[SERIE A] Palermo 0-2 JUVENTUS (21/02/09) (4 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Buffon 7

Grygera 5.5
Legro 6
Chiellini 6.5
Molinaro 6

Sissoko 7
Tiago 6.5
Nedved 7 :star:
Camoranesi 5

Iaquinta 4.5
Trezeguet 6.5

Ranieri: Everything went good. Good win for the moral before CL match. Still not that happy Ale didn't make it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Buffon deserves more IMO
Maybe.

icεmαή;1906851 said:
Good ratings, except that Neddy drifted off in the second half.
True but I really loved how he played in the first half.

I agree for the midfield and attack.

I would give Buffon and all the defenders 0.5 more than you gave them.
Somehow I didn't like our defense and especially in the first half where Cavani caused some problems.Maybe Chiellini deserves more but not Grygera who failed many times.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
hardly the most convincing performance tonight but 3 points were the most important thing and we go into the chelsea game on a high.

Chiellini looked like his old self today and was so good to see trezeguet return, even better to see him score

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I'm gonna give the old MOM to Super GIGI for the second game in a row...

Without a couple early stops (and luck) this could have been a much different game. They hit the bar, had a penalty for handling denied, and really, this could have been a MUCH different match.

A huge problem seems to be that Ranieri has created a style intended to prevent losses, instead of one that ambitiously attempts to seize victories... We just sit back and wait, instead of upgrading our offense through subs. Our D is not strong or organized enough to simply sit back and absorb pressure. I thought we were going to concede a late one again...

I suppose he's never heard of "the best defense is a good offense." I mean, that adage is incredibly cliche, but we need some players out there who can control possession FFS. Once Camo was subbed off, there was basically no one in midfield to pull the strings... (Tiago has been better recently than he was today, but in my opinion he's not the answer).

Amaurisimo

Dec 8, 2007
Number 1 preventable issue for this team: Pavel playing 90 every week (and sometimes twice a week).
cos he runs, and creates more than others..Last few games he has been in outstanding form..

It was great match to watch, i really loved it..Even more as it came unexpected, knowingly that Palermo is hard to beat especially at home and all pressure mounted recently on players and coach.

We had great test for our defenders and they passed it, but i was not very happy with Tiago today. Maybe he got over confident suddenly enough?

If we want to pass Chelsea, we must do better than this..

Is it DP time to show his worth?

On Ranieri front, i would say he was almost perfect, however i would use 3rd sub and change Nedved with Gio right after 2nd goal.

Anyway respect, and see you tomorrow..

Forza Juve

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Well, a good win and we really needed it. Of critical importance was holding on in the first 5-10 minutes where Palermo was cracking our defense like a can opener. Some really stellar play by Gigi, but some of the luck we didn't have against Samp helped us with the crossbar here. This could have easily been another come-from-behind problem by giving up the early goal.

Throughout most of the first half, Juve looked terrible in one-on-ones. The only thing beating Palermo in one-on-one situations was themselves. But thanks to Sissoko -- whose aggressive forward play, dribbling skills, and sweet finish schooled Iaquinta on how to play as a forward today -- we got a lead that really opened things up for us. We've been giving up the first goal far too often in recent games, and it has hurt us badly.

By the second half we absorbed a lot of pressure. The first part of the second half we let too much on ourselves and didn't counter enough. But somehow we managed to keep the lead. And thanks to Amauri for the insurance goal. Trez may have broke his duck, but that goal was all Amauri.

Buffon - 8 - Flawless game pretty much. Hard not to give him MOM.

Grygera - 5 - I really don't like this guy, and games like today prove why. What is it with our right backs? Whether Grygera or Mellberg, neither can make a simple upfield pass that does not immediately target the opposing team. Maddening. The only redeeming thing in his play was when Marchionni came on -- because then you realize he's no longer the worst player on the pitch for us.

Legrottaglie - 6.5 - Some great clears away from the box. Good play today.

Chiellini - 7 - Now that is the real Chiellini. Some errant passes upfield, but overall I can't knock having the real Chiellini back.

Molinaro - 6.5 - In the past few weeks, I would argue that Molinaro has arguably been our best defender. Whether that's a statement about Molinaro's tendency to play well for a while, or more a reflection of how poorly the rest of the defense was playing, is hard to say -- a bit of both. But Molinaro decided to play well today. Good crosses. Nice passing triangles with his teammates. And other than being upfield when an occasional wing attack came the other way, he prevented a lot of dangerous play.

Nedved - 6.5 - He found himself open with the ball a lot. Just that his choices with what to do with it were often a little questionable. Sometimes held on too long. But he wasn't slow today. He looked good and had a good pace with the ball.

Tiago - 6 - Good, albeit not great, outing.

Sissoko - 7.5 - He totally got schooled by Liverani in the first half, and it almost cost us. But I have to redeem him for not only some of his solid midfield play at both ends, but a fantastic goal that should make any forward envious. It changed the game at the right time too.

Camoranesi - 6 - That yellow card was bogus. Decent game, but not one of his better ones.

Trezeguet - 6.5 - He nailed the sitter from Amauri with a lucky bounce. But he looked pretty sharp. Extra points for some of his build-up play, even if he missed a pass here and there.

Iaquinta - 4.5 - Useless. Spent most of the time on his ass falling over. Took too deep desperation shots when he had a window. Didn't create anything with his teammates. Best play of the day was chesting the ball inadvertently back to Sissoko that lead to the first goal. Meaning: his best act was getting out of the way.

Subs:

Marchionni - 4 - Dreadful. He is quite literally a massive liability on the pitch. Can't hold possession. Can't create much on the wing (didn't at all for any crossing today). But worst of all, the guy cannot mark on defense any better than Stephen Hawking. Bad passes. Turnovers. It's like he has that cloud around him like Pig Pen on the Peanut's cartoon. But instead of dirt, it's lousy play. Useless.

Amauri - 7 - Brilliant play on the second goal. Some great footwork while he was on.

Poulsen - NR

Coach:

Ranieri - 6 - We won in Palermo due to some luck with not giving up the early goal, having a great play from Momo, and hanging on in the second half. This easily could have been a very different match. But the team settled down after the beginning and played a decent match overall. Subs? OK.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Душан;1906876 said:
:shocked:

I think he was pretty good.
Wasn't impressed with him at all. He had a horrible 2nd half, I also noticed that he was ignoring Pavel, trying not to pass him the ball several times.

Mafia

Pinturicchio
Jul 21, 2006
Buffon was ballin' today, MOTM for sure, the others had a good game, but i must say palermo were desperately unlucky, but thats football, now to prepare for Chelsea, can't wait for the bridge.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Wasn't impressed with him at all. He had a horrible 2nd half, I also noticed that he was ignoring Pavel, trying not to pass him the ball several times.
I think he was pretty decent in the first half where he added some creativty.In the second half he played 20 minutes but can't blame him because they all dropped with their performances.

I think he deserves 6 but I might be wrong.

May 4, 2004
Ranieri: Everything went good. Good win for the moral before CL match. Still not that happy Ale didn't make it.

I can only prise him for resting Alex..
But what really annoys me is his subs!.. Why the hell sub players so late in a game? :S He wanted Poulsen and payed 10m € for him, just to sub him 3 min before the end of a game!.. And he does it all the time, in every game, with different players!.. He should have made that sub right after the 2'nd goal!

Or give Neddy some rest and let Gio play the last 15 min..! ARRGHHH

Anyway a great win it was!..

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
cos he runs, and creates more than others..Last few games he has been in outstanding form..

On Ranieri front, i would say he was almost perfect, however i would use 3rd sub and change Nedved with Gio right after 2nd goal.

Forza Juve
With all due respect friend, I think that Pavel's play has now deteriorated to the point where a decent performance from him today now elicits responses such as "he has been in outstanding form."

He may appear to be running more, but I think that is in part because he covers ground very slowly. He can't take on defenders, his previously devastating shot left him a couple seasons ago, and he basically spends half the game trying to draw fouls because he can't run away from anyone. So he ends up spending half the game on his ass.

It's all relative I guess. He was better today then he has been, but I am of the opinion that Seba would provide this team with a couple of dimensions they are sorely lacking... namely, pace and creativity.

Giovinco has produced quite well in limited opportunities, and typically that would earn a player more chances. Not so under Ranieri, it would seem.

Now we're going to see a tired Pavel run out for 90 against a Chelsea team that is light years ahead of Palermo. It makes no sense.

I find Ranieri's sub patterns perplexing, actually borderline infuriating, but that could just be me.

EDIT: Actually, there's no way in hell that it could just be my opinion... hehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)