SERIE A: Parma - Juventus (2 Viewers)

Amr

Dec 25, 2003
2oday we had 3 captains :D :LOL:

Tach ,then wehen he was subbed, Pessotto then when he was subbed Iuliano took the final one :D

i thought DP will come in and take the captian from Iuliano and then PD will be captain insetad of Iuliano :LOL:

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Great Game! I get to watch it on replay in a hour over here! Its strange, the players who scored today for us and against us have all been mentioned to either come to Juve or leave Juve. Maybe Di Vaio is going to sign that new contract? After tonight, maybe he should! Maybe Tudor should be kept as well. He always scores important goals for us! But we need to get Gilardino, he will be world class!

I love Juve! Forza Juve!

Square

Oct 6, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Stevie11 ] ++
any time juve play against Blasi he always seems to try an hack down all th players who would be starting infront of him when he comes back from loan :D
yeah thats true :LOL:

i remember against perugia last season he hacked down nedved plenty of times.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++
OUR best player today were Buffon (yeah the guy stopped i dont know how many goals today)... Zambro (his first half was just good).... Legro did a good job and some precise tackles... Tudor too.

The guy who i liked most was Miccoli
Definitely an exciting game, even if I am getting a bit tired of starting games a goal down as a regular habit this season.

And as I said on this thread before the game, the 4-4-1-1 does NOT give us a sufficient offensive threat. It was only until we got out of that when things started to really get interesting.

Here's my take on the player performances:

* Buffon: Good game. Had to make up for a few full-blown defensive lapses, and did so in style. His only major mistake, however -- which was costly -- was in not controlling a save in the first half, which allowed Parma's first goal. 7

* Miccoli: Subbed on later in the second half and, particularly towards the end, was simply ON FIRE. Sure, his dribbling, weaving, and dodging to set up the final Di Vaio header at the end of game time was simply inspired. But his ball control that eventually lead to the Tudor equalizer was sublime. You may not have caught it in the replays, but while running to the goal he controlled a cross that came down his right side, he then positioned the ball forward off the back kick of his right heel (amazing), and he took a mid-air shot that could have been one of Juve's goals of the year if not for the post. Luckily Tudor was there to collect. 8

* Trez: Not a bad game. Took full advange of a nice Nedved pass that Frey had to save dead-on. A wide shot on goal here and there, though. 6

* Di Vaio: Great positioning in the second half almost lead to two great goals. 6.5

* Nedved: Nice to see him have a good game. His shots on goal are still wide and high. But it was clear in this game that he showed some great ball control skills and he made some excellent short and deep passes that caused lots of trouble for Parma. 7

* Maresca: Sucked. While he was on the pitch, his mind and body seemed to be at the movie theaters. Poor passes, questionable ball control, dumb fouls, anemic and telegraphed shots on goal, unaware of when he's on the receiving end of a pass, and a general lack of awareness of his teammates. Fortunately, he didn't cost us anything more than a chance at a goal or two. An uncharacteristic 5

* Appiah: Another performance where he's generally pitch "filler". His offensive passes/crosses were (as they are often) too long, as he was a detriment to any offensive efforts. 5.5

* Legrotaglie: Saved us a couple a times, particularly on one errant Iuliano defensive muff. Still, as with the other defenders, got caught out of position a little too often. 6

* Zambrotta: After Tacchinardi had to come off and before we added a second forward, he started sweeping upfield on the wing and created some chances. Not a particularly great game, but a solid performance from perhaps our best player this year. 6.5

* Thuram: Actually had one of his better games in a while. He helped construct a little offensive chaos. Still, he shares the overall defensive blame for some serious lapses. 6

* Tudor: 6 (points for the goal, of course ;) )
* Pessotto: 5.5
* Iuliano: 5.5

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
well i am happy that we drew in this game..anyone who watched the game, could you please tell me : how were gila and ferrari doing.?
Gila was held in check for most of the first half of the game. The defense -- and largely Legrotaglie, IMO -- did their jobs. By the second half when Juve added a forward and started to press more, the backfield had greater exposure but didn't really step up to the challenge ... and on one such opportunity (a blown offside trap), that's where he got his goal (and left the game injured). But it was a characteristically opportunistic Parma offense.

Ferrari, IMO, isn't going to be courting big GBP from the Premiership after today's game. Didn't have a bad game, but he didn't factor into much of the action from what I could tell.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Stuart ] ++
Maresca was in the box! It doesn't matter whether it's a minor or major foul, but when you're brought down in the box you are supposed to receive a penalty. The worst part about it is that Parma then proceeded towards our goalbars and scored!
It actually looked to me as if he were just outside it.

Maresca had such a pathetic game, he probably would have sent the ball into the stands if he took the kick anyway.:down:

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
well i am happy that we drew in this game..anyone who watched the game, could you please tell me : how were gila and ferrari doing.?
I thought that both Gilardino and Ferrari were very impressive.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Maresca wasn't that bad, he looked threatening everytime he was on the ball.
I agree with you. Maresca was along with Zambrotta our most dangerous player in the first half.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Dominic ] ++
Maresca wasn't that bad, he looked threatening everytime he was on the ball.
I'm normally a fan. But, IMO, he flat out did not show up for today's game. Not looking for the pass when it came to him, poor shooting choices when he should have passed, and turnovers when he tried to pass. He cost us a few good offensive opportunities in the first half.

He's capable of a lot better ... of being truly threatening, instead of merely looking the part.

For today, we were better with him off the pitch than on it.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
Lippi Draws Positive And Negative Points From Match Against Parma

04/18/2004. Marcello Lippi had positive and negative points to draw from today's match against Parma, but was generally satisfied of the overall performance of his team.

The Juventus coach declared: "There have been many good and bad things today: at first we held the game well, the defect was that they scored in the first chance they had. In the second half we tried to draw level and risked in the central part of the second half as we gave away a couple of chances on counter attack."

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
it's ok , nuthin is over for the 2nd place guys , roma won :< , shiit i don't i love my juve and i still believe we could do the 2nd place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)