SERIE A: Parma - Juventus (5 Viewers)

JuveGuy

Aug 1, 2002
Parma 2-2 Juventus highlights
mms://nc.sina.com.cn/1/sports/20040418_par_juv_300k.asf

Try to use some download manager such as NetTransport or StreamBox, because you can't make it by right click and save as.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
The ONLY positive thing about this game today is that we were DAMN LUCKY to get out of the Tardini with a tie....

If Bresciano knew how to shoot, we'd have lost 4-2 easily...........

We were out attacked, out defended, out- shot, out- passed.......it was ridiculous...which team has a crisis on its hands here ?????????

The same story, week after week- our defense SUCKS, Appiah is useless, Trez has to be at the right place at the right time to make an impact on the game....if he took some lessons from fellow countryman Henry, he would be much more useful.........

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Vinman, you really make me sick! Its every week the same--> You come here after a game, and tell us how bad we are. I can't read your posts, because they are just too stupid!You don't need to support Juve!
Parma is a good team, and they have some good players, and had a fine run, so its no shame to draw against them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Vinman ] ++
We were out attacked, out defended, out- shot, out- passed.......
And starting the first half with the dreaded 4-4-1-1, I'd also have to add "out- coached".

That said, to go into the home stadium of a CL-level contender and come out with a tie isn't necessarily shameful. A blown opportunity this season -- as it has been against many top teams where we only managed a draw -- definitely that too. But the result was respectable, and overall I'd have to say that it was deserved and fair.

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
My comments...

Trezeguet- ABSOLUTELY DEAD!!!! Two 100% per cent one-on-one chances against Frey. Why do you have to shoot INTO the goalkeeper? You make a mistake once, I understand. Why TWICE? Marcello, even the world class players should sit on the bench sometimes, especially when they are out of form. I even get the feeling that Trezeguet is doing all this on purpuse, to get sold asap.

Camoranesi- we've missed him a lot on the right pitch. Everything was going through left.

Appiah- several misspasses, but a great site of the field and contribution to the first goal.

Zambrotta- solid performance, nice dives.

Di Vaio- surprisingly good game. Great goal.

Micolli- another one who gets high marks for me. Great shot before Tudor scored.

Tudor- average game. Scored just because he was in the right place at the right time.

Pesotto- poor performance.

Buffon- slappy mistake in the first half, but a great save during a one-on-one in the second half.

Maresca- very poor. Could have done much better.

As for the referee, it should be clear that Milan is the only team whom referees are helping to this year.
1. First Parma's goal was out of an offside
2. I counted two usage of hands by Parma defenders- that should have been two penalties.

delbecko

Feb 6, 2004
i can't understand mr. lippi !
our target was the second place so we had to win against parma !

now i ask you why does lippi only play with one striker (who is out of form and missed every chance) ?
miccoli is our best striker at the moment and lippi took him on the bench ! why ?
what the hell did iuliano in the starting-eleven ?

it was really a nice game but as usual our defensive sucked ! i know it doesn't matter if we win or not because the season is allready over, but it is even tough a dissapointment !

where was del piero ? is he still injured ?

we have to go trough the cl-qualy and this could be a hard work ! and for me lippi is guilty for that (at least for the biggest part of this season!)

as each week i have to say:

come on lippi get out of here !
we don't need you anymore ! to old, to fearful, to conservative !

your time is over, please go fishing !

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I agree... second place in Seria A guarantees automatic CL participation. We have to play offensively and aggresively.

Trez needs to stay on the bench up until he is at Nou Camp.

Why have so many defenders if they are weak and we have to WIN? Why not 2 strikers? Why do we have to wait until we conceed a goal to release the second striker?

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
Parma's players were great yesterday.. they deserved a win really.. but, we were lucky to draw.. really, I was surprised when Tudor equalized.. could have been a happy ending though if DV scored from that heading..

anyway, the season was over long ago, it's not worth bashing the players ATM.. I mean, put yourselves in their shoes.. how well would you do..?? feeling that they suck BIG TIME.. and would definitely end the season with no trophies.. and some of them are endangered to leave the club.. It is tough.. It really is..

Qaterminator

Nov 15, 2003
Ratings from Gazzeta.it

1 Buffon G. 5.5
21 Thuram L. 5
23 Legrottaglie N. 5.5
13 Iuliano M. 6
7 Pessotto G. 5
20 Di Vaio M. 6
18 Appiah S. 7
3 Tacchinardi A. s.v.
5 Tudor I. 6.5
19 Zambrotta G. 6.5
11 Nedved P. 6.5
14 Maresca E. 5.5
9 Miccoli F. 6.5
17 Trezeguet D. 5.5

Appiah does not deserve that score IMO

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
if i were to rate them:

buffon 5
thuram 6
leggro 5.5
iuliano 5.5
pessotto 5
di vaio 6
appiah 6
tudor 7
zambrotta 7
nedved 6.5
maresca 6
miccoli 6
trezeguet 5

Aug 1, 2003
So I guess it goes this way. Tudor goes all injured every season and comes on once in a while and scores few last minute goals. It happened to parma, to Depor, and IIRC he did score quite a late goal past few seasons against Parma too where we were losing 2-0 and he and Alex made it 2-2 (controversial goal)

My friend says Appiah surprisingly paid a lot of contribution to the team, that's good.

And it's good that Di Vaio scored, woopay!!

Trez, like Pendir said, was absolutely dead.

Seeing that I'm quite fond of Parma, I'm happy Marchionni did okay :)

And please don't bash Juventus mindlessly when it came to this game. Parma was slightly the better team and that's that. We managed to salvage a draw, that was well as it is. You ought to be very much thankful for not losing.

Like Paddy Agnew says, "with the Old lady, it's not over until the final whistle blows"

p/s: Did anyone see Prandelli practically chewing on his nails, wanting to win so badly? :howler:

Lilianna

Apr 3, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Qaterminator ] ++
Ratings from Gazzeta.it

1 Buffon G. 5.5
21 Thuram L. 5
23 Legrottaglie N. 5.5
13 Iuliano M. 6
7 Pessotto G. 5
20 Di Vaio M. 6
18 Appiah S. 7
3 Tacchinardi A. s.v.
5 Tudor I. 6.5
19 Zambrotta G. 6.5
11 Nedved P. 6.5
14 Maresca E. 5.5
9 Miccoli F. 6.5
17 Trezeguet D. 5.5

Appiah does not deserve that score IMO
not the best,but still...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)