[Serie A] nipples soccer 2-0 JUVENTUS (March 30th 2014) (26 Viewers)

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
Time to reflect.

I am not mad at the loss but upset at the manner it came. We are by far the best team in the league but for a long period of time we have not shown it and not cared to show it. Today totally displayed what we have been doing since December, we got out smarted, out played and out muscled. Napoli got the better of us in every aspect of the game, in every department and on every inch on the field. We did not cause a single threat on their goal and up to the 20th minute we could have been 4 goals down where it not for Buffon and some luck. Just as we started to get in the match we conceded and there were no signs that we are able to get over that handicap.

I know this team and I know of its potential but this season we have on more than multiple occasions refused to show our potential. The excuses were plenty, in the beginning it was new forwards, later on it was conserving energy and now we are blaming fatigue. Napoli have played the exact same amount of league matches as we did, they have played the exact same amount of CL matches as we did (against a much harder group), they have even played MORE Coppa Italia matches and still we were the tired team and they were the resting team.

Our approach is said to be paralyse opponents, in the first 12 minutes Napoli had 5 corners, Buffon had two miraculous saves and Callejon's goal was luckily ruled out for offside. Where did we paralyse Napoli? Actually they did more than just paralyse us. Enough excuses, the team has to live up to its potential and its Conte's job to do so. I was told that in March we start blazing, March is over, what will we do in April?

Buffon 7

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 4.5
Vidal 4.5
Pirlo 5.5
Pogba 3.5
Asamoah 4.5

Llorente 3
Osvaldo 3

Vucinic 6
Marchisio 4.5
Isla 4
:tup:

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Luckily for us he knows that the league is not won.
That knowledge will only bring luck to Lyon, I'm afraid.

Do you know how much it takes for us to lose this scudetto?
Roma needs to beat: Parma, Cagliari, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Milan, Catania, Juventus, Genoa.

Juve needs to lose to Roma, and also lose 6 points against: h- Livorno, a- Udinese, h - Sassuolo, a- Bologna, h- Atalanta, h- Cagliari.
In other words, we must lose 9 points against teams we beat 7-0-0 in the first part of the season, with a 20:2 goal difference. 5 of these 7 matches are against teams from the bottom part of the table (11-20 place) and against the bottom teams we only have a 15-0-0 record so far.

That's really possible and worth risking the EL, or isn't it?
Especially since the tired starters are giving even less than a rested bench player.

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
Yes this is the second season now we have been poor for a sustained period of time. I think it has a lot to do with the tactics Conte sets us up with. We no longer press the opposition now so we dont win the ball high up the pitch to start quick attacks with.

We soak up the pressure now and counter attack with very slow build up play which gives the opposition plenty of time to get into position to stop us. Why play a defensive game if we cant counter attack effectively? We are far to slow have no width to stretch the opposition and rely on to many flicks to come off to open up the play with the strikers.

There is a huge lack of creativity and speed in this team which is the result of our poor performances a lot of the time. Vidal has to go to the wings a lot to stop the opposition wingers making him cover huge amounts of ground on his own and on top of that has to attack as well.

Conte is not seeing any of this though and thinks everything is ok playing this kind of football.
I agree completely with what your saying. My worry is that conte can see it but isn't trying to proactively address it just because the results are coming. Or moreover, an even bigger concern I have is that conte doesn't know how to change it. I don't want to compare conte to mourinho but the thing with mou is that he notices things aren't working and can change a tactic, style or the rhythm instantly. In 3 years watching conte I can honestly say I don't remember him ever having that impact, certainly not mid game. But is that something he can learn or is that a natural skill?

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004

Roma needs to beat: Parma, Cagliari, Atalanta, Fiorentina, Milan, Catania, Juventus, Genoa.

Juve needs to lose to Roma, and also lose 6 points against: h- Livorno, a- Udinese, h - Sassuolo, a- Bologna, h- Atalanta, h- Cagliari.
In other words, we must lose 9 points against teams we beat 7-0-0 in the first part of the season, with a 20:2 goal difference. 5 of these 7 matches are against teams from the bottom part of the table (11-20 place) and against the bottom teams we only have a 15-0-0 record so far.

Especially since the tired starters are giving even less than a rested bench player.
The second half of the table is when the small teams fight for survival, Livorno, Bologna, Sassuolo and Cagliari can all be relegated.
The second reality that you are totally ignoring is the way we have played since December, yes the results were there but don't kid yourself, we have been abysmal. It's been a while that I complained because we were crunching results and I am afraid that we won't be able to keep that pace.

It's nice that you mentioned rotation, whose fault is it that we don't rotate? Who is it that does not have confidence in the bench players? Not having them played and not letting them become part of the team?

The EL is and will always be risked because we never really cared about it.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009

The problem is any of those teams play against us like its the last day of their lives. So nothing is certain. All it takes is 2 back to back draws and we're screwed.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The problem is any of those teams play against us like its the last day of their lives. So nothing is certain. All it takes is 2 back to back draws and we're screwed.
Roma after their incredible start of the season dropped points against the most unusual opponents.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Juve fell into the trap of semi adjusting to Napoli and they ended up playing in a nothingy fashion.

It was always going to be an awkward tactical match-up for Juve, but they needed to either properly commit to playing their own game - dominating the midfield to such an extent that Napoli's advantage on the wings wouldn't be a major issue - or they had to fully adapt to taking on Napoli, which would have involved a tweaking of the shape to get an extra man in a wider position.

As it was, Juve went in between. Vidal and Pogba sort of drifted wide, but not enough to stop Napoli dominating the flanks, but they were pulled deep enough and wide enough that Juve didn't have the presence in the middle of the pitch to harrass Inler and Jorginho to try and stop them dictating the game.

It was only in the second half that Juve adjusted - by pushing the right wing-back high up the pitch and keeping the midfielders more central - that Juve were able to impose themselves on the game and push Napoli back a bit. Juve had enough control to get into quite a few good positions, but the final ball or decision was never good enough to actually create a real chance.

For all Napoli were the better side, their goals came at points where Juve were actually doing okay. The first goal came after Juve had weathered the early pressure and were looking relatively comfortable and the second goal, while clearly avoidable, is one there is always the possibility of conceding when you are pushing for a goal. Don't know if Chiellini's absence mattered on the first goal. Even if it did, these things go against you now and then over the course of a season.

All in all, not good, but nothing that's really terribly concerning for Juve.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

Indeed, but people around here are expecting Roma to win every single match including vs some tough opponents like Fiorentina or Milan, while Juve to lose against the likes of Livorno, Sassuolo...God damn pessimism.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What a fucked up day culminating in this loss. Well at least the day is over. Time to bounce back.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003

+1.Exactly.
We'll be fine.

Yes we deserved to lose,but no need to panic.
On a contrary,i hope we just wake up and play with more interest and passion.
Because it was obvious we came with the wrong approach today as well,and that 20 pts gap on the, was in our heads.

The game vs Lyon is the one that crucial,not today's one.

The only 2 things i'm mad about is:
1.That Conte played the best 11,and didn't rest Pirlo/Licht/Asa.
He did let Pogba and Asa a rest later on.(30min?)
2.Osvaldo-Llorente just can't play together,and it's the second time we see that shit,i hope it's the last one.

I hope this loss will make us a favour,and we'll play good from now on untll the end of the season,including EL first of all.

Forza Juve!!

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I agree completely with what your saying. My worry is that conte can see it but isn't trying to proactively address it just because the results are coming. Or moreover, an even bigger concern I have is that conte doesn't know how to change it. I don't want to compare conte to mourinho but the thing with mou is that he notices things aren't working and can change a tactic, style or the rhythm instantly. In 3 years watching conte I can honestly say I don't remember him ever having that impact, certainly not mid game. But is that something he can learn or is that a natural skill?
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results every time. Unfortunately this can pretty much be said about Conte. Refusing to change things and will often talk about the team doing extraordinary things in recent years instead of actually improving the team.

Conte is a great motivator by the looks of it but he does look tactically inept at times and doesn't know what to do to change certain things. He is happy to set us up the same every game and hope for the best.

The only change i seen from him was the 4-3-3 against Madrid which worked very well. Then he went back to his old ways of stone age tactics again hoping for the best and we got dumped out of the CL.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
I know this team and I know of its potential but this season we have on more than multiple occasions refused to show our potential. The excuses were plenty, in the beginning it was new forwards, later on it was conserving energy and now we are blaming fatigue. Napoli have played the exact same amount of league matches as we did, they have played the exact same amount of CL matches as we did (against a much harder group), they have even played MORE Coppa Italia matches and still we were the tired team and they were the resting team.
Yes they played the same amount of matches as us, they even did all that rotation.

And it all payed off in the end, they beat us. Somebody give them the "beating Juventus" scudetto.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I'ts once more interesting to notice that there's barely any middle ground at tuz. Half of the people think the Scudetto is in our bag for sure, the other half believes the race is wide open and Roma will win all of their remaining matches.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Yes they played the same amount of matches as us, they even did all that rotation.

And it all payed off in the end, they beat us. Somebody give them the "beating Juventus" scudetto.
You obviously missed the entire point.

- - - Updated - - -

I'ts once more interesting to notice that there's barely any middle ground at tuz. Half of the people think the Scudetto is in our bag for sure, the other half believes the race is wide open and Roma will win all of their remaining matches.
And very few think that neither side is correct :)

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting different results every time. Unfortunately this can pretty much be said about Conte. Refusing to change things and will often talk about the team doing extraordinary things in recent years instead of actually improving the team.

Conte is a great motivator by the looks of it but he does look tactically inept at times and doesn't know what to do to change certain things. He is happy to set us up the same every game and hope for the best.

The only change i seen from him was the 4-3-3 against Madrid which worked very well. Then he went back to his old ways of stone age tactics again hoping for the best and we got dumped out of the CL.
That's my concern too. Don't get me wrong, I love conte, I love his mentality, and I genuinely think off the field there is no better coach. He's good with the media, he's good with motivating. But the concern is his stubborness with tactics. In a match situation I don't consider him to be a good tactician.

It's clear he can build a formation, but he doesn't seem to have a plan b, let alone c or d! The CL showed him up for all his short comings, as if he didn't learn from last year at all....

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Tuzzers are extreme. Apocalypse now :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)