Serie A: Palermo vs Juventus [April 6th, 2008] (3 Viewers)

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
In his two years in Juve, in 76 serie A matches, only once we went 0:2 down (0:3 in this case). Not even once apart from that Milan match we were losing by 2 goals or more during a match (in serie A , i mean)

But in Coppa and in CL it happened a lot.

Buy on AliExpress.com

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
I ve spoken with a keeper coach, some years ago about the goalies positioning.
The keeper should follow the move of the ball more than the player and the reasons goalies move closer to cover the near post, is because that they can efficiently cover every angle of the posts,equally, thats the idea behind it!
Just try to draw two imaginary lines from Amauri's position to each and every of our posts and place Buffon right in the middle, IMO Buffon was too close to the close post, he should be one more step to the left, if he was there, he could try and intercept that ball and i wouldnt say that shot was curly enough to go off the straight line with the long post, if it was, then indeed there was nothing Buffon could do, i still havent watched the game to a full resolution TV and i may be wrong here....

For the second goal, i didnt accuse Buffon, Fontana blocked a much harder ball from Treze, using his reflexes, good positioning and his luck.
Buffon wasnt there, the ball changed possession too fast and he wasnt in a place to react, it was 100% Chiellini's fault

But for the third goal i think Buffon could do, much much better than that and i believe, even you agree with me:heart:

Nice thought on punishing Chiellini,:lol: but i m afraid that our team here took that blow, more than every other one, we lost our last chances for a direct CL qualification because of this!
Every one should try and do his best, our team is full of average material and a few champions, we expect from our champions to do the difference. Buffon yesterday had a sub par day, he conceded 3 goals and cleared one or two, that doesnt chances the fact, that he i still the best keeper on the world, but i am only worried of his current form and his back problems.
Well we have come to an understanding i guess but i can't blame buffom 100% for that third goal. It just pisses me off that one player was out to close down the player on the edge of the box.

I'm not disputing that, but i dont see a difference between this Sissoko and the Liverpool one, in Liverpool he used play his heart out and fly into tackles everywhere too. I just find it odd, that people used to call him a headless chicken, and now all of a sudden he's one of the best dm's in the world.
I wasn't the biggest of admirer of mommo tbh but it was more of a need issue than anything else ( also down to the fact that i had high hopes for a certain antonio nocerino)

Also what allen said is right here, but most of all the phrase " you're as good as your last gig" comes into play here. Most ppl remember you're bad days not the days you were just good and only a few remember you're good days. This season he was just awful and thats what ppl remember. I've seen a couple of games where he couldn't pass to save his life and then he goes and lunges into a challenge.

On on another point i think he recognised his own limitations and is not trying over excessively with some passes and only sticking to his own strengths.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
You can't really say that. Since 1994 till now Capello never accepted to take over an average squad with only few world class players and with limited budget transfer.

It's easy to say how things would be diff under Capello when infact it's not.
I have nothing against Capello. But i think Rab is right about this, Capello takes teams with a very good base, and wins with them. He doesnt build teams. I dont think he would have done much of a better job this season with Juve.

LOL Alen :howler:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oa4N-ypfPGw

This example and almost a WHOLE season of stuff like that proves what Fred is saying. His stint with Pool was in overall exceptional, showed he was perhaps the best destroyer and tackler in the game. He isnt a great footballer, but a great destroyer almost to perfection.

I really do think his football really suffered drastically after the eye injury against Benfica, his passing was improving and he had added subtly to his game, but then he lost form and it never came back. His first season was amazing, in the sense that he turned a team who were associated with being quite soft and not able to handle the physical side, to a a team who were able to stand up to the opponents.

So to summarize his Pool stint, first as amazing as he has been for us, then he get a dangerous eye injury, is gone a bit, comes back and only really performs against Barcelona after the injury (everyone harps on the Barca game but he was like that all the time before his injury) but in general had tough time getting going. Was benched every other game, lost his confidence drastically game by game and it showed in his game where he played totally disastrous due to it (this is the time when he was called a headless chicken, but this didnt define as a player in overall IMO, even if he seemed hopeless).

He needed a change because Pool wasnt willing to wait for him to bounce up and recover again due to his simple mistakes (seriously astounding how his performance is linked to his confidence, when missed normal stuff, while for us he is showing blitzing moves like against Inter etc), and Pool moved on with Mascherano (football is tough and harsh sport) who is the overall better player (but even then, Momo being benched or getting sold wasnt something Pool fans expected, until he kept playing like a player with zero confidence). Now he has gotten that change and now plays true to how he was before his nasty eye injury, showing himself to be one of the best destroyers in the game, and easily the best tackler in the game.

Thats Momo in a nutshell, him being a great DM with a monstrous potential is nothing new he has only done for Juventus. Watch that clip I linked in this post if you believe otherwise.

P.S I wasnt sold on gambling on Momo, mainly because he needed a creator instead of a DM, and for the rumoured big price tag, but even then I couldnt help getting frustrated trying to explain to those who were exaggerating 100% of how bad Momo is, tried to no avail explain he has shown he is a great DM potentially even if he looked hopeless after he was benched.
+rep
Top post, agree with every single bit of it.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm not disputing that, but i dont see a difference between this Sissoko and the Liverpool one, in Liverpool he used play his heart out and fly into tackles everywhere too. I just find it odd, that people used to call him a headless chicken, and now all of a sudden he's one of the best dm's in the world.
No matter what everyone here is saying, Sissoko is and always will be a very bad passer. The bright side here is that he doesn't need to be one. Matching him with Tiago or Cristiano Zanetti could do wonders for our team. Fielding Nocerino is disastrous.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
True, his passing is poor, especially when he tries the spectacular long ball. He's yet to play alongside Zanetti though, right??

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He played, dont expect to ever be impressed by CZ again defensively when he has Momo taking of everything and upstaging him. BUt thankfully CZ is in overall the better player, he is our assist leader after all, hehe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)