[SERIE A] Old Lady vs Old Men (12/14/08) (5 Viewers)

Man of the most beautiful match

• Manninger

• Grygera

• Mellberg

• Chiellini

• Molinaro

• Marchionni

• Marchisio

• Sissoko

• Amauri

• Del Piero

• Nedved

• De Ceglie

• Zanetti

• Iaquinta

• Ronaldinho

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
no offence to dinosaurus but the reason was Berlusconi.
WHAT?!?!?!

So I guess Berlu is the one that put the ball of the back of the net to win all those CL titles.

I've never heard that one b4. We won not because of the players, not because of the coaching, not because we were better than the other team, not even because we were lucky on the day.

But because of a man who sits in the stands and has a perma tan.

Give me a break!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Look at milan before berlusconi era, you'll understand.
Well, of course they were better after Berlusconi took over, since he invested a lot in the team and bought the best players.
Their CLs from '89, '90 and '94 were well deserved. They were by far the strongest team on paper, they played the best football (not in '94, though. In 1994 they were tactically the best) and no other team but Milan deserved those CL's.
In 1993 they were also the best but unlucky in the final. In 2005 they played the best football in Europe but again they were unlucky in the final.

In 2003 and 2007 they might not have been the best but they were among the best and they had the luck (together with all the other ingridients needed) to win the CL.

I guess you talk about their CL from 2007?
I agree with you if that's what you think. Berlusconi played a huge part in Milan winning this CL because without his media power and the CL rights his company possessed, Milan wouldn't have played at all in CL that year. He bought them that CL participance when in fact they should have been suspended from CL, as they were initially.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
There is a fine line between winning and buying a Scudetto, I suppose.

See: Inter.

Though they've been trying to buy the Scudetto for years, they finally broke through with a combination formula of buying it and sending lawyers after their competition in back-alley justice systems.

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
I guess you talk about their CL from 2007?
I agree with you if that's what you think. Berlusconi played a huge part in Milan winning this CL because without his media power and the CL rights his company possessed, Milan wouldn't have played at all in CL that year. He bought them that CL participance when in fact they should have been suspended from CL, as they were initially.
I've never did my research or looked in depth as to why the decision to re-instate us to CL that year was granted.

But Porto was to be banned this year for the CL as was I think Steaua Bucharest by their leagues. Only to have the decison appealed and won, and them participate.

If anyone should be upset about that it's Palermo. Who should have been granted the CL spot that year. But I never hear anything from them.

Only Juve fans who keep bringing it up and seem to be the ones who can't let go.

That's done!!!

We're not in it this year....so consider this year as the 07' year.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
And that's the point we're lacking a player like Zlatan & Amauri. Boriello was supposed to be that player. But has been less than convincing.

Although looking the same...this years team IMO wouldn't lose to Arsenal in a two legged fixture. Roma defeating us has been far less than comfortable for them last year inparticular.

Milan last year dominated by Roma...we had the lion share of the possession and created many chances. But we lacked a World Class striker to take those chances. The scoring chances were swallowed by Gila last year. (Just like Boriello has swallowed some this year) But I don't expect the same result this year.

But you never know though...Ronaldinho, Kaka & Pato are still learning to play together. (their mistakes are quite comical and frustrating to watch) Boriello still hasn't found his stride. And we desperatly need a CB also. (and freakin Ancelotti has to learn to there are other formations other than the x-mas tree)

If and when these things are resolved...we'll be extremely hard to beat.

All in all we will be entertained come Sunday...I just think that since we're not in CL, the team is gonna take these games with the big boys much more seriously than usual.
shame on Milan management for not seeing that Boriello was just a one-hit wonder....he started out strong last season, but didnt score almost the entire second half of the season

Mr. Anonymous

Look up & you'll see me
Jan 10, 2008
shame on Milan management for not seeing that Boriello was just a one-hit wonder....he started out strong last season, but didnt score almost the entire second half of the season
You're preaching to the choir on that one...I never wanted him re-called. And things are turning out how I expected them to with him.

Freakin Gila part deux!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)