3 formation again. I think Ibra needs to be rested and perhaps Emerson and Nedved too. So I'd love to see the formation that some of you have already posted.

-------------------Abbiati----------------------

Blasi------Kovac------Canna--------Zambo

------Camo-------Gianni--------Vieira------

-----------Mutu------------DP----------------
--------------------Trez-----------------------

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Capello tried him on the left instead of Nedved today so if Mutu does play, I think he will play in Nedved's position not as a third forward. Still he will be given space to move forward obviously.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)