[Serie A] Palermo 0-1 JUVENTUS (December 9, 2012) (6 Viewers)

Palermo v Sicily's No. 1 Team MOM?

• Lichtsteiner

• Vidal

• Bonucci

• Vucinic

• Barzagli

Results are only viewable after voting.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We played not that bad, but wasteful just like last season. Matri is bad we should bench him for life and in January sell. He was so useless it's not even funny.

Licht is MOM for me.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
I am still astonished at the 1 v 1 tackle Bonbon made against Miccoli with Miccoli running at him at full pace. Bonbon continues to surprise. His dive was truly world class. It was so good that I thought the ref would pity him instead of carding him :D

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Decent enough performance all things considered.

Slow start, but started to find spaces after about half an hour.

Palermo did pretty well to keep things tight in the first half. Didn't really understand their attacking change at halftime.

Juve were then able to find space much more easily and the goal was pretty inevitable - even if it was brilliant play that brought it in the end.

Thought it was remarkably stupid of both teams to keep playing down the wet side of the pitch in the second half, and even stupider to try and dribble and pass the ball down that side.

Still, Juve saw the game out comfortably enough. It's only a matter of time until Juve pay for not finishing teams off with all the chances they get once they are ahead, though.

Very impressed with Juve's fitness levels. They were still going pretty strong at the end, despite playing a tough game in European game in midweek and then playing on an energy-sapping pitch today.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Red :tup:

Agree 100% with all of that. Unfortunately we will probably drop points again before the end of the season due our wastefulness infront of goal. Llorente/Drogba/LewAdowaki etc can't come here soon enough.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think players are so accustomed to playing on good pitches these days that they have forgotten how to cope with adverse consditions.

Alternatively, being ahead, Juve may have been quite happy for the game to remain (literally) bogged down on that side of the pitch.

:boh:

Jul 1, 2010
Both formations are good.

The advantage we have with the 3-5-2 is the ability to use Bonucci as a ball-playing defender situated just behind Pirlo. The 4-3-3 would make more sense if we had a solid LB and a good lone striker.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Considering licht and asamoah seemingly able to neutralise allmost any flank in the world
vidal potentially best defensive mid in the world. i cant think of a better one tbh

3-5-2 has most chance to bring succes, because you kill the opponents chance creation, and rely on your 2 forwards linking midfield to attack, and two cm's making offensive runs.
Llorente+vucinic. GOOD LUCK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)