[Serie A] nipples soccer 2-0 JUVENTUS (March 30th 2014) (12 Viewers)

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
Time to reflect.

I am not mad at the loss but upset at the manner it came. We are by far the best team in the league but for a long period of time we have not shown it and not cared to show it. Today totally displayed what we have been doing since December, we got out smarted, out played and out muscled. Napoli got the better of us in every aspect of the game, in every department and on every inch on the field. We did not cause a single threat on their goal and up to the 20th minute we could have been 4 goals down where it not for Buffon and some luck. Just as we started to get in the match we conceded and there were no signs that we are able to get over that handicap.

I know this team and I know of its potential but this season we have on more than multiple occasions refused to show our potential. The excuses were plenty, in the beginning it was new forwards, later on it was conserving energy and now we are blaming fatigue. Napoli have played the exact same amount of league matches as we did, they have played the exact same amount of CL matches as we did (against a much harder group), they have even played MORE Coppa Italia matches and still we were the tired team and they were the resting team.

Our approach is said to be paralyse opponents, in the first 12 minutes Napoli had 5 corners, Buffon had two miraculous saves and Callejon's goal was luckily ruled out for offside. Where did we paralyse Napoli? Actually they did more than just paralyse us. Enough excuses, the team has to live up to its potential and its Conte's job to do so. I was told that in March we start blazing, March is over, what will we do in April?

Buffon 7

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 4.5
Vidal 4.5
Pirlo 5.5
Pogba 3.5
Asamoah 4.5

Llorente 3
Osvaldo 3

Vucinic 6
Marchisio 4.5
Isla 4
Excellent post :tup:

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
Time to reflect.

I am not mad at the loss but upset at the manner it came. We are by far the best team in the league but for a long period of time we have not shown it and not cared to show it. Today totally displayed what we have been doing since December, we got out smarted, out played and out muscled. Napoli got the better of us in every aspect of the game, in every department and on every inch on the field. We did not cause a single threat on their goal and up to the 20th minute we could have been 4 goals down where it not for Buffon and some luck. Just as we started to get in the match we conceded and there were no signs that we are able to get over that handicap.

I know this team and I know of its potential but this season we have on more than multiple occasions refused to show our potential. The excuses were plenty, in the beginning it was new forwards, later on it was conserving energy and now we are blaming fatigue. Napoli have played the exact same amount of league matches as we did, they have played the exact same amount of CL matches as we did (against a much harder group), they have even played MORE Coppa Italia matches and still we were the tired team and they were the resting team.

Our approach is said to be paralyse opponents, in the first 12 minutes Napoli had 5 corners, Buffon had two miraculous saves and Callejon's goal was luckily ruled out for offside. Where did we paralyse Napoli? Actually they did more than just paralyse us. Enough excuses, the team has to live up to its potential and its Conte's job to do so. I was told that in March we start blazing, March is over, what will we do in April?

Buffon 7

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 4.5
Vidal 4.5
Pirlo 5.5
Pogba 3.5
Asamoah 4.5

Llorente 3
Osvaldo 3

Vucinic 6
Marchisio 4.5
Isla 4
Bonucci played better than Caceres.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And the tought that there were some members here who said that we dont need another CM. :lol: :sergio:
Yeah. The biggest issue is that there is 1 guy who has to back up 3 positions.

And marchisio, can allways be asked to work hard as fuck, or cover/defend, but offensively, he cant pull it off himself.

We really need an offensive cm substitute for vidal/tevez

Oct 23, 2011
Time to reflect.

Buffon 7

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 4.5
Vidal 4.5
Pirlo 5.5
Pogba 3.5
Asamoah 4.5

Llorente 3
Osvaldo 3

Vucinic 6
Marchisio 4.5
Isla 4
:agree:

Mike-e-y

Jul 18, 2004
We have been playing like $#@! for 2 seasons now. We get by because there is a lack of competition in Italy and we can just over power the smaller teams because we have such a superior team.
Not really, last year we were good and we were good up until early feb. but since then we've resorted to long balls, it's been since we brought osvaldo in, llorente has been playing a lot worse (maybe he can't cope with competition) and osvaldo doesn't seem able to link up with anyone.

It was good to see Vucinic back today, maybe he can be a big player for us until the end of the season.

Teams have started to figure us out as well, pirlo has had a man on him for the last 10 games, and we simply do not have a plan b

Dec 24, 2012
Caceres wasn't excellent because Insigne tied him up in knots, but other than that not as terrible as Lichtsteiner or Isla (who both contribute to our awful wing play).

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Time to reflect.

Buffon 7

Caceres 6
Bonucci 5.5
Chiellini 5.5

Lichtsteiner 4.5
Vidal 4.5
Pirlo 5.5
Pogba 3.5
Asamoah 4.5

Llorente 3
Osvaldo 3

Vucinic 6
Marchisio 4.5
Isla 4
Dont let anyone fool you peeps. This is the truth.

Im not expecting a different team against lyon... we are totally phased tactically and psycologically.

We are not ourselves.

Right now.. is better for the season just to be over and try to build a better team. We cannot live just by the name of juventus, we need to show it on the field too.

We are just playing too bad and winning somehow

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Caceres wasn't excellent because Insigne tied him up in knots, but other than that not as terrible as Lichtsteiner or Isla (who both contribute to our awful wing play).
Hardly tied him in knots.

How many times did Insigne get past him and down the line? I can think of 1 where we had over committed in the second half.

The rest of the time Insigne was forced inside.

dann10

Ho visto Del Piero
Aug 26, 2008
Those napoli fans throwing water bottles at pirlo are the same fans that will scream and cheer when he scores a free kick for italy at the world cup.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Dont let anyone fool you peeps. This is the truth.

Im not expecting a different team against lyon... we are totally phased tactically and psycologically.

We are not ourselves.

Right now.. is better for the season just to be over and try to build a better team. We cannot live just by the name of juventus, we need to show it on the field too.

We are just playing too bad and winning somehow
You'd say that we are inter, reading your post

GarfielD

May 21, 2009
Yeah. The biggest issue is that there is 1 guy who has to back up 3 positions.

And marchisio, can allways be asked to work hard as $#@!, or cover/defend, but offensively, he cant pull it off himself.

We really need an offensive cm substitute for vidal/tevez
We need at least 3 solid rotation players: one CM, one AM, one winger and one LWB to rotare Asa with. Enough with Islas, Pelusos etc.

Btw, Llorente also needs a time on the bench. I am one of his biggest fanboys, but id bench him for Mirko at the moment IMO.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Not really, last year we were good and we were good up until early feb. but since then we've resorted to long balls, it's been since we brought osvaldo in, llorente has been playing a lot worse (maybe he can't cope with competition) and osvaldo doesn't seem able to link up with anyone.

It was good to see Vucinic back today, maybe he can be a big player for us until the end of the season.

Teams have started to figure us out as well, pirlo has had a man on him for the last 10 games, and we simply do not have a plan b
Yes this is the second season now we have been poor for a sustained period of time. I think it has a lot to do with the tactics Conte sets us up with. We no longer press the opposition now so we dont win the ball high up the pitch to start quick attacks with.

We soak up the pressure now and counter attack with very slow build up play which gives the opposition plenty of time to get into position to stop us. Why play a defensive game if we cant counter attack effectively? We are far to slow have no width to stretch the opposition and rely on to many flicks to come off to open up the play with the strikers.

There is a huge lack of creativity and speed in this team which is the result of our poor performances a lot of the time. Vidal has to go to the wings a lot to stop the opposition wingers making him cover huge amounts of ground on his own and on top of that has to attack as well.

Conte is not seeing any of this though and thinks everything is ok playing this kind of football.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 12)