[Serie A] nipples soccer 2-0 JUVENTUS (March 30th 2014) (20 Viewers)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I obviously don't expect us to win 100% of the matches with 3-4 goals advantage, nor do I expect us to press like mad while playing every three days.
Neither do I but I don't go saying that Napoli out-muscled us because we are tired. I shut up at the tired excuse when we played Parma, Catania and Genoa and got out-run for most of the time during the matches.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
And conte makes reference to the emergency injury situation and the one game every 3 days stat....

Maybe rotate 1 or 2 players and make your subs warier than the 88th minute next year?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
And conte makes reference to the emergency injury situation and the one game every 3 days stat....

Maybe rotate 1 or 2 players and make your subs warier than the 88th minute next year?
You don't rotate so late in the season when more than half of your squad has barely touched a match ball up until February.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Contes sub timing sucks, as does his lack of rotation

instead of slotting a sub or two in our team against weak opposition, we run our starting XI into the ground then play a complete B team.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

We need better depth and mostly in the midfield area. I had numerous debates before the start of the season on this subject. Having a good 5th mid is certainly not overcrowding as some suggested.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We need better depth and mostly in the midfield area. I had numerous debates before the start of the season on this subject. Having a good 5th mid is certainly not overcrowding.
I had the same debate at the beginning of the season that we lack depth but Marotta fanboys shut me up by saying what a deep team he has built. Apparently not a single player of them has Conte's confidence.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Okay defeats can happen.We were outplayed by them.I just understand some things.
What is that obssesion of Conte with playing Llorente?.The guy did not give a SINGLE right pass to anyone.I was writing all the time why he did not play Mirko?
Osvaldo although works somekind hard is worth about 6-7 mil not 20.Why the fuck Conte dont play Quag-Mirko ?It would be far better partnership than this Llorente-Osvaldo_Obviously Conte is in love with Llorente.He was slow,bad passing,bad positioning etc.And Vidal is not tired.He was injured and Conte played him whole game.
I am positive that if we had Mirko-Quag (who was not on the bench either) we will score at least one.This game was a shameful one for us.Yes we a more than favourites for winning the scudetto but not with this kind of display.Tevez is out and suddenly we are a mediocre team.
It is always the same .Conte changes nothing.Last couple months Pogba is awful,Vidal is bad,Lichteiner is awful,Pirlo is under his capabilities .
This is not opinion from this game.I really,really dont think that we will win EL.There are some very good teams .Not with this display .And title is not ours yet.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Didn't you say they rotated a lot more?

Plus we had our minds to Lyon game and they always give their all against us.
For me rotation is an essential tool for teams playing in top leagues and in Europe. We have this tool on the unreachable shelf.

Let's see how we will approach the Lyon game, at the moment I cannot comment on that....

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
We look tired in pre-season. Tired at the start of the season, we come to life during the middle of the season then from Jan-Feb onwards we're back to being exhausted.

Something is clearly wrong here. My money is on our system asking too much of our players. Especially the midfielders and wing backs

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We look tired in pre-season. Tired at the start of the season, we come to life during the middle of the season then from Jan-Feb onwards we're back to being exhausted.

Something is clearly wrong here. My money is on our system asking too much of our players. Especially the midfielders and wing backs
But how come when we almost never press?

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
Roma after their incredible start of the season dropped points against the most unusual opponents.
and yet you expect them to win pretty much all of their remining matches? because that´s kinda what they will have to do if they want to stand any chance...

furthermore, you are completely ignoring one thing as well: one of the main reasons we had some, let´s say not so convincing games, is that we weren´t able to rotate as much as we should have because of injuries/suspensions.
as long as we don´t suffer a couple of new injuries our squad situation should be improving week by week from now. especially vucinic and barzagli will probably give us a great boost. furthermore all of our midfielders picked up their bans recently (vidal today) so they should be available for the rest of the season. same goes for tevez. you probably don´t really rate players like ogbonna or peluso but they will still give us a lot more options, especially in games against livorno at home etc....
i´m 100% convinced that the title race is over and yes, i expect roma to win against parma.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
But how come when we almost never press?
We're saving our energy for 2016 when we'll mount a serious UCL challenge.

In all honesty, I think the formation doesn't allow us to press, because it means we can easily get exposed on the wings, amongst other things.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)