[SERIE A] Old Lady vs Old Men (12/14/08) (1 Viewer)

Man of the most beautiful match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchionni

• Marchisio

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• De Ceglie

• Zanetti

• Iaquinta

• Ronaldinho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I thought Camoranesi missed the game vs Milan also last year.
He missed the first match but he was amazing in the second match. He set up Del Piero's goal, then made the cross to Trez that led to the second goal and assisted the third goal.
2 assists for Camo on that match and he also gets the credit for Salihamidzic's first goal.

OP
Azzurri7

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #424
    He missed the first match but he was amazing in the second match. He set up Del Piero's goal, then made the cross to Trez that led to the second goal and assisted the third goal.
    2 assists for Camo on that match and he also gets the credit for Salihamidzic's first goal.
    Thats right. I remember his first assist to Ale (they were down the right dribbling past Maldini and another player) and I remember his 3rd.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
    Why isn't Ronaldinho in Channel 4's predicted line ups?

Juventus (probable): Manninger; Grygera, Mellberg, Chiellini, Molinaro; Marchionni, Sissoko, Marchisio, Nedved; Amauri, Del Piero

Milan (probable): Abbiati; Zambrotta, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Flamini, Emerson, Ambrosini; Kaka; Pato, Shevchenko

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
    Apr 2, 2007
    I also don't like seeing Marchionni starting this match, but who knows, maybe it will be a great call at the end.
    Many players give their best performances against one particular team. Grygera's doing that against Genoa, Trez is doing that against Empoli, Del Piero against Parma, Cruz against Juve, Seedorf against Juve etc.

Well, Milan are Marchionni's cup of team. 3 goals on 6 matches against Milan while he was playing for Parma (2 of them scored in that 3:4 defeat when he probably played the best match in his career).
    He also scored a goal and played very well on that 45 minute friendly against Milan in the summer.

Am i being way too optimistic? :D

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    I also don't like seeing Marchionni starting this match, but who knows, maybe it will be a great call at the end.
    Many players give their best performances against one particular team. Grygera's doing that against Genoa, Trez is doing that against Empoli, Del Piero against Parma, Cruz against Juve, Seedorf against Juve etc.

Well, Milan are Marchionni's cup of team. 3 goals on 6 matches against Milan while he was playing for Parma (2 of them scored in that 3:4 defeat when he probably played the best match in his career).
    He also scored a goal and played very well on that 45 minute friendly against Milan in the summer.

Am i being way too optimistic? :D
    No!

I hope he scores and proves the statistics right! :xfinger:

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    i don't prefer Zanetti for this game as he seemed somehow new to the game in the match against Bate after his long injury layoff. Marchisio will start ..

Esteban

Mar 6, 2005
    Yeah, we didn't play even remotely well once with the Sissoko-Marchisio duo out there. From the top of my head Sampdoria, Cagliari, Lecce and Inter away, we played some of our worst football this season in those games and a lot of it had to do with these two unable to combine or even hold up the ball. I would be extremely dissappointed if Ranieri once again refuses to see this. I'm not saying let's change the formation but Marchisio most definitely shouldn't be in there.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
    Yeah, we didn't play even remotely well once with the Sissoko-Marchisio duo out there. From the top of my head Sampdoria, Cagliari, Lecce and Inter away, we played some of our worst football this season in those games and a lot of it had to do with these two unable to combine or even hold up the ball. I would be extremely dissappointed if Ranieri once again refuses to see this. I'm not saying let's change the formation but Marchisio most definitely shouldn't be in there.
    Do you know who passed the ball to DC prior to his cross and Amauri goal against Lecce?

And why don't you take a look at the winning goal against Cagliari. By that I mean the whole action, where our entire midfield and attack touched the ball.

I wouldn't call this partnership "unable" to do things.

Huzi

Oct 9, 2002
    When Zanetti regains his best form i assume the ideal partnership in the midfield would be Sissoko - Zanetti ; but till that time comes Marchisio must have his chances

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)